Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Biden/Harris Border Bloodbath

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:28 am
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:50 am

Correct. My youngest and I had a pretty heated discussion last night and he will not vote for Harris after zero love was shown toward the Palestinian people during the convention. He’ll either vote Stein or sit this one out. He swears he’d do it even if we lived in a swing state.

I disagree with him and played the roll of realist/UNI88 (shut up ‘88!) but at least he’s principled.
I don't have a problem with it. Having principles and sticking to them is a good thing.

I'm guessing my oldest feels the same way and he lives in a state that only leans blue so his vote could make a difference.

I don't just "have some faith in our kid’s generation", I believe they're generally better people then we are.
Absolutely. I was just jabbing’ ya little. :mrgreen:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 7:17 am Wait till Kennedy drops out. Comparing national 2 way polls vs 5, his 5% ballpark drawing from about 70% Trump/30% Commiela. Looking at battleground its a little more complicated, because of a little less willingness to vote 3rd party in the 7 battleground vs the other 43 states.

Hairy armpits and Cornell West (last I saw 1.4% combined) drawing close to 100% from Commiela. Would any Stein or West voter otherwise vote Trump? Almost 100% not.
Correct. My youngest and I had a pretty heated discussion last night and he will not vote for Harris after zero love was shown toward the Palestinian people during the convention. He’ll either vote Stein or sit this one out. He swears he’d do it even if we lived in a swing state.

I disagree with him and played the roll of realist/UNI88 (shut up ‘88!) but at least he’s principled.
Oh lord

If my Dad ever engaged me in a political discussion at a young age I would of ran outside just to get away from him it
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:50 am

Oh lord

If my Dad ever engaged me in a political discussion at a young age I would of ran outside just to get away from him it
They’re 23 and 21 and it’s almost always them engaging me. I’m a liberal which is apparently only slightly better than a Republican. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:12 am
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:26 am

:thumb:

I have some faith in our kid’s generation.
Ask your kids how they liked Biden’s hidden tax and the devaluation of the cash in their wallets and ask them what Harris policy is going to make inflation better

Ask them about her tax plan. Granted it might not hit them being young and probably in a lower tax bracket but just to see what they say.

Do her taxes on investment encourage them to invest in the stock market?

Are they more concerned about climate change or the national debt
They recognize that higher tax states and countries have a higher standard of living and economic equality.

Their answer to the debt is higher taxes on the Uber rich and corporations and higher tax revenues via increased taxable wage incomes for the working class.

Environment trumps everything as it should.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:02 am

Ask your kids how they liked Biden’s hidden tax and the devaluation of the cash in their wallets and ask them what Harris policy is going to make inflation better

Ask them about her tax plan. Granted it might not hit them being young and probably in a lower tax bracket but just to see what they say.

They recognize that higher tax states and countries have a higher standard of living and economic equality.

Their answer to the debt is higher taxes on the Uber rich and corporations and higher tax revenues via increased taxable wage incomes for the working class.

And yet we still don't have a groundswell for nuclear energy. Environment only goes so far. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:44 am

I don't have a problem with it. Having principles and sticking to them is a good thing.

I'm guessing my oldest feels the same way and he lives in a state that only leans blue so his vote could make a difference.

I don't just "have some faith in our kid’s generation", I believe they're generally better people then we are.
Absolutely. I was just jabbing’ ya little. :mrgreen:
I wasn't offended in any way.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:05 am

And yet we still don't have a groundswell for nuclear energy. Environment only goes so far. :coffee:
I honestly don’t know their position it. Perhaps it should be pitched more effectively as a pro-environmental solution? :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:37 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:05 am

I honestly don’t know their position it. Perhaps it should be pitched more effectively as a pro-environmental solution? :coffee:
Can’t- the climate crazies are against nuclear.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:48 am
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:37 am

Can’t- the climate crazies are against nuclear.
Always going to be an albatross around environmentalists necks. They keep telling us that what we do now will impact the next 50 years, so even if we made improvements today (which we have) we won't see the impacts until 2070. Think if we had gone big-time into nuclear in the 90's - an era when we were well into a significantly safer state of being with regards to plant and nuclear safety. We'd be close to seeing those impacts now or in a couple of years, and it would've bought us the time needed to develop other stuff, electric cars that don't take hours to recharge. At a minimum, it would've given us the electrical grid we need to tackle anything else. It was a huge missed opportunity and it continues to be a missed opportunity every time we don't seriously include it in discussions. Frankly, any discussion I hear about the environment and the climate isn't serious unless we're contemplating nuclear.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:55 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:50 am

Oh lord

They’re 23 and 21 and it’s almost always them engaging me. I’m a liberal which is apparently only slightly better than a Republican. :lol:
O M G you’ve gone totally Rev Moon on these poor kids
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:43 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:55 am

O M G you’ve gone totally Rev Moon on these poor kids
:lol:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

How about some financial responsibility

Why can’t we hold our politicians accountable for wasting our money time and time again?

California is the perfect example of a higher taxed state and it’s a horror show

You try to “tax the rich” at those rates they’re just gonna move their money out of the United States into more tax-free investments, and it will mean less tax revenue for the country
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:57 am

Why can’t we hold our politicians accountable for wasting our money time and time again?

California is the perfect example of a higher taxed state and it’s a horror show

You try to “tax the rich” at those rates they’re just gonna move their money out of the United States into more tax-free investments, and it will mean less tax revenue for the country
We should be holding them accountable. The tax argument is a two way road.

Nobody likes to pay taxes but everyone wants and needs tax driven standards of living and infrastructure.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:14 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:57 am

Nobody likes to pay taxes but everyone wants and needs tax driven standards of living and infrastructure.
What’s up with the Stats FCS poll?

Why did you call it “managed”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:04 am
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:14 am

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:27 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:04 am

I get it

You’re not going to talk about it
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:34 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:27 pm

I get it

I have no idea whatsoever of the specific question you were trying to come up with. Or maybe it was one of your sick burns. Or you meant to reply to me in a different thread. :lol:

Care to reframe it or just continue to play grab ass?
Last edited by kalm on Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sounds like a good start.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 7:20 pm Sounds like a good start.
The last 2 listed will have rep. matt gaetz and dr. ronny johnson/jackson looking to move to countries without extradition to the US.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:53 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:34 pm

I get it

I have no idea whatsoever of the specific question you were trying to come up with. Or maybe it was one of your sick burns. Or you meant to reply to me in a different thread. :lol:

No, totally honest question

I don’t Remember where or when you posted it but it was probably a while back and maybe not even on this site. You were talking about the Stats poll, maybe it was me who asked you about it and you made a comment that I kind of remember saying it was “managed” or something similar

I was just curious what that means
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:33 am
kalm wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:53 pm

I don’t Remember where or when you posted it but it was probably a while back and maybe not even on this site. You were talking about the Stats poll, maybe it was me who asked you about it and you made a comment that I kind of remember saying it was “managed” or something similar

I used to be a voter. Craig Haley at that time micro-managed it a bit. You’d get a private email questioning your judgement on certain selections.

I’m grateful for the FCS exposure and content Haley has provided over the years but he’s also a bit of control freak and pompous ass.

But hey we all make mistakes and have our shortcomings.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:37 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:33 am

I used to be a voter. Craig Haley at that time micro-managed it a bit. You’d get a private email questioning your judgement on certain selections.

I’m grateful for the FCS exposure and content Haley has provided over the years but he’s also a bit of control freak and pompous ass.

But hey we all make mistakes and have our shortcomings.
:lol:

Thanks

If these media guys and these Stats voters were any good they would sign up and compete in the AGS pick em game. Maybe a few have, don’t know

30 games a week for the entire season, and the games are the ones with the closest pointspreads..

Not easy

Their good names would be tarnished by losing to a Puerto Rican known as Caribbean Hen, therefore they won’t
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

:nod:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Illegals try to hijack a bus full of small school children. Has happened multiple times this past week. Border Czar Commiela owns this.
https://nypost.com/2024/08/29/us-news/g ... officials/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Brought to you courtesy of Border Czar Harris.

Colorado mayor speaks out after video of armed Venezuelan gang in apartment goes viral: 'Failed policy'

Mayor Mike Coffman of Aurora, Colorado joined "America Reports" on Thursday after surveillance footage showing armed Venezuelan gang members in an apartment complex went viral online.

Coffman confirmed that at least two apartment buildings within the city limits have been overtaken by Venezuelan gangs…..
https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-may ... -viral.amp