Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:18 pm Piece of shit liar. Trump wanted to change format because it was someone new. Kamala declined. Now she's trying to blame this on Trump.

you don't even believe that bullshit yourself. :ohno:

He wanted to change the format so Harris can't use it to beat his ass like a kodo drum. :coffee:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:43 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:10 pm

I’m not the one arguing that declaring bankruptcy is a savvy business move. Which is different than two good reasons for bankruptcy. But yeah…run with it if you’d like.
Well actually, you brought it up and I provided the answer. You're the one now who has made two douchebag replies after getting an answer you asked for. You run with it bro.
Actually Houndy brought it up and Bob called it a savvy business move. I was 3rd to chime in. You’d save yourself time by reading for context.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:43 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:10 pm

I’m not the one arguing that declaring bankruptcy is a savvy business move. Which is different than two good reasons for bankruptcy. But yeah…run with it if you’d like.
Well actually, you brought it up and I provided the answer. You're the one now who has made two douchebag replies after getting an answer you asked for. You run with it bro.
:ohno: :roll:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CH’s friends with the 4th Estate, “sanewahing” Trump’s mental health. :ohno:
Four years ago, in an article for Media Matters for America, I warned that journalists were sanitizing Donald Trump’s incoherent ramblings to make them more palatable for the average voter. The general practice went like this: The press would take something Trump said or did—for instance, using a visit to the Centers for Disease Control to ask about Fox News’s ratings, insult then–Washington Governor Jay Inslee, rant about his attempt to extort Ukraine into digging up dirt on Joe Biden, and downplay the rising number of Covid-19 cases in the U.S.—and write them up as The New York Times did: “Trump Says ‘People Have to Remain Calm’ Amid Coronavirus Outbreak.” This had the effect of making it seem like Trump’s words and actions seemed cogent and sensible for the vast majority of Americans who didn’t happen to watch his rant live.

Flash-forward to today, and it’s clear this problem has only worsened. As Trump’s statements grow increasingly unhinged in his old age, major news outlets continue to reframe his words, presenting a dangerously misleading picture to the public.

For instance, last week, Trump posted the following to his Truth Social account:

I have reached an agreement with the Radical Left Democrats for a Debate with Comrade Kamala Harris. It will be Broadcast Live on ABC FAKE NEWS, by far the nastiest and most unfair newscaster in the business, on Tuesday, September 10th, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Rules will be the same as the last CNN Debate, which seemed to work out well for everyone except, perhaps, Crooked Joe Biden. The Debate will be “stand up,” and Candidates cannot bring notes, or “cheat sheets.” We have also been given assurance by ABC that this will be a “fair and equitable” Debate, and that neither side will be given the questions in advance (No Donna Brazile!). Harris would not agree to the FoxNews Debate on September 4th, but that date will be held open in case she changes her mind or, Flip Flops, as she has done on every single one of her long held and cherished policy beliefs. A possible third Debate, which would go to NBC FAKE NEWS, has not been agreed to by the Radical Left. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

CNN described that rambling, insult-laden, conspiracy-riddled wall of text—itself a pretty good example of what he spends his time off the campaign trail doing—by writing, “Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced he has ‘reached an agreement’ to participate in a September 10 debate with Vice President Kamala Harris, noting that ‘the rules will be the same as the last CNN debate, which seemed to work out well for everyone.’”

Does that really capture what Trump posted?

While speaking at an event put on by the extremist group Moms for Liberty, Trump spread a baseless conspiracy theory that “your kid goes to school and comes home a few days later with an operation,” referring to transition-related surgeries for trans people. In their write-up of the event, a glowing piece about how Trump “charmed” this group of “conservative moms,” the Times didn’t even mention the moment where he blathered on and on about a crazy conspiracy that has and will never happen.

This “sanewashing” of Trump’s statements isn’t just poor journalism; it’s a form of misinformation that poses a threat to democracy….
https://newrepublic.com/article/185530/ ... ng-problem
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Trump just did a Townhall and spoke coherently for 46 strait minutes on a wide variety of topics but Crumbela can’t even take a question …. She’s horrible

Meanwhile Rachel Maddy viewers were shocked to learn that Joey Rotten was demented after first debate. That’s the 4th estate in action. Where is Mrs Kittner when you need her …… whack… you knew. You knew everything you hooo
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:02 am CH’s friends with the 4th Estate, “sanewahing” Trump’s mental health. :ohno:
Four years ago, in an article for Media Matters for America, I warned that journalists were sanitizing Donald Trump’s incoherent ramblings to make them more palatable for the average voter. The general practice went like this: The press would take something Trump said or did—for instance, using a visit to the Centers for Disease Control to ask about Fox News’s ratings, insult then–Washington Governor Jay Inslee, rant about his attempt to extort Ukraine into digging up dirt on Joe Biden, and downplay the rising number of Covid-19 cases in the U.S.—and write them up as The New York Times did: “Trump Says ‘People Have to Remain Calm’ Amid Coronavirus Outbreak.” This had the effect of making it seem like Trump’s words and actions seemed cogent and sensible for the vast majority of Americans who didn’t happen to watch his rant live.

Flash-forward to today, and it’s clear this problem has only worsened. As Trump’s statements grow increasingly unhinged in his old age, major news outlets continue to reframe his words, presenting a dangerously misleading picture to the public.

For instance, last week, Trump posted the following to his Truth Social account:

I have reached an agreement with the Radical Left Democrats for a Debate with Comrade Kamala Harris. It will be Broadcast Live on ABC FAKE NEWS, by far the nastiest and most unfair newscaster in the business, on Tuesday, September 10th, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Rules will be the same as the last CNN Debate, which seemed to work out well for everyone except, perhaps, Crooked Joe Biden. The Debate will be “stand up,” and Candidates cannot bring notes, or “cheat sheets.” We have also been given assurance by ABC that this will be a “fair and equitable” Debate, and that neither side will be given the questions in advance (No Donna Brazile!). Harris would not agree to the FoxNews Debate on September 4th, but that date will be held open in case she changes her mind or, Flip Flops, as she has done on every single one of her long held and cherished policy beliefs. A possible third Debate, which would go to NBC FAKE NEWS, has not been agreed to by the Radical Left. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

CNN described that rambling, insult-laden, conspiracy-riddled wall of text—itself a pretty good example of what he spends his time off the campaign trail doing—by writing, “Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday announced he has ‘reached an agreement’ to participate in a September 10 debate with Vice President Kamala Harris, noting that ‘the rules will be the same as the last CNN debate, which seemed to work out well for everyone.’”

Does that really capture what Trump posted?

While speaking at an event put on by the extremist group Moms for Liberty, Trump spread a baseless conspiracy theory that “your kid goes to school and comes home a few days later with an operation,” referring to transition-related surgeries for trans people. In their write-up of the event, a glowing piece about how Trump “charmed” this group of “conservative moms,” the Times didn’t even mention the moment where he blathered on and on about a crazy conspiracy that has and will never happen.

This “sanewashing” of Trump’s statements isn’t just poor journalism; it’s a form of misinformation that poses a threat to democracy….
Come on, it's not like Trump is hiding somewhere (like a basement) and people can't either hear or read what he says. For all of his faults, the one thing Trump isn't is an unknown. He's right out there, constantly talking and giving speeches, and anyone with any semblance of knowledge of how to open a computer or a phone can easily see him in all his lunatic glory. No one is really unaware of who Trump is and how he acts and talks - the internet and news media are practically flood with video and soundbites from him. And all you need to do to find people questioning him and his mental ability to do the job is to turn on CNN or MSNBC at almost anytime and they'll be telling you he's a pathological liar and nuts. Trump isn't being shielded by anyone - he's far too brazen and far too out there to be limited like that. If you don't know Trump is a lunatic then you're just not paying attention.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:16 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:02 am CH’s friends with the 4th Estate, “sanewahing” Trump’s mental health. :ohno:

Come on, it's not like Trump is hiding somewhere (like a basement) and people can't either hear or read what he says. For all of his faults, the one thing Trump isn't is an unknown. He's right out there, constantly talking and giving speeches, and anyone with any semblance of knowledge of how to open a computer or a phone can easily see him in all his lunatic glory. No one is really unaware of who Trump is and how he acts and talks - the internet and news media are practically flood with video and soundbites from him. And all you need to do to find people questioning him and his mental ability to do the job is to turn on CNN or MSNBC at almost anytime and they'll be telling you he's a pathological liar and nuts. Trump isn't being shielded by anyone - he's far too brazen and far too out there to be limited like that. If you don't know Trump is a lunatic then you're just not paying attention.
I’m guessing there are still a significant number of apolitical voters who don’t pay attention until the debates or until even the last couple of weeks before the election. At least that’s been the wisdom in the past. They tend to watch football instead of infotainment. Or the local news. Or their out hunting and going to their kids youth sports practices and games. (Which all sound lovely btw). They also play a role in the outcome.

They may know Trump is a little unhinged but when outlets like the Times sanewash the depths of his increasing mental decline it’s dishonest and pushes the myth that the two candidates are just the left and right wing of the same bird and therefore similar.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:32 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:16 am

I’m guessing there are still a significant number of apolitical voters who don’t pay attention until the debates or until even the last couple of weeks before the election. At least that’s been the wisdom in the past. They tend to watch football instead of infotainment. Or the local news. Or their out hunting and going to their kids youth sports practices and games. (Which all sound lovely btw). They also play a role in the outcome.

They may know Trump is a little unhinged but when outlets like the Times sanewash the depths of his increasing mental decline it’s dishonest and pushes the myth that the two candidates are just the left and right wing of the same bird and therefore similar.
Someone who is already reading the NYT is most likely not an apolitical voter and is most likely not going to be voting for Trump anyway. And frankly, the only voters who really matter are the ones in the battleground states - if you're a voter in a non-battleground state your state is already in the column of either candidate. And believe me, being in a battleground state, there is literally no way you could be oblivious to really either candidate, given the volume of political ads that have been playing for months. Sure, if you want to turn yourself off and isolate so as not to have to hear any of this crap, you can do that. But you're unlikely to be a voter who does that and then reads the NYT's political stories. And really, again, it's not like Trump just popped up out of nowhere and is an unknown - he was a lunatic back in 2016 and for the 4 years in office and then the 4 years shouting in the distance during the Biden administration - if you don't know who and what Trump is by now you never will.

And just adding to this, I admit I don't know where in the paper you (or your source) pulled that quote from the NYT. But, being a newspaper, there is of course an objectivity to the style of writing that is normally done in the non-editorial sections of the newspaper. I don't really expect that section of the newspaper to make an editorial decision that Trump is a lunatic. While I believe he is, I'm not a doctor, and no respectable doctor would make that diagnosis from afar anyway. In that section of the newspaper, reporting the news without editorial comment is not only fine, it's good journalism. If you want the objective portions of newspapers to color their reporting with opinion and editorial comment, that's your opinion, but I'd rather have some area of the news not be that - it's already rare to find that anyway.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:56 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:32 am

Someone who is already reading the NYT is most likely not an apolitical voter and is most likely not going to be voting for Trump anyway. And frankly, the only voters who really matter are the ones in the battleground states - if you're a voter in a non-battleground state your state is already in the column of either candidate. And believe me, being in a battleground state, there is literally no way you could be oblivious to really either candidate, given the volume of political ads that have been playing for months. Sure, if you want to turn yourself off and isolate so as not to have to hear any of this crap, you can do that. But you're unlikely to be a voter who does that and then reads the NYT's political stories. And really, again, it's not like Trump just popped up out of nowhere and is an unknown - he was a lunatic back in 2016 and for the 4 years in office and then the 4 years shouting in the distance during the Biden administration - if you don't know who and what Trump is by now you never will.

And just adding to this, I admit I don't know where in the paper you (or your source) pulled that quote from the NYT. But, being a newspaper, there is of course an objectivity to the style of writing that is normally done in the non-editorial sections of the newspaper. I don't really expect that section of the newspaper to make an editorial decision that Trump is a lunatic. While I believe he is, I'm not a doctor, and no respectable doctor would make that diagnosis from afar anyway. In that section of the newspaper, reporting the news without editorial comment is not only fine, it's good journalism. If you want the objective portions of newspapers to color their reporting with opinion and editorial comment, that's your opinion, but I'd rather have some area of the news not be that - it's already rare to find that anyway.
Fair but the NYT was just one example.

How many voters right now realize Trump has stated that gender re-assignment is being performed in public schools behind parents backs?

The fact he can get away with that and a whole host of other equally ridiculous statements and still be tied in the polling means the media isn’t going it’s job or we are nation half full of idiots.

Both might be true.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:09 am

How many voters right now realize Trump has stated that gender re-assignment is being performed in public schools behind parents backs?

The fact he can get away with that and a whole host of other equally ridiculous statements and still be tied in the polling means the media isn’t going it’s job or we are nation half full of idiots.

Both might be true.
If you haven't heard that Trump said that, then you're just not paying attention. It's been reported by the media, so it's not like it's not out there. Maybe FOX hasn't been reporting it, but if you're only using an outlet like FOX for your news then you've already closed off your mind anyway.

But as for the race to be tied right now, I don't think that means we have a nation half full of idiots. It just means we have a nation that either half of them actually like Trump (and sure, some folks voting for him have seen him in all his lunacy and they actually like that) or that half of them are voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is. It's not like the Biden administration has been a shining star of Presidential administrations - there are real concerns about decisions that have been made and how they impact the nation. The economy, foreign relations, and border security are not strong suits the Dems can run on and Harris, although not the incumbent, was certainly part of all of that. So, again, some people out there generally like Trump - I have no idea how and frankly I try to distance myself from those folks where I can - but it's American and you're free to support who you want. And then there are some people that will look past Trump and vote for what they think he'll do or vote against what they think the Dems will do. Not everyone is factoring Trump's lunacy into their decisions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

The media needs Donald Trump for ratings so of course hysterical anchors have him on 24 7, they are just trying to complete with Fox who is crushing the competition which kind of uphold my theory on the fourth Estate. there’s only one channel that is fighting the lying corrupt media, and that is Fox News. The other conservative outlets are only watched by a thousand people or so

The way I see it, when Trump goes lunatic, hes just kind of holding up a mirror and reflecting back the lunacy he’s facing from the media …. The guy is very durable to, if you track his movements over the last six months he’s in a different spot every day, talking to media and people and he’s been in court. They literally hate this guy and are trying to destroy him but he just keeps on ticking. It’s actually pretty impressive if you ask me for a 78 year old guy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:25 am

Both might be true.
If you haven't heard that Trump said that, then you're just not paying attention. It's been reported by the media, so it's not like it's not out there. Maybe FOX hasn't been reporting it, but if you're only using an outlet like FOX for your news then you've already closed off your mind anyway.

But as for the race to be tied right now, I don't think that means we have a nation half full of idiots. It just means we have a nation that either half of them actually like Trump (and sure, some folks voting for him have seen him in all his lunacy and they actually like that) or that half of them are voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is. It's not like the Biden administration has been a shining star of Presidential administrations - there are real concerns about decisions that have been made and how they impact the nation. The economy, foreign relations, and border security are not strong suits the Dems can run on and Harris, although not the incumbent, was certainly part of all of that. So, again, some people out there generally like Trump - I have no idea how and frankly I try to distance myself from those folks where I can - but it's American and you're free to support who you want. And then there are some people that will look past Trump and vote for what they think he'll do or vote against what they think the Dems will do. Not everyone is factoring Trump's lunacy into their decisions.
So you’re going with half a nation of idiots…I disagree.

If you polled it, what percentage of average voters do you think know he said that. I’m guessing you’d be shocked by the low number. You and I are in a bubble of informed political junkies. Don’t mistake your own knowledge for how informed the general public is. Some of the most successful and smart people I hang around from engineers such as yourself to realtors, teachers would have zero clue he said that.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:19 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:25 am

So you’re going with half a nation of idiots…I disagree.

If you polled it, what percentage of average voters do you think know he said that. I’m guessing you’d be shocked by the low number. You and I are in a bubble of informed political junkies. Don’t mistake your own knowledge for how informed the general public is. Some of the most successful and smart people I hang around from engineers such as yourself to realtors, teachers would have zero clue he said that.
Why is it half a nation of idiots?

Ganny was clear that "half of them actually like Trump (and sure, some folks voting for him have seen him in all his lunacy and they actually like that) or that half of them are voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is."

I would put BDK in the category of "actually liking trump". Is BDK an idiot? I don't think so. There is a lot of pent up frustration with government and trump speaks to those people. Are they idiots? Is their frustration unjustified? I would argue that those who actually believe trump is fighting the deep state on their behalf are suckers but there's a difference between being a sucker and an idiot.

I would put someone like AZ in the category of "voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is". Is someone like AZ an idiot? I don't think so.
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:04 am The media needs Donald Trump for ratings so of course hysterical anchors have him on 24 7, they are just trying to complete with Fox who is crushing the competition which kind of uphold my theory on the fourth Estate. there’s only one channel that is fighting the lying corrupt media, and that is Fox News. The other conservative outlets are only watched by a thousand people or so

The way I see it, when Trump goes lunatic, hes just kind of holding up a mirror and reflecting back the lunacy he’s facing from the media …. The guy is very durable to, if you track his movements over the last six months he’s in a different spot every day, talking to media and people and he’s been in court. They literally hate this guy and are trying to destroy him but he just keeps on ticking. It’s actually pretty impressive if you ask me for a 78 year old guy.
It’s likely more like this type of scenario.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

How Trump uses the ‘Gish Gallop’ to flood debates with lies and nonsense
The disinformation technique, dubbed the Gish Gallop in 1994 by the National Center for Science Education’s founding director, Eugenie Scott, is essentially the art of burying one’s opponent in falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings, making it nearly impossible for them to cut through the subterfuge and correct the lies within the timed confines of a debate.

Making the GG method work in one’s favor requires criminal levels of confidence and showmanship.
“The issue is that Trump, love him or hate him, clearly has something bigger to his personality. Shameless and bizarre, but it’s there. The only thing he’s ever done well in life was reality TV, not business or property development. He brought that flair and unfortunate evil talent to the presidential stage of 2016 and he’s rode it ever since,” says Hasan.
I think trump uses this technique outside of debates as well. He floods the infosphere with "falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings, making it nearly impossible for" the media "to cut through the subterfuge and correct the lies".

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:12 am Trump just did a Townhall and spoke coherently for 46 strait minutes on a wide variety of topics but Crumbela can’t even take a question …. She’s horrible

Meanwhile Rachel Maddy viewers were shocked to learn that Joey Rotten was demented after first debate. That’s the 4th estate in action. Where is Mrs Kittner when you need her …… whack… you knew. You knew everything you hooo
This "townhall"? - Trump assails women who accused him of misconduct, days before his debate with Harris
Trump is doing his best to stay in the public eye while Harris prepares for the debate in private, meeting with her advisers in Pittsburgh. That’s a reflection of their divergent campaign styles, with Trump frequently engaging with reporters — albeit often in friendly settings — while Harris has done just one interview and no news conferences since taking President Joe Biden’s place atop the Democratic ticket.

His team had billed Friday's appearance as a press conference and Trump repeatedly brought up Harris’ lack of news conferences. But Trump took no questions and instead talked about the cases against him for an hour while hardly mentioning any campaign issues.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:19 am

I think Biden used this technique outside of debates as well. He floods the infosphere with "falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings, making it nearly impossible for" the media "to cut through the subterfuge and correct the lies".
FYP

Let’s be real here, Biden was only good at one thing and it was lying….
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:19 am
I think Biden used this technique outside of debates as well. He floods the infosphere with "falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings, making it nearly impossible for" the media "to cut through the subterfuge and correct the lies".
FYP

Please provide examples of the "falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings" that biden has flooded the infosphere with.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:38 pm

FYP

Please provide examples of the "falsehoods, outlandish rhetoric and red herrings" that biden has flooded the infosphere with.
I’m sure you can find them, actually, I don’t think he ever told the truth about anything

No joke
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:23 pm
I’m sure you can find them, actually, I don’t think he ever told the truth about anything

No joke
So you got nothing. :D

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

A historian who's correctly predicted 9 out of 10 elections says Kamala Harris will win in 2024
Lichtman, whose "Keys to the White House" prediction model consists of 13 true-or-false questions, said in the interview that eight keys were in Harris' favor.

Trump, Lichtman said, had three keys going for him — one, Harris isn't an incumbent; two, Harris isn't, in his opinion, a "once-in-a-generational, broadly inspirational candidate"; and three, the Democratic Party lost control of the House during the midterm elections in 2022.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:30 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:23 pm

No joke
So you got nothing. :D
When did he tell the truth ?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:32 pm A historian who's correctly predicted 9 out of 10 elections says Kamala Harris will win in 2024
Lichtman, whose "Keys to the White House" prediction model consists of 13 true-or-false questions, said in the interview that eight keys were in Harris' favor.

Trump, Lichtman said, had three keys going for him — one, Harris isn't an incumbent; two, Harris isn't, in his opinion, a "once-in-a-generational, broadly inspirational candidate"; and three, the Democratic Party lost control of the House during the midterm elections in 2022.
Despite his track record and recent spotlighting, Lichtman is an insufferable grade A douchebag who was arguing in July what a colossal mistake it would be to replace Biden. Because…he had the numbers.

Cenk Uyghur destroyed him in an interview over it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Both might be true.
Lol the fact that Commiela can be tied in the polls despite.in the past:

-Advocating for eliminating ICE, an agency which she compared to the KKK.
-Advocating for decriminalizing illegal immigration.
-Advocating for mass amnesty of illegal immigrants.
-Being against Remain In Mexico.

-Advocating for Defund the police.
-Advocating for eliminating cash bail.
-Advocating for giving violent felons the right to vote.
-Promoted a link to bail out violent BLM rioters.
-Supports a self described Marxist organization (BLM)
-Being for some form of reparations
-Promoted a fake lynching hoax (Jesse Smollett)

-Advocating for banning fracking.
-Advocating for banning offshore drilling.
-Advocating for banning the internal combustion engine/mandating electric vehicles.

-Advocating for eliminating all private health insurance
-Should consider a 70-80% top marginal tax rate
-Advocating for a mandatory gun buyback of modern sporting rifles (that the left likes to call assault weapons)
-Having zero restrictions on abortion, including partial birth.
-Advocating for banning plastic straws.

More recently has proposed:
-Govt price controls.
-Govt conficating drug company patents (never mind the orsky detail of it being illegal and unconstitutional, you just have to have the will to do it).
-$25k of taxpayer $$ to all 1st time home buyers to cause even more demand for the current housing shortage, driving up housing inflation (and inflation in general) even more. Developers/flippers/sellers just tack on 25k onto the price of their houses.
-Increasing the Cap Gain la tax rate from 20% to 45%
-Taxing unrealized gains.

-Accomplishing nothing of significance in close to 4 years as VP.
-Being a disaster in the one job of significance she was given, Border Czar.
-Often speaks in patronizing word salad like she is talking to a bunch of 1st graders.
-Has the most annoying cackle.
-Being the most unpopular VP since VP polling began.

And you think the nation is half full of idiots for 1/2 of them being against the above? Maybe you should take a look in the mirror. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

FYP

You’re kidding, right?

-lied about being raised in the Puerto Rican community
-lied about his Catholic school professor ‘Riley’ being drafted by the Green Bay Packers
-lied about being appointed to the US Naval Academy.
-lied about his reason for quitting the UD football team.
-lied about graduating in the top half of Syracuse law class
-lied about attending an HBCU.
-lied about receiving 3 degrees.
-lied about teaching at UPENN.
-lied about being arrested in a Civil rights protest.
-lied about being arrested when he met Nelson Mandela
-lied about his family background while plagiarizing a speech.
-lied about his wife and daughter being killed by a drunk driver.
-lied continuously about his son being killed in Iraq.
-lied about the # of times he was in Afghanistan and Iraq.
-lied about being shot at in Iraq.
-lied about police being killed on 1/6..
-lied about being at Ground Zero the day after 9/11.
-lied about not sharing classified info with his ghostwriter.
-lied about taking the train over the Key Bridge in Baltimore (no train tracks over the Key Bridge)
-lied about inflation being 9% when he entered office. It was 1.4%.
-‘Suckers and losers’ lie.
-‘Very fine people’ lie.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.