Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by kalm »

This is called honesty and standing on principle.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:03 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:21 pm

Possibility it might be true?! Holy fuck. Just stop with your unhinged TDS. You're just making shit up here. What a terrible argument.
Your double standard continues - You continue to require irrefutable proof for anything negative about trump but accept rumors and innuendo for anything negative about harris, biden, haley, etc.

When CH, bobsKKKat or you post some purely speculative bullshit about biden, harris, stolen elections, lawfare, January 6 being peaceful, etc. I'm going to respond with: "Holy fuck. Just stop with your unhinged _DS. You're just making shit up here. What a terrible argument."
:rofl: TDS so bad. You aren't voting for Harris, but you are on here defending her and attacking Trump! :rofl:

You are more driven by hatred than hope and thus peddle innuendo and bullshit. Look at your RFK Jr list. I looked at the top claim and it was false as hell, but you still peddled it. You are even worse with Trump.

This all started with you being unable to back up your claim that Jordan was a pedophile. Another innuendo you could not defend but peddled. And now you've tried to loop it back to Trump. :ohno: Talk about rent free.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:03 pm

Your double standard continues - You continue to require irrefutable proof for anything negative about trump but accept rumors and innuendo for anything negative about harris, biden, haley, etc.

When CH, bobsKKKat or you post some purely speculative bullshit about biden, harris, stolen elections, lawfare, January 6 being peaceful, etc. I'm going to respond with: "Holy fuck. Just stop with your unhinged _DS. You're just making shit up here. What a terrible argument."
:rofl: TDS so bad. You aren't voting for Harris, but you are on here defending her and attacking Trump! :rofl:

You are more driven by hatred than hope and thus peddle innuendo and bullshit. Look at your RFK Jr list. I looked at the top claim and it was false as hell, but you still peddled it. You are even worse with Trump.

This all started with you being unable to back up your claim that Jordan was a pedophile. Another innuendo you could not defend but peddled. And now you've tried to loop it back to Trump. :ohno: Talk about rent free.
Where have I defended harris? I think she's a horrible candidate. I'd support Kemp, Hogan, Haley and other real Republicans over harris in a heartbeat. I won't support a narcissistic sociopath like trump.

rfk jr is a whackjob conspiracy theorist whose closer relatives have done more to disavow him than a bunch of 2nd cousins wearing tee shirts. Yet you try to put lipstick on a bulldog and present him as some sort of unifier. rfk jr as a unifer is real bullshit. biden might be a horrible person but he's been convicted of nothing, why don't you speak up about the rumor and innuendo being spread about him?

I didn't say jordan was a pedophile (that's gaetz), I said he was a groomer. You can dispute the words of the people involved but you don't get to dismiss them as irrelevant. Former Ohio State University wrestlers say Jim Jordan betrayed them and shouldn't be House speaker
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:55 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:32 am

Where have I defended harris? I think she's a horrible candidate. I'd support Kemp, Hogan, Haley and other real Republicans over harris in a heartbeat. I won't support a narcissistic sociopath like trump.

rfk jr is a whackjob conspiracy theorist whose closer relatives have done more to disavow him than a bunch of 2nd cousins wearing tee shirts. Yet you try to put lipstick on a bulldog and present him as some sort of unifier. rfk jr as a unifer is real bullshit. biden might be a horrible person but he's been convicted of nothing, why don't you speak up about the rumor and innuendo being spread about him?

I didn't say jordan was a pedophile (that's gaetz), I said he was a groomer. You can dispute the words of the people involved but you don't get to dismiss them as irrelevant. Former Ohio State University wrestlers say Jim Jordan betrayed them and shouldn't be House speaker
The bolded pretty much shows it all. You provided me a list of RFK Jr whacko conspiracies. I disabused you on the very first claim as uninformed. What he said about the COVID virus targeting certain populations is normal and expected and it did. YOU keep pushing that RFK said it like he was implying it was specifically created to go after certain populations. He did not say that. YOU are the whackjob conspiracy theorist here. After wasting my time on that first claim, it's was easy to see how conspiratorial your list was.

You trying to quantify the validity of family members on their level of importance and trust-ability is more whackjob conspiracy level drivel. If you look back at my post, I was simply asking why the Walz family wasn't getting any air time but Mary Trump did. You immediately deflected to dubious claims about Trump.

Lastly. An article from NBC claiming Jim Jordan didn't protect wrestlers from a team doctor. Jordan ever get convicted of aiding the good doctor who overpowered those poor wrestlers to touch their weiners without consent? Amazing the information didn't make it to NBC until Oct of 2023.

Pretty easy to see who the real whackjob conspiracy theorist is here. You peddle more bullshit than Klamala. That's impressive.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:16 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 9:55 am

The bolded pretty much shows it all. You provided me a list of RFK Jr whacko conspiracies. I disabused you on the very first claim as uninformed. What he said about the COVID virus targeting certain populations is normal and expected and it did. YOU keep pushing that RFK said it like he was implying it was specifically created to go after certain populations. He did not say that. YOU are the whackjob conspiracy theorist here. After wasting my time on that first claim, it's was easy to see how conspiratorial your list was.

You trying to quantify the validity of family members on their level of importance and trust-ability is more whackjob conspiracy level drivel. If you look back at my post, I was simply asking why the Walz family wasn't getting any air time but Mary Trump did. You immediately deflected to dubious claims about Trump.

Lastly. An article from NBC claiming Jim Jordan didn't protect wrestlers from a team doctor. Jordan ever get convicted of aiding the good doctor who overpowered those poor wrestlers to touch their weiners without consent? Amazing the information didn't make it to NBC until Oct of 2023.

Pretty easy to see who the real whackjob conspiracy theorist is here. You peddle more bullshit than Klamala. That's impressive.
On gym jordan:
  • Why does he (or trump) have to be convicted of something for it to be true but rumors and innuendo are fine for joe biden, hunter biden, etc?
  • That article was published in Oct 2023 because gym jordan was being named a possible candidate for Speaker of the House at that time.
  • There are a number of news outlets that have covered the Ohio State wrestling controversy many of them earlier than October 2023. You'd have to have stuck your head in the sand to miss them.
  • You're throwing sh!t at the wall hoping something sticks and diverts attention from groomer gym jordan.
  • MAQA yahoos make up sh!t about LGBTQ+ people being groomers and pedophiles but ignore the ones (jordan, gaetz) in their midst. Hypocrites!
So you agree with rjk jr that “Covid-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people” and "the people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese”? Do you agree with some of his other "theories"? Can you provide irrefutable proof or convictions proving them like you do for trump or jordan?
  • Mass shootings are linked to prescription drugs (Prozac).
  • The 2004 presidential election was stolen.
  • The CIA was involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.
  • The pharmaceutical industry is throwing money at Democrats ... an analysis by STAT News found 23 of the country’s biggest drug companies and 2 pharmaceutical trade organizations have favored Republicans in 14 of the past 16 elections from 1990-2020, the most recent year STAT studied.
  • Gun ownership in Switzerland is similar to the United States ... despite data that shows U.S. civilians possess an average of 120.5 firearms per 100 people, the highest per-capita rate in the world, compared to 27.6 in Switzerland, according to the Small Arms Survey by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland.
  • The Covid-19 virus was genetically engineered: “Covid was clearly a bioweapons problem,” he said on Twitter Spaces, repeating a claim promoted by some hard-right lawmakers—U.S. intelligence agencies have said it’s possible the virus originated from a lab accident, but have found no evidence to support the claim that it was deliberately leaked.
  • Vaccines can cause autism: For years, Kennedy Jr. has promoted the theory that the preservative, thimerosal, which has largely been phased out of modern vaccine formulas, appears to be responsible for a rise in autism diagnoses and that the government knew but “knowingly allowed the pharmaceutical industry to poison an entire generation of American children,” he wrote in Rolling Stone and Salon in 2006, despite consensus among a number of certified health organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and more that have found no credible link between vaccines and autism.
Or are you going to use the BDKKKaren tactic and try to put the focus on one conspiracy theory while ignoring the others?

These are right up there with Jewish space lasers. rfk jr has gone off the deep end and fits right in with the whackjobs of MAQA.

RFK Jr. Launches Independent 2024 Run: Here Are All The Conspiracies He Promotes—From Vaccines To Mass Shootings

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:15 am This is called honesty and standing on principle.

Guy is a liar. Lol there‘s no such thing as a conservative voting for Harros because no conservative would vote for her policies.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:11 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:15 am This is called honesty and standing on principle.

Guy is a liar. Lol there‘s no such thing as a conservative voting for Harros because no conservative would vote for her policies.
lol, thankfully there are more than small few. You could make an easier case that Trump’s economic policy and courtship of Russia make him less of a conservative the fiscal conservative/red dawn types.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:47 pm

Of course Fred is full of shit. He's a trump (I know you're slow on the uptake so I'll give you some help - that means doneOLD is full of shit too).

In addition to what Fred reported doneOLD said about William we have General Milley reported that trump said "“Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded.” Yes, it's circumstantial but there are enough reports of trump's disdain/discomfort for/with the disabled that you'd have to be a fool not to not consider the possibility that it might be true.

You attempting to minimize him and Mary as well as the Kennedys while trying to make a bid deal out of walz's 2nd cousins is consistent with your double standard of dismissing/mocking anyone critical of trump/supportive of his opponents while holding those who support trump up as paragons of virtue for no reason other than politics.

You can't refute much of the criticism./mockery of trump so you weakly attempt to dismiss it as tDS.
Possibility it might be true?! Holy fuck. Just stop with your unhinged TDS. You're just making shit up here. What a terrible argument.
What do you think about trump's admission that he lost in 2020? Is he lying?
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:56 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:16 am

On gym jordan:
  • Why does he (or trump) have to be convicted of something for it to be true but rumors and innuendo are fine for joe biden, hunter biden, etc?
  • That article was published in Oct 2023 because gym jordan was being named a possible candidate for Speaker of the House at that time.
  • There are a number of news outlets that have covered the Ohio State wrestling controversy many of them earlier than October 2023. You'd have to have stuck your head in the sand to miss them.
  • You're throwing sh!t at the wall hoping something sticks and diverts attention from groomer gym jordan.
  • MAQA yahoos make up sh!t about LGBTQ+ people being groomers and pedophiles but ignore the ones (jordan, gaetz) in their midst. Hypocrites!
So you agree with rjk jr that “Covid-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people” and "the people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese”? Do you agree with some of his other "theories"? Can you provide irrefutable proof or convictions proving them like you do for trump or jordan?
  • Mass shootings are linked to prescription drugs (Prozac).
  • The 2004 presidential election was stolen.
  • The CIA was involved in the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.
  • The pharmaceutical industry is throwing money at Democrats ... an analysis by STAT News found 23 of the country’s biggest drug companies and 2 pharmaceutical trade organizations have favored Republicans in 14 of the past 16 elections from 1990-2020, the most recent year STAT studied.
  • Gun ownership in Switzerland is similar to the United States ... despite data that shows U.S. civilians possess an average of 120.5 firearms per 100 people, the highest per-capita rate in the world, compared to 27.6 in Switzerland, according to the Small Arms Survey by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland.
  • The Covid-19 virus was genetically engineered: “Covid was clearly a bioweapons problem,” he said on Twitter Spaces, repeating a claim promoted by some hard-right lawmakers—U.S. intelligence agencies have said it’s possible the virus originated from a lab accident, but have found no evidence to support the claim that it was deliberately leaked.
  • Vaccines can cause autism: For years, Kennedy Jr. has promoted the theory that the preservative, thimerosal, which has largely been phased out of modern vaccine formulas, appears to be responsible for a rise in autism diagnoses and that the government knew but “knowingly allowed the pharmaceutical industry to poison an entire generation of American children,” he wrote in Rolling Stone and Salon in 2006, despite consensus among a number of certified health organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and more that have found no credible link between vaccines and autism.
Or are you going to use the BDKKKaren tactic and try to put the focus on one conspiracy theory while ignoring the others?

These are right up there with Jewish space lasers. rfk jr has gone off the deep end and fits right in with the whackjobs of MAQA.

RFK Jr. Launches Independent 2024 Run: Here Are All The Conspiracies He Promotes—From Vaccines To Mass Shootings
Jim Jordan doesn't need to be addressed any more. You've got nothing. He was never in court and it's been years since the allegation claimed it happened. Blasey-Ford level stuff here.

In regards to Covid and RFK Jr. I already covered what he said. You and the media are conflating two separate conversations he was having. The first being that he was talking about the money the US spends on development of viruses in which they are targeted to specific populations. RFK pointed out that COVID had a propensity to be tougher on Blacks and Whites and less so on Jewish and Chinese. You are way off on this one. Your Forbes article starts off poorly mischaracterizing JFK on Covid as well.

I also already told you that after I debunked that first claim, I don't have the time to run down all your half baked conspiracy theories.

Last week you tried to tell me that the reason Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan was due to them following Trump's plan. That is patently false.

You peddle in innuendo and conspiracies. Total whack job. Stop wasting people's time with your StOnge out of context copy/paste fest.

You really should get your head checked out.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:26 pm

I think he knows the election is over and there is nothing he can do about it. We've all seen the courts shut down any independent auditing of ballots, signatures, etc. An election where Trump won 19 of 20 bellwether stats, but still lost. I think he is lying! :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Trump vs Harris

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:56 am

On gym jordan:

Jim Jordan doesn't need to be addressed any more. You've got nothing. He was never in court and it's been years since the allegation claimed it happened. Blasey-Ford level stuff here.

In regards to Covid and RFK Jr. I already covered what he said. You and the media are conflating two separate conversations he was having. The first being that he was talking about the money the US spends on development of viruses in which they are targeted to specific populations. RFK pointed out that COVID had a propensity to be tougher on Blacks and Whites and less so on Jewish and Chinese. You are way off on this one. Your Forbes article starts off poorly mischaracterizing JFK on Covid as well.

I also already told you that after I debunked that first claim, I don't have the time to run down all your half baked conspiracy theories.

Last week you tried to tell me that the reason Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan was due to them following Trump's plan. That is patently false.

You peddle in innuendo and conspiracies. Total whack job. Stop wasting people's time with your StOnge out of context copy/paste fest.

You’ve debunked nothing. You have nothing but name calling and deflection. You judge me but get upset when I judge people you worship like gods. Your double standard is morally bankrupt.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:35 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

You’ve debunked nothing. You have nothing but name calling and deflection. You judge me but get upset when I judge people you worship like gods. Your double standard is morally bankrupt.
Uh. I just debunked two of your examples. As stated, I don't have the time to keep doing this. Be better and stop posting unfounded lies.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The real, stable genius is on a roll.
Trump told the audience that when he took office in 2017, military officers told him the U.S. had given all the military’s ammunition away to allies. Then he went on a rant against our allies, saying that they’re only our allies when they need something and that they would never come to our aid if we needed them. This echoes the talking points put out by Russian operatives and flies in the face of the fact that the one time the North Atlantic Treaty Organization invoked the mutual defense pact in that agreement was after the attacks of September 11, 2001, in support of the U.S.

He embraced Project 2025’s promise to eliminate the Department of Education and send education back to the states so that right-wing figures like Wisconsin’s Senator Ron Johnson can run it. He reiterated the MAGA claim that mothers are executing their babies after birth—this is completely bonkers—and again echoed Russian talking points when he said these executions are happening—they are not—but “nobody talks about it.” He went on: “We did a great thing when we got Roe v. Wade out of the federal government.”

He reiterated the complete fantasy that schools are performing gender-affirming surgery on children. “Can you imagine you're a parent and your son leaves the house and you say, Jimmy, I love you so much, go have a good day at school, and your son comes back with a brutal operation. Can you even imagine this? What the hell is wrong with our country?” Trump’s suggestion that schools are performing surgery on students is bananas. This is simply not a thing that happens.

And then he went full-blown apocalyptic, attacking immigrants and claiming that crime, which in reality has dropped dramatically since President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris took office after a spike during his own term, has made the U.S. uninhabitable. He said that “If I don’t win Colorado, it will be taken over by migrants and the governor will be sent fleeing.” "Migrants and crime are here in our country at levels never thought possible before…. You're not safe even sitting here, to be honest with you. I'm the only one that's going to get it done. Everybody is saying that." He urged people to protest “because you’re being overrun by criminals.”

He assured attendees that "If you think you have a nice house, have a migrant enjoy your house, because a migrant will take it over. A migrant will take it over. It will be Venezuela on steroids." He reiterated his plan to get rid of migrants. “And you know,” he said, “getting them out will be a bloody story.”

He went on to try to rev up supporters in words very similar to those he used on January 6th, 2021, but focused on this election. “Every citizen who’s sick and tired of the parasitic political class in Washington that sucks our country of its blood and treasure, November fifth will be your liberation day. November fifth, this year, will be the most important day in the history of our country because we’re not going to have a country anymore if we don’t win.”

He promised: “I will prevent World War III, and I am the only one that can do it. I will prevent World War III. And if I don’t win this election,... Israel is doomed…. Israel will be gone…. I’d better win.”

"I better win or you're gonna have problems like we've never had. We may have no country left. This may be our last election. You want to know the truth? People have said that. This may be our last election…. It’ll all be over, and you gotta remember…. Trump is always right. I hate to be right. I’m always right.”
https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... dium=email
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:32 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:26 pm

I think he knows the election is over and there is nothing he can do about it. We've all seen the courts shut down any independent auditing of ballots, signatures, etc. An election where Trump won 19 of 20 bellwether stats, but still lost. I think he is lying! :lol:
Thats always the safe bet - I see where he's back to never having met EJ Carrol. That lie may yet cost him more money. :lol:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 6:35 pm The real, stable genius is on a roll.
Trump told the audience that when he took office in 2017, military officers told him the U.S. had given all the military’s ammunition away to allies. Then he went on a rant against our allies, saying that they’re only our allies when they need something and that they would never come to our aid if we needed them. This echoes the talking points put out by Russian operatives and flies in the face of the fact that the one time the North Atlantic Treaty Organization invoked the mutual defense pact in that agreement was after the attacks of September 11, 2001, in support of the U.S.

He embraced Project 2025’s promise to eliminate the Department of Education and send education back to the states so that right-wing figures like Wisconsin’s Senator Ron Johnson can run it. He reiterated the MAGA claim that mothers are executing their babies after birth—this is completely bonkers—and again echoed Russian talking points when he said these executions are happening—they are not—but “nobody talks about it.” He went on: “We did a great thing when we got Roe v. Wade out of the federal government.”

He reiterated the complete fantasy that schools are performing gender-affirming surgery on children. “Can you imagine you're a parent and your son leaves the house and you say, Jimmy, I love you so much, go have a good day at school, and your son comes back with a brutal operation. Can you even imagine this? What the hell is wrong with our country?” Trump’s suggestion that schools are performing surgery on students is bananas. This is simply not a thing that happens.

And then he went full-blown apocalyptic, attacking immigrants and claiming that crime, which in reality has dropped dramatically since President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris took office after a spike during his own term, has made the U.S. uninhabitable. He said that “If I don’t win Colorado, it will be taken over by migrants and the governor will be sent fleeing.” "Migrants and crime are here in our country at levels never thought possible before…. You're not safe even sitting here, to be honest with you. I'm the only one that's going to get it done. Everybody is saying that." He urged people to protest “because you’re being overrun by criminals.”

He assured attendees that "If you think you have a nice house, have a migrant enjoy your house, because a migrant will take it over. A migrant will take it over. It will be Venezuela on steroids." He reiterated his plan to get rid of migrants. “And you know,” he said, “getting them out will be a bloody story.”

He went on to try to rev up supporters in words very similar to those he used on January 6th, 2021, but focused on this election. “Every citizen who’s sick and tired of the parasitic political class in Washington that sucks our country of its blood and treasure, November fifth will be your liberation day. November fifth, this year, will be the most important day in the history of our country because we’re not going to have a country anymore if we don’t win.”

He promised: “I will prevent World War III, and I am the only one that can do it. I will prevent World War III. And if I don’t win this election,... Israel is doomed…. Israel will be gone…. I’d better win.”

"I better win or you're gonna have problems like we've never had. We may have no country left. This may be our last election. You want to know the truth? People have said that. This may be our last election…. It’ll all be over, and you gotta remember…. Trump is always right. I hate to be right. I’m always right.”
https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... dium=email
dude is too old to be keeping cocaine dealer hours, he's losing his shit in real time as we watch... :ohno:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 4:35 pm You’ve debunked nothing. You have nothing but name calling and deflection. You judge me but get upset when I judge people you worship like gods. Your double standard is morally bankrupt.
Uh. I just debunked two of your examples. As stated, I don't have the time to keep doing this. Be better and stop posting unfounded lies.
Sure you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

The self Appointed geniuses on here tell us that illegals don’t vote….. period

Wrong

Angelica Maria Francisco, a 42-year-old undocumented individual who most recently resided in Russellville, Alabama, is facing a nine-count information filed in federal court for false claims of citizenship in connection with voting, false statements in application for a United States passport, use of a United States passport obtained by false statements, and aggravated identity theft.  
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

RFK being a nut job isn't a reason to vote for or against anyone he supports. After being in Fargo this weekend and talking to people, there's a lot of people angry with the Democrat BS. Trump is promising to be a savior, and many believe it. Just like many on the Donk side believe that their taxes and feel good policies are going to save the planet. Idiocracy has arrived.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:04 am RFK being a nut job isn't a reason to vote for or against anyone he supports. After being in Fargo this weekend and talking to people, there's a lot of people angry with the Democrat BS. Trump is promising to be a savior, and many believe it. Just like many on the Donk side believe that their taxes and feel good policies are going to save the planet. Idiocracy has arrived.
Agreed on the idiocy and it comes from both sides. The R’s at least used to provide a check on some of the more outlandish policy. That is no more as the party has become a a regressive and activist cult.

The planet is still worth trying to save and there are many examples of feel good legislation improving economic and environmental conditions for the common man. The Dems are only luke warm in creating policies that bring us into the 21st century. The R’s have virtually nothing in this regard.

This is the easiest, most clear cut election choice we’ve had in my lifetime.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

None of this is made up. It’s the sign of a mentally unwell person.

Yeah…vote for that… :lol:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:58 am The self Appointed geniuses on here tell us that illegals don’t vote….. period

Wrong

Angelica Maria Francisco, a 42-year-old undocumented individual who most recently resided in Russellville, Alabama, is facing a nine-count information filed in federal court for false claims of citizenship in connection with voting, false statements in application for a United States passport, use of a United States passport obtained by false statements, and aggravated identity theft.  
Well there's one out of 155,000,000 votes.

Keep up the good work, son. :thumb:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:20 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:04 am RFK being a nut job isn't a reason to vote for or against anyone he supports. After being in Fargo this weekend and talking to people, there's a lot of people angry with the Democrat BS. Trump is promising to be a savior, and many believe it. Just like many on the Donk side believe that their taxes and feel good policies are going to save the planet. Idiocracy has arrived.
Agreed on the idiocy and it comes from both sides. The R’s at least used to provide a check on some of the more outlandish policy. That is no more as the party has become a a regressive and activist cult.

The planet is still worth trying to save and there are many examples of feel good legislation improving economic and environmental conditions for the common man. The Dems are only luke warm in creating policies that bring us into the 21st century. The R’s have virtually nothing in this regard.

This is the easiest, most clear cut election choice we’ve had in my lifetime.

...in a deep red state? No shit? :roll:

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:47 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 4:58 am The self Appointed geniuses on here tell us that illegals don’t vote….. period

Wrong

Well there's one out of 155,000,000 votes.

Keep up the good work, son. :thumb:
This is progress from you
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:47 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:11 pm
lol, thankfully there are more than small few. You could make an easier case that Trump’s economic policy and courtship of Russia make him less of a conservative the fiscal conservative/red dawn types.
Lol wrong. No real conservative would vote for Harris, which would be voting for her policies (economic and other) that she has advocated over the years. Lol if you don‘t think they are to the left of Trump.

Any real conservative is either voting for Trump (whether they like him or not), or they’re doing write in, or not voting.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 11:11 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:19 am

So you’re going with half a nation of idiots…I disagree.

If you polled it, what percentage of average voters do you think know he said that. I’m guessing you’d be shocked by the low number. You and I are in a bubble of informed political junkies. Don’t mistake your own knowledge for how informed the general public is. Some of the most successful and smart people I hang around from engineers such as yourself to realtors, teachers would have zero clue he said that.
Why is it half a nation of idiots?

Ganny was clear that "half of them actually like Trump (and sure, some folks voting for him have seen him in all his lunacy and they actually like that) or that half of them are voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is."

I would put BDK in the category of "actually liking trump". Is BDK an idiot? I don't think so. There is a lot of pent up frustration with government and trump speaks to those people. Are they idiots? Is their frustration unjustified? I would argue that those who actually believe trump is fighting the deep state on their behalf are suckers but there's a difference between being a sucker and an idiot.

I would put someone like AZ in the category of "voting for his policies, or against Harris's policies, regardless of how detestable he is". Is someone like AZ an idiot? I don't think so.
Gee thanks.

I’m voting based on:
-Comparing each candidates 4 years in office
-What each candidate has said they’re for and going to do.
-What each respective party platform says.
Not on personality.

MY Top 6 issues
1.2A: think Trump is better hands down.
2.1A: think Trump is better hands down based on govt censorship during the 2020 campaign, during Covid on people who opposed the vax and mask mandates and said the virus came from a Chinese lab, and what’s going on now.
3.Judges: Trump is better hands down for closer to originalist judges. Harris would appoint completely different.
4.Illegal immigration/border: Trump is better hands down. Just compare 2017-2020 with 2021-2024 numbers under Harris.We don‘t control our borders.
5.Economy: Think Trump better.
-Inflation scoreboard: avg 1.9% a year under Trump, 5.6% a year 2021-2023 under Biden/Harris. I hate inflation.
-Higher Gas prices under Biden/Harris.
-Way higher Interest rates under Biden/Harris.
-Trump 1 stupid economic idea: tariffs.
Commiela 3 catastrophically stupid ideas:
-Taxing unrealized gains.
-Doubling cap gains rate from 20% to 45%.
-Price controls.
Not even including banning fracking which she has flipped flopped on.
6.Regulation: Trump better hands down.
Examples:
-Biden/Harris mask and vax mandates during Covid.
Since my gut renovation in 2013 have:
-Lower flow shower head due to govt regulations.
-Lower flow toilet due to govt regulations
-Can no longer buy incandescent light bulbs due to govt regulations.
-More expensive appliances due to govt regulation.
-More expensive vehicles due to govt regulations. Comniela said she wanted to mandate electric vehicles, which she has now flipped flopped on.

Those above areas affect my life or have the potential to. I don’t GAF about whatever else Trump has said, done, or been accused of. None of that affects my life. Trump being a insert whatever negative you want to insert about Trump here doesn’t affect my life. Short of Trump going out and shooting someone in broad daylight I would vote for Trump over Harris. Heck, Trump could shoot someone in broad daylight and I still wouldn’t my vote for Harris. Would probably write in someone or boot on head guy.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.