Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-21

Post by JALMOND »

The final week of tuneups for most of the teams in the Big Sky before conference play begins next week. Quite a few good matchups in the conference, some that will test a few teams. Cal Poly is sitting this weekend out but everyone else is playing. I am currently at 29-5 for the year which is pretty darn good, but still hoping for a perfect week. Here are my predictions for this week's games.

EWU at Nevada---Before the season, this game was being looked at a good possibility for getting an FBS scalp, but given how the Eagles have looked recently, many people have cooled on that idea. Their opponent is not an FBS heavy so the Eagles could surprise them, but I don't think it will happen...Nevada 31, EWU 20.

Western Carolina at UM---The Grizzlies took some frustrations out at home last week after getting a tough road loss the week before. They are bringing in a tough top 25 opponent into their neck of the woods. Can they continue their good feelings from a week ago and get a good win again?...UM 28, Western Carolina 14.

Mercyhurst at MSU---The Bobcats have had two weeks to prepare for a home game against a new FCS squad making their transition to the Northeast. Will the Bobcats be looking forward to conference play, thinking this game is an easy win? Will it actually matter if they are looking forward...MSU 55, Mercyhurst 7.

Southern Utah at ISU---Nothing much was expected from the Bengals and actually they have had some good play so far this season. They only have a win over a DII opponent, but they have looked improved from last year. This week, a strong test comes calling in their place, however...Southern Utah 35, ISU 28.

NAU at Incarnate Word---The Lumberjacks also have come out and looked good this season so far. They have a couple good wins and a good showing against their big brothers to the south. However, this weekend has them on the road, playing one of the heavies in the FCS...Incarnate Word 27, NAU 20.

SAC at Texas A&M-Commerce---The Hornets turned back a strong test at home last week to get their first win of the season. They are back on the road this week, venturing into deep Texas country for a good game against a Southland foe. A win here will set them up nicely for conference play...SAC 28, Texas A&M-Commerce 20.

WSU at Northwestern State---Smarting from a tough road loss to the Southland last week, the Wildcats are hoping to get back on their winning ways. They make another quick road trip to the Southland this week, hoping to avenge last week's heartbreaking loss. They should get this one...WSU 35, Northwestern State 17.

UI at Abilene Christian---The Vandals avenged last year's playoff loss last week in a good home test. They get a strong test on the road in FCS this week, with a good United team welcoming them. Can success against the FBS on the road translate to success at the FCS level on the road...UI 24, Abilene Christian 21.

UNC at Stephen F Austin---The Bears also have had their share of good moments so far in the non-conference season and hope to close it out with a strong road win. They feel like they let one get away last weekend and are hoping to have another chance. Can they get this one...Stephen F Austin 28, UNC 21.

PSU at Boise State---The Vikings were prepared to play a top dog in all of FCS last week, but whooping cough came in and forced them to cancel. Now they make a return to the FBS level, playing a team with a darkhorse Heisman hopeful at running back. Can they get a win? Ummm, no...Boise State 48, PSU 7.

Utah Tech at UCD---The Aggies are looking good as well so far, racking up a bunch of good performances along the way. They got a great road win last week. They get a test at home this week against a team playing their third Big Sky team. The other two got wins, why can't the Aggies?...UCD 33, Utah Tech 21.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-21

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 28-38 NevadaJeff Choate looks for his first win over the Eagles

Portland St. 17-59 BoiseThe Vikings could leave the Broncos wheezing & whooping… just not until after the game :?

Utah Tech 10-38 DavisThe Blazers will eventually get to play a winnable game, but not this week

Sac State 34-17 Commerce — The Lions actually did get a winnable game last week, but they blew it with 6 turnovers

Idaho 27-24 Abilene Scientologist — The Big Sky Game of the Week, IMO: Idaho's defense should be the best unit on the field here

Suutah 35-27 Idaho St. — Hunter Hays should give the Bengals a shot, assuming they start him, but I don't think they'll have an answer for Targhee Lambson

Weber 34-13 NW State — Even the heat & humidity won't be enough to save an awful Demons squad

NAU 17-28 Incarnate WordThe Cardinals should be hungry for a win after two hard-fought losses to highly ranked MVFC teams

Western Carolina 21-31 MontanaIt's unclear how good each team is right now (especially WCU), but Cullowhee to Missoula is a long road trip

Mercyhurst 17-51 Montana St."Mercy" figures to be a relevant word in this contest

NoCo 17-27 SFAThe Bears may actually be competitive this season, but I doubt that'll be enough to win in the Texas heat
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kitties run up triple digits, even with 4th or 5th stringers playing much of the game....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:46 pm The final week of tuneups for most of the teams in the Big Sky before conference play begins next week. Quite a few good matchups in the conference, some that will test a few teams. Cal Poly is sitting this weekend out but everyone else is playing. I am currently at 29-5 for the year which is pretty darn good, but still hoping for a perfect week. Here are my predictions for this week's games.

EWU at Nevada---Before the season, this game was being looked at a good possibility for getting an FBS scalp, but given how the Eagles have looked recently, many people have cooled on that idea. Their opponent is not an FBS heavy so the Eagles could surprise them, but I don't think it will happen...Nevada 31, EWU 20.

Western Carolina at UM---The Grizzlies took some frustrations out at home last week after getting a tough road loss the week before. They are bringing in a tough top 25 opponent into their neck of the woods. Can they continue their good feelings from a week ago and get a good win again?...UM 28, Western Carolina 14.

Mercyhurst at MSU---The Bobcats have had two weeks to prepare for a home game against a new FCS squad making their transition to the Northeast. Will the Bobcats be looking forward to conference play, thinking this game is an easy win? Will it actually matter if they are looking forward...MSU 55, Mercyhurst 7.

Southern Utah at ISU---Nothing much was expected from the Bengals and actually they have had some good play so far this season. They only have a win over a DII opponent, but they have looked improved from last year. This week, a strong test comes calling in their place, however...Southern Utah 35, ISU 28.

NAU at Incarnate Word---The Lumberjacks also have come out and looked good this season so far. They have a couple good wins and a good showing against their big brothers to the south. However, this weekend has them on the road, playing one of the heavies in the FCS...Incarnate Word 27, NAU 20.

SAC at Texas A&M-Commerce---The Hornets turned back a strong test at home last week to get their first win of the season. They are back on the road this week, venturing into deep Texas country for a good game against a Southland foe. A win here will set them up nicely for conference play...SAC 28, Texas A&M-Commerce 20.

WSU at Northwestern State---Smarting from a tough road loss to the Southland last week, the Wildcats are hoping to get back on their winning ways. They make another quick road trip to the Southland this week, hoping to avenge last week's heartbreaking loss. They should get this one...WSU 35, Northwestern State 17.

UI at Abilene Christian---The Vandals avenged last year's playoff loss last week in a good home test. They get a strong test on the road in FCS this week, with a good United team welcoming them. Can success against the FBS on the road translate to success at the FCS level on the road...UI 24, Abilene Christian 21.

UNC at Stephen F Austin---The Bears also have had their share of good moments so far in the non-conference season and hope to close it out with a strong road win. They feel like they let one get away last weekend and are hoping to have another chance. Can they get this one...Stephen F Austin 28, UNC 21.

PSU at Boise State---The Vikings were prepared to play a top dog in all of FCS last week, but whooping cough came in and forced them to cancel. Now they make a return to the FBS level, playing a team with a darkhorse Heisman hopeful at running back. Can they get a win? Ummm, no...Boise State 48, PSU 7.

Utah Tech at UCD---The Aggies are looking good as well so far, racking up a bunch of good performances along the way. They got a great road win last week. They get a test at home this week against a team playing their third Big Sky team. The other two got wins, why can't the Aggies?...UCD 33, Utah Tech 21.
10-1 this week, missed the Idaho State win. Now 39-6 overall.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:22 pmIdaho 27-24 Abilene Scientologist — The Big Sky Game of the Week, IMO: Idaho's defense should be the best unit on the field here
DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

I guess I should just go with 27-24 for every game since both of my perfect score picks this season were 27-24. :?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Everything is better with SeattleGriz