Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: doneOLD vs Harris

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:19 am
Haven't we been hearing, since at least 2016, that America's very existence depends on the outcome of a Presidential election? The Republic is at stake. Democracy itself is at stake. Eventually people are going to look around, realize America is still here, and will tune out this kind of news coverage. I wouldn't be shocked if they've already done that.
But being told America’s very existence depends on it might
You’re right, but Biden voters are more susceptible to this kind of BS

What will the media do without Trump?

I’m sick and tired of four year election cycles in the media that’s all they ever talk about
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: doneOLD vs Harris

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:19 am
Haven't we been hearing, since at least 2016, that America's very existence depends on the outcome of a Presidential election? The Republic is at stake. Democracy itself is at stake. Eventually people are going to look around, realize America is still here, and will tune out this kind of news coverage. I wouldn't be shocked if they've already done that.
But being told America’s very existence depends on it might
I found the opinion piece interesting not because of that but because of the potential impact of “persuadable voters” vs “irregular voters” angle. I've thought that “persuadable voters” would make the difference but could a trump appeal to “irregular voters” buoy his campaign enough?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by UNI88 »

jd repeatedly said last night that harris has had 3 1/2 years (as VP) to implement her policies. Shouldn't the same standard be applied to doneOLD? He had 4 years to implement any policies that he's now discussing.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:21 am jd repeatedly said last night that harris has had 3 1/2 years (as VP) to implement her policies. Shouldn't the same standard be applied to doneOLD? He had 4 years to implement any policies that he's now discussing.
I think the GOP's argument would be that Trump's policies were working, with the economy and with immigration, and that many of the Biden maneuvers early in their administration were to repeal or revoke those policies. I don't necessarily buy that, but I'm not the target audience for that either.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:26 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:52 pm

Andy McCabe? The same FBI Andy McCabe that was caught lying three times under oath? Great source you got there. Yes, he a really pillar of the community. Situational ethics at its finest.
You mean the one who was vindicated and who the DOJ had to settle with and was rewarded his withheld compensation? Was he prosecuted for lying under oath by the Trump DOJ? That would have seemed easy to do.

Like I said…even when I telegraph it to you you take the bait. Back to the batting cage with you! :lol:
Your version of vindicated is rather disturbing. He lied four times with three being under oath. Biden simply wiped his slate and he got the usual Dem parting gift of a GoFundMe and a book deal.

He should be in jail like everyone else that lies under oath to the FBI. The fact you try to twist this into some sort of moral relativistic justification speaks to how little truth matters to you.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:38 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
:sleep:

JFC. This is what I keep talking about in regards to your dipshittery. What the hell does Vance have to do with a couch and how does it apply to our election?

This sounds like the straight from Maddow's left ass cheek right to your lips level of pertinence.
:dunce:

vance & couches = harris & Willie Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's stupid. Was that supposed to be some witty comparison? This is what I keep pointing out to you. You latch onto some stupid quip that shows just how absolutely unhinged you are with TDS. You're now "shopping" for MSM slogans to peddle.

Go get your head checked.

We know what happens now. You invoke the great MAGA Boogeyman on "they did it first", just like a child would do.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:21 am jd repeatedly said last night that harris has had 3 1/2 years (as VP) to implement her policies. Shouldn't the same standard be applied to doneOLD? He had 4 years to implement any policies that he's now discussing.
I think the GOP's argument would be that Trump's policies were working, with the economy and with immigration, and that many of the Biden maneuvers early in their administration were to repeal or revoke those policies. I don't necessarily buy that, but I'm not the target audience for that either.
it's really not an argument on immigration aka Border policy, vindictive Joey wanted to get rid of everything Trump on border policy and he did it. The question is did he really want to create the national disaster it turned out to be by letting in so many criminals and potential terrorist, not to mention putting NYC in crisis mode

what kind of moron would intentionally do that...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Yes, the economy was great for trump's first 3 years (until he shit himself on COVID). His plans for immigration are reinstituting what he had in place and more (mass deportations). His economic plans are significantly different with the mass tariffs and threats against companies like John Deere. If it's fair for he and jd to ask why harris didn't implement her platform as VP, then it's also fair to ask why didn't trump implement the "great" ideas from his current platform during his first term?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:38 pm
:dunce:

vance & couches = harris & Willie Brown.
That's stupid. Was that supposed to be some witty comparison? This is what I keep pointing out to you. You latch onto some stupid quip that shows just how absolutely unhinged you are with TDS. You're now "shopping" for MSM slogans to peddle.

We know what happens now. You invoke the great MAGA Boogeyman on "they did it first", just like a child would do.
Tell me your sense of humor is defective or nonexistent without telling me your sense of humor is defective or nonexistent.

JD Vance couch memes sweep internet over lurid claim GOP VP pick had sex with sofa

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:12 am

it's really not an argument on immigration aka Border policy, vindictive Joey wanted to get rid of everything Trump on border policy and he did it. The question is did he really want to create the national disaster it turned out to be by letting in so many criminals and potential terrorist, not to mention putting NYC in crisis mode

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 10:37 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:12 am

:clap:
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Even the vile hogs on The View are saying Walz was embarrassing and dropped the ball last night. Thats how bad it was. Those cows cant even spin what happened in the debate.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:18 am
Mixed…

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

body language on those 5 of 6 is weak, like they felt like vomiting for accepting money to weakly raise those hands.....
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hold on there a minute. Now Tampon Tim is saying Kamala is a Hunter. :suspicious: :lol:

Someone needs to ask her “What exactly do you hunt?”
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) haven’t endorsed a conk POTUS candidate in the last 40 years. Only 2 donk POTUS candidates in 40 years they haven’t endorsed: Hillary Clinton and Harris.

IAFF is doing the same as they did in 2016, and doing the same as the Teamsters now- endorsing no one.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

So they are NOT with her?

Sexist, racists
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:07 pm
he slipped the truth in on the 4th Estate, guy is a hero but probably on a hit list now
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:55 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:55 am

Tell me your sense of humor is defective or nonexistent without telling me your sense of humor is defective or nonexistent.

JD Vance couch memes sweep internet over lurid claim GOP VP pick had sex with sofa

Swept the internet? Uh huh. No wonder I hadn't heard about it before someone with TDS brings it up. It was stupid and a perfect example of how the Left can't meme for shit.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Just a bludgeoning.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:31 am Just a bludgeoning.

I’m sure this is true! :lol:

(The end stage of cult membership is a train wreck. Receipts? We don’t need no stinking receipts! Anything the leader says is true!)