kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Culture Wars

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:13 am
maybe lying Chris should ask himself why people are questioning elections..... now go ahead and say it..... but Trump
You do realize Trump knew he lost the last election early on?

He admitted it on the Lex Friedman podcast, there’s testimony from his closest aides supporting this in the indictment, and he lost 60 court cases over it. He then attempted to stay in power amyway.

So you tell us. Why are people still questioning the elections?
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:25 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:13 am

maybe lying Chris should ask himself why people are questioning elections..... now go ahead and say it..... but Trump

He admitted it on the Lex Friedman podcast, there’s testimony from his closest aides supporting this in the indictment, and he lost 60 court cases over it. He then attempted to stay in power amyway.

because people have doubts that 81 million people could really be that stupid

nobody alive supports Biden, it's all about Trump is mean :D
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:30 am

Right. So you DO know the election wasn’t stolen. You just don’t care that Trump tried to illegally overturn it.

As for popularity, welcome to a binary system. It’s far less based in support of an office holder or candidate than it is tribalism.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:10 am

Right. So you DO know the election wasn’t stolen. You just don’t care that Trump tried to illegally overturn it.

As for popularity, welcome to a binary system. It’s far less based in support of an office holder or candidate than it is tribalism.
I don't necessarily agree with the last statement. Maybe tribalism was more of a thing in the 1800's, when you never really got to see the actual candidates for office, but in the modern era, and certainly the TV era, I do think who the candidates are matters a lot more than the tribalism. The MAGA folks voting for Trump actually like Trump the candidate. Heck, in this election I'd argue that the left is far more tribalistic than the MAGA's are, in that they're voting for the tribe rather than the candidates. Granted, that's more of an outcome of having to switch candidates late in the game. But for much of the modern era, the candidate has mattered a great deal.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Here you go again with the innuendo about stolen elections - there is no way biden got 81 million votes so it had to be illegal immigrants, ballot harvesting, or something else nefarious. Where's the proof? There is rock solid proof that doneOLD did more to try to steal the 2020 election.

Why are people questioning elections? Because a charlatan has convinced approximately 74 million suckers that he couldn't have lost, can't lose and the only way it could happen is if the elections is rigged all while trying to rig the electoral process in his favor. So yeah, but doneOLD, tDS or whatever lame excuse you want to call it when you can't refute it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:11 am

Here you go again with the innuendo about stolen elections - there is no way biden got 81 million votes so it had to be illegal immigrants, ballot harvesting, or something else nefarious. Where's the proof? There is rock solid proof that doneOLD did more to try to steal the 2020 election.

Why are people questioning elections? Because a charlatan has convinced approximately 74 million suckers that he couldn't have lost, can't lose and the only way it could happen is if the elections is rigged all while trying to rig the electoral process in his favor. So yeah, but doneOLD, tDS or whatever lame excuse you want to call it when you can't refute it.
I actually don’t think true MAGA is anywhere close to 74 million. Maybe 20 million in the cult. A smaller amount who are single issue tax cut voters, a few more who don’t care for Trump but love owning the libs and a significant number of apolitical/low information/undecided types.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:44 pm Chris Wallace on Fox News departure: ‘The truth is nonnegotiable’
“I had no problem with conservative opinion any more than I do with liberal opinion,” Wallace said during a podcast appearance with Mediaite Editor-in-Chief Aidan McLaughlin. “But what I do have a problem with is conspiracy and lies. The truth is nonnegotiable.”
“When people start to question the truth — Who won the 2020 election? Was Jan. 6 an insurrection? — I found that unsustainable.”
“To the degree that Fox was scared by the cost of calling Arizona correctly and people going to other more conservative outlets, there’s also a cost to lying and misrepresenting,” he said. “And I was happy to see that cost was being exacted.”
Yeah they got it right, but a state that ends up being won by only 0.3% should never be called when on 73% of the vote has been counted when BidenFox called it 1120 PM Eastern. AP about 3 AM. The other networks didn’t call AZ till NINE days later, on 11/12. There were states that didn’t end up being as close as AZ that the networks, including FNC, took way longer to call. Even found a lefty source that explains why it it shouldn’t have been called when it was:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/13/upsh ... -call.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:23 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:11 am

I actually don’t think true MAGA is anywhere close to 74 million. Maybe 20 million in the cult. A smaller amount who are single issue tax cut voters, a few more who don’t care for Trump but love owning the libs and a significant number of apolitical/low information/undecided types.
Good grief

MAGA is 1,000 people and half of em are in jail
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:41 am
Yeah they got it right, but a state that ends up being won by only 0.3% should never be called when on 73% of the vote has been counted when BidenFox called it 1120 PM Eastern. AP about 3 AM. The other networks didn’t call AZ till NINE days later, on 11/12. There were states that didn’t end up being as close as AZ that the networks, including FNC, took way longer to call. Even found a lefty source that explains why it it shouldn’t have been called when it was:
The NYT is hardly “lefty”. Moderate-liberal at best.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:30 am
Recently hard left but after being completely wrong on Joey Rotten, unlike myself, a slight tick towards center but still firmly left
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

What do you mean "moderate liberal at best"? Does that mean you think they're really centrist? Come on, that's silly, of course the NYT leans left, just like the WSJ leans right. Why would you even argue otherwise? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:41 am
Recently hard left but after being completely wrong on Joey Rotten, unlike myself, a slight tick towards center but still firmly left
To paraphrase Ganny ...
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:45 am What do you mean "hard left"? Does that mean you think they're really Marxists? Come on, that's silly, of course the NYT leans left, just like the WSJ leans right. Why would you even argue otherwise? :coffee:
;)

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:45 am

What do you mean "moderate liberal at best"? Does that mean you think they're really centrist? Come on, that's silly, of course the NYT leans left, just like the WSJ leans right. Why would you even argue otherwise? :coffee:
Correct. Kalm calling them ‘moderate liberal’ refers to a NYT that no longer exists. The WaPo and NYT (the 2 most prominent examples) prior to a decade or so ago leaned left. But they weren’t way left, and still had plenty of conk readers along with indie. But when they went from an advertising based model to a subscription based model they had to cater to their subscribers, who are now overwhelming liberal. They have to give them the red meat (or blue meat that they want). Trump on the scene 8-9 years ago drove this further. This has been posted on here before (think I might have)
https://www.economist.com/1843/2023/12/ ... st-its-way
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

There are countless examples of their centrism going back to selling the War in Iraq.

WaPo is similar.

The establishment Dems might not have a problem with their journalism but the left doesn’t care for either.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:12 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:41 am

To paraphrase Ganny ...
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:45 am What do you mean "hard left"? Does that mean you think they're really Marxists? Come on, that's silly, of course the NYT leans left, just like the WSJ leans right. Why would you even argue otherwise? :coffee:
;)
Pretty close

Pretty funny I post something and you foam at the mouth with TDS and GF posts pretty much the same thing polished up a bit and you shine his shoes
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:12 am To paraphrase Ganny ...

;)
Pretty close

Pretty funny I post something and you foam at the mouth with TDS and GF posts pretty much the same thing polished up a bit and you shine his shoes
Are you stoned? What Ganny posted is not "pretty much the same thing polished up a bit". Leans left ≠ hard left
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:30 am The NYT is hardly “lefty”. Moderate-liberal at best.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:21 pm
Pretty close

Are you stoned? What Ganny posted is not "pretty much the same thing polished up a bit". Leans left ≠ hard left
I said firmly left. Wow you have CHDS a side effect of TDS :D
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Desperately clinging to an America and world that’s evolving culturally, technologically, demographically, and economically and they can’t accept that change is universal.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... on/680221/
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:50 am Desperately clinging to an America and world that’s evolving culturally, technologically, demographically, and economically and they can’t accept that change is universal.

Like CBS news?

Doctoring interviews with the Cackling K puppet ? Why?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:58 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:50 am Desperately clinging to an America and world that’s evolving culturally, technologically, demographically, and economically and they can’t accept that change is universal.

Like CBS news?

They’re talking about you as the audience here.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:07 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:58 am

Like CBS news?

you're really confused

go for a walk outside of your bubble
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:09 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:07 am

you're really confused

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:11 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:09 am

you're really confused

no

I'm not on twitter and have never said anything about weather engineering

you want it to be me so bad .... total mis-information from you again... in fact, I think the author is talking about you :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:25 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:11 am

no

I'm not on twitter and have never said anything about weather engineering

you want it to be me so bad .... total mis-information from you again... in fact, I think the author is talking about you :nod:
I believe you. I wasn’t referring exclusively to Twitter users as propaganda infiltrates multiple information sources and platforms.

EG:

Despite not using Twitter you unwittingly espouse Twitter talking points often. You also defend Musk whose predominance in politics is Twitter driven.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:21 pm
Pretty close

A few examples in this thread of why the NYT is center left at best.