Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:03 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:42 am

Sure, Trump is a crybaby, but once again this is another thing that pushes people into voting for Trump. The story should be about how Trump was too scared to sit down with 60 minutes and do a serious interview - that was clearly cowardly on his part. Instead, though, 60 Minutes for some reason decided to do editing on Harris's response to a question, or at least let her try out two different answers to it, and somehow made the flub of letting both responses get out there without any context or explanation. So unshockingly, and not without merit though, MAGA is running with this now as just more proof that mainstream media is not being truthful and is supporting Harris and trying to defeat Trump. I know the Harris campaign, realizing the own-goal aspect of this, has tried to distance themselves from CBS by saying they don't control production decisions by television networks, but clearly they knew they had two takes at this question and that two versions were out there.

One of the biggest reasons for the rise of the MAGA's, coming out of the Tea Party whackos before it, was that folks started to not trust the elites and institutions in this country because they felt those groups didn't care about the common folk, other than at election time and when votes were necessary. That's classic populism. Giving them an example of one of those institutions seemingly stacking the deck for the preferred candidate, less than 4 weeks before the election, is not a good look and now does nothing to improve Harris's chances of stopping a second Trump Presidency. If Dems and mainstream media are cringing during a second inaugural address by Trump in January, they can look back on this 60 Minutes flub as just one more reason why that happened. :coffee:

So we’re now blaming the Dems for Trump chickening out of an CBS interview and his reaction to unfair treatment?

How many people are actually pushed toward voting Trump from this display of victimhood?
:lol: Bitch please.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:42 am
Sure, Trump is a crybaby, but once again this is another thing that pushes people into voting for Trump. The story should be about how Trump was too scared to sit down with 60 minutes and do a serious interview - that was clearly cowardly on his part. Instead, though, 60 Minutes for some reason decided to do editing on Harris's response to a question, or at least let her try out two different answers to it, and somehow made the flub of letting both responses get out there without any context or explanation. So unshockingly, and not without merit though, MAGA is running with this now as just more proof that mainstream media is not being truthful and is supporting Harris and trying to defeat Trump. I know the Harris campaign, realizing the own-goal aspect of this, has tried to distance themselves from CBS by saying they don't control production decisions by television networks, but clearly they knew they had two takes at this question and that two versions were out there.

One of the biggest reasons for the rise of the MAGA's, coming out of the Tea Party whackos before it, was that folks started to not trust the elites and institutions in this country because they felt those groups didn't care about the common folk, other than at election time and when votes were necessary. That's classic populism. Giving them an example of one of those institutions seemingly stacking the deck for the preferred candidate, less than 4 weeks before the election, is not a good look and now does nothing to improve Harris's chances of stopping a second Trump Presidency. If Dems and mainstream media are cringing during a second inaugural address by Trump in January, they can look back on this 60 Minutes flub as just one more reason why that happened. :coffee:
So we’re now blaming the Dems for Trump chickening out of an CBS interview and his reaction to unfair treatment?

How many people are actually pushed toward voting Trump from this display of victimhood?
I don't think that's what Ganny said.

trump chickened out all on his own. harris and the Democrats could have owned him on it but instead they self-owned by getting caught using a supposed 60 Minutes interview as filming a campaign ad with multiple takes. It's a bad look, contributes to the mistrust and distracts attention away from trump's fvck-ups. As I've posted before, the Democrats are their own worst enemy.

trump's threats against the media should be taken seriously and are especially ironic with all the MAQA yahoos complaining about attacks on free speech and censorship but willing to defend anything that trump proposes regardless of the hypocrisy.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:17 pm

trump chickened out all on his own. harris and the Democrats could have owned him on it but instead they self-owned by getting caught using a supposed 60 Minutes interview as filming a campaign ad with multiple takes. It's a bad look, contributes to the mistrust and distracts attention away from trump's fvck-ups. As I've posted before, the Democrats are their own worst enemy.

trump's threats against the media should be taken seriously and are especially ironic with all the MAQA yahoos complaining about attacks on free speech and censorship but willing to defend anything that trump proposes regardless of the hypocrisy.
:rofl: :dunce:

Bust out that industrial fainting couch bitches!

Pearl clutching twat. You don't even know your ass from a hole in the ground. Shut up
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:17 pm

Gotcha. And I agree on Dems. Harris is shaky as a candidate and establishment Dems are certainly hypocritical.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

K Puppet is screwed now because Joey is secretly for Trump as he should be after what the Dems did to him

Put a gun to my head I’d vote for Jojo over the K puppet, that’s how bad she is
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:38 pm K Puppet is screwed now because Joey is secretly for Trump as he should be after what the Dems did to him

Yeah, did do catch how Biden undercut her whining that DeSantis wouldn’t take her call? Biden was asked about Desantis not taking her call, and Biden said he talked to Desantis, who was doing a good job, and idea said he gave Desantis his private #. Her previous 3.75 years as VP with a number of hurricanes to hit Florida she never called Desantis, which of course is the correct thing, because it’s not the VP’s role to talk to the gov. The only Fed people the gov of a state facing a hurricane needs to be talking to are the head of FEMA, DHS, and POTUS. So why in the hell was she even calling Desantis for unless she was trying to score some cheap political point?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:55 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:38 pm K Puppet is screwed now because Joey is secretly for Trump as he should be after what the Dems did to him

Yeah, did do catch how Biden undercut her whining that DeSantis wouldn’t take her call? Biden was asked about Desantis not taking her call, and Biden said he talked to Desantis, who was doing a good job, and idea said he gave Desantis his private #. Her previous 3.75 years as VP with a number of hurricanes to hit Florida she never called Desantis, which of course is the correct thing, because it’s not the VP’s role to talk to the gov. The only Fed people the gov of a state facing a hurricane needs to be talking to are the head of FEMA, DHS, and POTUS. So why in the hell was she even calling Desantis for unless she was trying to score some cheap political point?
BDK

They should just call you Mr. Right! For more reasons than one, if you know what I mean. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Thread on early voting trends in PA:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

And don’t forget the circles!

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

LOL they made her look like Obama to appeal to men because shes so weak. At least they got rid of that wrinkled ballsack thingy she has on her neck. Yuck
Thank god for photoshop

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:39 am Thread on early voting trends in PA:

10/11/16 Clinton +9.2. Final result Trump +.3.
10/11/20 Biden +7.1. Final result Biden + 1.2
10/11/24 Trump +.4.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/ ... -vs-harris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:35 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:39 am Thread on early voting trends in PA:

10/11/24 Trump +.4.
He’s looking a little deeper beyond the basic numbers.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:17 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:35 pm
10/11/24 Trump +.4.
And the donks are way lower in their absentee ballot requests at this point compared to 2020, and the conks are ahead of their 2020 at this point.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:20 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:17 pm

And the donks are way lower in their absentee ballot requests at this point compared to 2020, and the conks are ahead of their 2020 at this point.
But what will be the Hail Mary the Dems pull out of the old
Playbook …… they’ve tried everything to sink Trump and he still right in the race…. No doubt they have some sinister evil plan.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:20 pm
Playbook …… they’ve tried everything to sink Trump and he still right in the race…. No doubt they have some sinister evil plan.
I’m sure they’ll steal it like last time.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Insurrection lover.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:42 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:59 am

Does the unexplainable and overwhelming media bias against Trump count?

CBS doctoring K Puppet interviews?

who is the media working for anyway? who is paying them to be so dumb?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:48 am
kalm wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:42 am

Does the unexplainable and overwhelming media bias against Trump count?

CBS doctoring K Puppet interviews?

who is the media working for anyway? who is paying them to be so dumb?
Who or what pays the bills.

Media bias and manipulation is old hat. It’s represented by both sides of the political spectrum.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

phpBB [video]
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:49 am
phpBB [video]
That would have a been an easy question to answer. Fail on her part.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

PA: Week ago, so probably well over 1 billion now.
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/elect ... 2410060108

From earlier this week:
Trump, Harris campaigns make Pennsylvania most expensive battleground, spending $538M combined

More than $538 million in advertising dollars spent by former President Trump and Vice President Harris’ presidential campaigns and their allies have been poured into the critical battleground state of Pennsylvania ahead of Election Day, according to a new report.

The figure comes from an analysis published by the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday.

That makes Pennsylvania, which has 19 electoral votes considered critical to securing the presidency, the most expensive battleground state. According to the analysis, Democrats spent more than $294.7 million in Pennsylvania, and Republicans spent $243.6 million.

Both campaigns and their respective allies spent about $185 million – or 52% – more collectively in Pennsylvania than the second most expensive swing state of Michigan, according to AdImpact.

The top presidential candidates and their running mates have visited Pennsylvania 76 times since January, the Inquirer reported, though that jumps to 90 when including the stops President Biden made before he discontinued his re-election bid and endorsed Harris in July.

Most of those visits to Pennsylvania have happened since the beginning of August.

Of Trump’s 25 campaign visits, 18 have been outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, as the Republican nominee has focused on Rust Belt towns like Wilkes-Barre and Johnstown.

In recent weeks, his strategy has shifted to the suburbs of Philadelphia in Montgomery County, as he and his running mate, Sen. JD Vance, R-Ohio, court more undecided voters in areas that can lean blue….

….Harris has prioritized population hubs, making three-quarters of her visits to the state in Philadelphia and its suburbs and Allegheny County, which combined account for 44% of registered Pennsylvania voters. She and her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, have also paid visits to smaller towns.….
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ned-report
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

The “free speech absolutist” and the Hillary Files guys in action.
Donald Trump’s presidential campaign worked with X to prevent information about JD Vance from being posted on the social media platform, a move that resulted in the journalist who revealed the information being kicked off the site, according to reports.

The former president’s team contacted X, owned by the billionaire Trump backer Elon Musk, about a 271-page document compiled by his campaign to vet his running mate that was linked to by Ken Klippenstein, an independent journalist, the New York Times has reported.

X responded by blocking links to the material, claiming that it contained sensitive personal information such as the Ohio US senator’s social security number, and banned Klippenstein from the platform.

The materials published by Klippenstein on his Substack in September appear to be related to a hack of the Trump campaign earlier this year, which the FBI has linked to Iran. Documents from the hack have been shared with several media outlets, which have chosen to not publish them.

Media outlets did not reach the same decision when they gave significant attention to files from Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign that had been hacked and leaked by Russian intelligence before she ultimately lost that election to Trump. At one point, Trump had said he hoped Russia would be “able to find” some of Clinton’s files.

The removal of the material from X has highlighted the increasingly strident support of Musk, the world’s richest person, for Trump’s attempt to return to the White House after losing the 2020 election to Joe Biden. After buying Twitter in 2022, Musk said that he was an advocate of free speech and the open sharing of information, even if it offended either political party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... VaWUZguydw
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:55 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:21 pm

The Fed is definitely worried about the employment data, hence the larger rate cut. I don't think it's election related at all, they'd do the same thing, probably at the same time, regardless if there was an election or not. There's real concern out there that we don't have all of this licked yet, hence the need to go big on the cut.
There's real concern out there that we don't have all of this licked yet (inflation), hence the need to not go big on the cut, which puts upward pressure on inflation. The other tool would be for govt to restrict spending, and that sure as heck ain’t happening.
Like I was saying.
CPI Report: Inflation Rose More Than Expected in September
The September figures, at a glance:

YoY: 2.4% increase in September from a year ago vs. 2.3% expected
MoM: 0.2% increase in September from August vs. 0.1% expected
Core YoY: 3.3% increase in September from a year ago vs. 3.2% expected
Core MoM: 0.3% increase in September from August vs. 0.2% increase expected.
https://www.barrons.com/livecoverage/cp ... data-today