kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:44 am
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:18 am This is unequivocally true. Not to mention he’s the kind of businessman” you’d never want to partner with on anything.

:nod:

BS. Show me a business leader who wants what Harris has advocated for in the past:
-Expiration of the Trump tax cuts.
-70%+ top marginal rate.
-More than doubling the cap gains from 20 to 45%
-Tax on unrealized gains (which would cripple the market).
-Price controls
-Ban on fracking (which would send energy costs, and inflation soaring)
Show me a business leader or market who doesn’t want stability. Was the billion raised by Harris from $26 donations?

But I get it…Trump is now the man of the people once again. Trump…a man for the little guy…. :lol:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:48 pm BDKJMU is committing a hate crime in here
he sure is

Dems are the lying boy who cried wolf .... looks like the American people have finally caught up with these lying demons
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:44 am
BS. Show me a business leader who wants what Harris has advocated for in the past:
-Expiration of the Trump tax cuts.
-70%+ top marginal rate.
-More than doubling the cap gains from 20 to 45%
-Price controls
Goes to show just how bad the doneOLD's proposed tariffs and the uncertainty/instability that will come with his presidency worry business leaders.
Question though, why would Harris be considered a champion of stability? One of her weaknesses in this campaign is having to defend Bidenomics and her central role (as the Senate tiebreaker) in being able to make that happen. Rampant inflation for the first 2-3 years in office and the knock-down effect of crippling real wages is not a marker of economic stability. Granted, as long as they don't repeat the mistakes from 2021 all over again maybe inflation will continue to be restrained and we'll keep clawing back more of those lost real wages, but I'm not sure you can base that on the history of the past administration.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:55 am Goes to show just how bad the doneOLD's proposed tariffs and the uncertainty/instability that will come with his presidency worry business leaders.
Question though, why would Harris be considered a champion of stability? One of her weaknesses in this campaign is having to defend Bidenomics and her central role (as the Senate tiebreaker) in being able to make that happen. Rampant inflation for the first 2-3 years in office and the knock-down effect of crippling real wages is not a marker of economic stability. Granted, as long as they don't repeat the mistakes from 2021 all over again maybe inflation will continue to be restrained and we'll keep clawing back more of those lost real wages, but I'm not sure you can base that on the history of the past administration.
Against a good Republican candidate she wouldn't be. After the last 3 1/2 years of biden/harris, the Republican candidate should be walking away with this election. The fact that it looks close and that a reasonable argument could be made that harris is a better candidate for business and stability tells us a lot about how bad of a candidate trump is.

The reality is that both candidates are shitty candidates.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:17 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:08 pm

Against a good Republican candidate she wouldn't be. After the last 3 1/2 years of biden/harris, the Republican candidate should be walking away with this election. The fact that it looks close and that a reasonable argument could be made that harris is a better candidate for business and stability tells us a lot about how bad of a candidate trump is.

No argument there, just an argument with calling any of the candidates the candidate of "economic stability".
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:45 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:58 am
Trump rarely mentions tariffs without mentioning China in an adjoining sentence. Newsflash: Biden/Harris continued the Trump China tariffs.
A blanket tariff of 20% isn't just about China.

Trump’s Tariff Proposals Would Raise Tariff Rates to Great Depression-Era Levels
Former President Donald Trump’s proposals to impose a universal tariff of 20 percent and an additional tariff on Chinese imports of at least 60 percent would spike the average tariff rate on all imports to highs not seen since the Great Depression.
The Fiscal Impact of the Harris and Trump Campaign Plans

The CRFB is made up of a bunch of former govt pols & bureaucrats. You know the types who claimed inflation was going to be transitory and didn’t raise the alarm bells over 8+ trillion of extra govt spending 2020-2023, 1 1/2 years of paying people enhanced unemployment while doling out 3 rounds of 5 figures in stimulus to families.

They are basing their #s off of the ‘Plan’ proposed by the Harris campaign, which is WAY toned down from what she has proposed in the past:
-70%-80% top marginal rate.
-More than doubling the cap gains from 20% to 45%
-Price controls

Now let’s see a comparison done with what Harris has proposed in the past, not the campaign plan.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:30 pm
The CRFB is made up of a bunch of former govt pols & bureaucrats. You know the types who claimed inflation was going to be transitory and didn’t raise the alarm bells over 8+ trillion of extra govt spending 2020-2023, 1 1/2 years of paying people enhanced unemployment while doling out 3 rounds of 5 figures in stimulus to families.

They are basing their #s off of the ‘Plan’ proposed by the Harris campaign, which is WAY toned down from what she has proposed in the past:
-Price controls

Now let’s see a comparison done with what Harris has proposed in the past, not the campaign plan.
Do you see the conflict between attempting to tie harris to her past statements while disavowing any connection between trump on the Project 2025 or the heritage foundation? If her past statement should be included then so should Project 2025 in its entirety plus 200% tariffs on John Deere and any company that moves production out of the country.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:29 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:17 pm

No argument there, just an argument with calling any of the candidates the candidate of "economic stability".
It's a tenuous claim but people are able to make it because trump's claim is just as bad if not worse.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:39 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:30 pm

-Price controls

Do you see the conflict between attempting to tie harris to her past statements while disavowing any connection between trump on the Project 2025 or the heritage foundation? If her past statement should be included then so should Project 2025 in its entirety plus 200% tariffs on John Deere and any company that moves production out of the country.
No because Trump never claimed to be involved with Project 2025.

So an American company that moves production out of the to turn around and sell products in the US shouldn’t face the threat of any tariffs? He also favors significant tax reduction (max 15%) to any company that keeps/moves production to the US (along with a lower cost regulatory climate), and the use of the threat of tariffs as a negotiating tool to keep production in US. Lots of union and blue collar support over this.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:21 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:39 pm

So an American company that moves production out of the to turn around and sell products in the US shouldn’t face the threat of any tariffs? He also favors significant tax reduction (max 15%) to any company that keeps/moves production to the US (along with a lower cost regulatory climate), and the use of the threat of tariffs as a negotiating tool to keep production in US. Lots of union and blue collar support over this.
FAKE NEWS ...

200% is beyond excessive.

Tariffs are for RINOs.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:21 pm

FAKE NEWS ...

WRONG.
That you for confirming with the above clip that Trump wasn’t involved with the creation of Project 2025. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 2:32 pm
FAKE NEWS ...

WRONG.
That you for confirming with the above clip that Trump wasn’t involved with the creation of Project 2025. :nod:
Whether or not trump was involved in the creation of Project 2025 is irrelevant. You posted that "Trump never claimed to be involved with Project 2025" The heritage foundation created Project 2025 and the clip shows him stating that the heritage foundation is "going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do." A reasonable person would be justified in believing that Project 2025 is "the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do." :coffee:

You and millions of MAQA yahoos deluding themselves into believing that trump has no solid connections to Project 2025 doesn't make it true.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Somebody eats, sleeps and drinks hate in here.

Its sad
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 8:25 pm Commiela Harris trying to bribe black men. She’s also a racist. No different than if Trump came out with 20k loans for white men:
More bribery attempts of blacks from Commiela:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The last image we’ll have of Jimmy Carter: a near corpse been dragged around by his family to vote for a lying, dumb, racist, marxist.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Jesus. Talk about pandering after the Obama scolding. Klan! Where are to whip this demographic into shape?

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:33 am
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:57 am Oops. Someone could use a vacation.

What a bunch of BS. Trump didn’t appear lost or confused, and I was literally 20-30 feet from him. I don’t know how many thousands were packed in (local media says 5k attended) but the my guesstimate 200+ x 200+ 50k sq foot portioned off area had close to that. Maybe 1k folding chairs, 1k bleachers, and a couple k SRO for the town hall style format/rally moderated by Gov Kirsti Noem

Many people were in line AM hours through mid afternoon before going inside evening event (Didn’t open up security till about 2:30 PM). Outside concessions were sparse, inside was overwhelmed. Plus you didn’t want to drink too much because once you got post security inside there was long bathroom lines (was several dozens port o potties outside). That main area men’s bathroom only had 2 stalls and 2 urinals. Was another post security but was outside the main area. If you were in the folding chairs (maybe 1k) the rows were very close and was hard to get out). By 5 PMish it was jammed packed and started to ge a warm inside (was in the 60s outside, AC couldn’t keep up) Event was scheduled to start 6 PM but didn’t start till close to 7. Bottom line is people got dehydrated (I didn’t see anyone drinking alcohol). Heck I had 1 bottle of water in 7 1/2 hrs. About 30-40 min of Q&A before the 1st medical- fat guy on bleachers opposite of me (I was folding chairs 7 rows back, left of stage). Trump stopped talking while that guy was taken out on stretcher. Then he resumed with another question then the next medical happened- fat lady in the bleachers behind me. Watched Trump conferring with the head of the SS detail. Trump announced the SS didn’t want the giant bay doors (behind the bleachers) opened up for security reasons, but I think they would have had more medical issues if they continued the event and didn’t cool that place off. Shortly thereafter they opened 2 bay doors up, outdoors had dropped into the 50s, and place began to cool noticeably. By then was pushing 8 PM, and I guess Trump was fuck it, let’s listen to music (they had a kick ass sound system). I didn’t hear a single person complain about it going from a Q&A to a mini concert.While many people left during the 40 min little concert, a plurality stayed till the end. 8-10 songs ran the gauntlet from Ave Maria to G&R November Rain.
Sweet Jesus! It was like the sad drunken end of the evening at karaoke where everyone knows the singer has tipped too many and everyone is just nicely nodding their heads to the songs in embarrassment hoping someone will get him off the stage soon.

It must have been thrilling to see this in person. :rofl:

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

they have relentlessly tried to convict him and then tried to kill him

you liars can trash Trump all you want but nobody sane cane deny the stamina this 78 year old man is displaying to all Americans... a leader

His schedule would be demanding for anyone of any age, yet he seems to breeze right through it.

impressive
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote:they have relentlessly tried to convict him and then tried to kill him

you liars can trash Trump all you want but nobody sane cane deny the stamina this 78 year old man is displaying to all Americans... a leader

His schedule would be demanding for anyone of any age, yet he seems to breeze right through it.

impressive
Eric Clapton wrote a song about Dr. ronny’s likely prescription for doneOLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:57 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:they have relentlessly tried to convict him and then tried to kill him

impressive

:lol:

And it catches up in the end often resulting in some sort of psychosis.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:46 pm The last image we’ll have of Jimmy Carter: a near corpse been dragged around by his family to vote for a lying, dumb, racist, marxist.
I thought that was Biden! Thanks!!!
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:57 am

impressive

Who is Eric Clapton? Is he that guy that is a good guitar player but a horrible baby sitter? Yeah, lets trust him on life subjects
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:45 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:46 pm The last image we’ll have of Jimmy Carter: a near corpse been dragged around by his family to vote for a lying, dumb, racist, marxist.
I thought that was Biden! Thanks!!!
Wait, if Jimmy dies before Election Day does his vote count? :?

What about for anyone voting early that dies before Election Day? About 0.1% of the population dies every month, maybe around 0.15% of the electorate considering the median age of voters is probably over 50..
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

If hes dead they will vote for him, again