Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Presidential Front-Runners

Post by Col Hogan »

Couple of months ago, if you believed the news:

Clinton had the Democratic nomination sewed up
Rudy had the Republican nomination sewed up, as long as Thompson didn't enter the race

My, how a little time, and exposure has changed the landscape...

HRC is running for her life...and may be losing it...
Rudy....where art thou????
Thompson was the biggest bust of the political season...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Presidential Front-Runners

Post by dbackjon »

I figured Thompson would crash and burn.

Kinda suprised at HRC's meltdown, not so much at Rudy's.

Very entertaining primary season!
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I'm not surprised that Hilliary is going down. 4 years of a woman that can't control her emotions and considers her husbands success as her own, wouldn't be any better than the boob we have now.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

MarkCCU wrote:I'm not surprised that Hilliary is going down. 4 years of a woman that can't control her emotions and considers her husbands success as her own, wouldn't be any better than the boob we have now.
For all his faults, Bill Clinton had a way of connecting with people that Hillary lacks. I never considered Hillary to be electible. She has all the "Clinton baggage" but not the charisma.

I still want her to beat Obama because I think it makes it easier for McCain.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Give me a break. A guy can get pi$$ed off and start a war, and it's OK, but a woman gets pi$$ed and she "can't control her emotions." Get off the mysoginistic pedestal.

Hillary won't make a good president because she has bad views on various subjects, not because she's a woman. One could say that that there hasn't been a decent PM in England since Maggie. We WILL have a female president.

Don't blast Hillary's gender. Blast her politics.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

SuperHornet wrote:Give me a break. A guy can get pi$$ed off and start a war, and it's OK, but a woman gets pi$$ed and she "can't control her emotions." Get off the mysoginistic pedestal.

Hillary won't make a good president because she has bad views on various subjects, not because she's a woman. One could say that that there hasn't been a decent PM in England since Maggie. We WILL have a female president.

Don't blast Hillary's gender. Blast her politics.

Heh...heh...mysoginistic..heh..heh
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'm not blasting her gender, just her. I don't care if you're male or female, white or black. I have no time to be superficial and worry about that sort of shit. Hornet, you have a knack for taking what I say and twisting it. I called her a woman, b/c that's what she is.

She claims her 8 years inthe White House as experience?! Was she the one makig the decision? Was it her job to deal with the policy of the economy, transportation, war, etc...? Was she the decison maker? No she wasn't. If you fly in planes and have the experience of being in a plane, are you then qualified to fly a plan?She tried to pass a Healthcare bill that failed. Now, with a narrow majority in Congress, she thinks she can do it again?! She claims 35 years of non profit work when in fact, she only has 5 years to her record? When she was on the Board of Wal Mart she turned a blind eye to thier woman and union views. Those are the some of the reasons why I don't like her. Her vagina has nothing to do with it!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

As for her emotions, I wouldn't vote for Obama if he was crying on camera. I want a president that will be in that emotional situation and appear strong. I want them to appear to be a rock. It's like when I'm at a funeral, My dad is the rock of the family. He will not cry publically, but i've heard him in the bedroom, with the door closed, crying in my mom's arms. Cry in privacy, you're human, but when you are a leader, you should NEVER show anything that can be misconstrued as weakness.

Do you understand now that it isn't her gender?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

If Chelsea Clinton runs for office, can she claim 8 years of White House experience b/c she was there?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

For the most part, I agree with you guys about Hillary's so-called "experience." However, to some extent, she does have SOME from that era. The only problem is that that "experience" was a complete and utter FAILURE. Bill put her in charge of that health care cr@p, and she didn't get a thing worth a darn past the Congress. I believe that there was something similar going on while they were in the AR governor's house that also failed.

So Hillary has experience. So what? Grant her that. But it's on a par with hiring a retread coach who has a losing track record. Don't go there.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.