Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-7

Post by JALMOND »

We approach the home stretch as we move on in to November. Now is when the game really begin to count as all are important. Where we have one team on top, there are still a bunch jockeying behind them, trying to stay in line for an at large bid. Only four games on tap this weekend, involving seven Big Sky teams. Right now I am at 42-8 and hoping for a perfect week. All are my opinion only. Here are the predictions.

UM @ ISU---This game appears to be a big mismatch. Then, as one looks further, it becomes clear that the Bengals played the Grizzlies pretty tough last year in Missoula. Now with the game in their barn, can the Bengals get a win? It is possible, it would be shocking, it...won't happen...UM 45, ISU 12.

MSU @ PSU---Refreshing in that the Bobcats finally found an offense last week, to go with the potent defense that had carried them most of the year. But then again, anything looks good when your opponent is Idaho State. The Vikings looked terrible against Eastern Washington, not getting any offensive support, nor any defensive pressure. Will this weekend be different? Probably not...MSU 27, PSU 7.

NAU @ Mississippi---The Jacks were breezing along, confident that, even with the loss to Montana earlier, they would get a playoff bid and continue on. However, they ran into Sacramento State, and their promising season was pushed to the brink of disaster, very similar to their season last year. To say the Jacks need a win is an understatement. However, this weekend they venture in to SEC country with a trip to Mississippi. Can the right the ship, and what kind of moral victory would they need?...Mississippi 35, NAU 17.

Sac State @ UNC---The Hornets knew they had a big win in them, and that came into being as they took care of Northern Arizona last weekend. The Bears knew they had any type of win in them, and they got that against former DII nemesis South Dakota. Both teams feel good about themselves and both would really like the wins to continue. However, there is only one winner in each contest. This one...UNC 25, Sac State 24.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-7

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Spottin' me another game huh Jalmond? :mrgreen:

UM 42 @ 6 ISU

MSU 38 @ 17 PSU

NAU 14 @ 48 Miss

Sac 31 @ 24 UNC
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana St. 31-20 Portland St. — MSU's pass defense is vulnerable, but that won't matter unless Hubel plays well.

Montana 48-3 Idaho St. — If the Griz have a letdown, will anyone notice?

Sac State 24-28 Northern ColoradoThe Bears won't lose on a hail mary this time.

NAU 20-42 (FBS) Ole MissThe Rebels are disappointing, but not enough to lose to an FCS team.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:Spottin' me another game huh Jalmond? :mrgreen:

UM 42 @ 6 ISU

MSU 38 @ 17 PSU

NAU 14 @ 48 Miss

Sac 31 @ 24 UNC
We'll see. That is probably the game of the week in the conference. I'm confused so I took the home team. You can take the "Horneys".

As for PSU, 17 points is asking a lot against that Bobcat defense. Maybe we can shoot for 3 field goals and 4 safeties this game.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

JALMOND wrote:

UM 42 @ 6 ISU

MSU 38 @ 17 PSU

NAU 14 @ 48 Miss

Sac 31 @ 24 UNC
We'll see. That is probably the game of the week in the conference. I'm confused so I took the home team. You can take the "Horneys".

As for PSU, 17 points is asking a lot against that Bobcat defense. Maybe we can shoot for 3 field goals and 4 safeties this game.
Not with how injured they are. Hubel should be closer to 100% and playing the whole game this week right? If he is and does, 17 would be very likely.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UM 35 @ 10 ISU

MSU 25 @ 21 PSU

NAU 40 @ 38 Miss

Sac 23 @ 28 UNC
:thumb:
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Post by mcveyrl »

dbackjon wrote:UM 35 @ 10 ISU

MSU 25 @ 21 PSU

NAU 40 @ 38 Miss

Sac 23 @ 28 UNC

If NAU beats Mississippi (which is a possibility) I think that you can claim it as the biggest FCS win over an FBS team. Ole Miss was preseason No. 4 (higher than pre-season No. 5 Michigan in '07).
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

I can dream :)
:thumb:
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Post by mcveyrl »

dbackjon wrote:I can dream :)
I really don't think it's too far off. The only detriment is it's 3/4 of the way through the season so Ole Miss has worked out the kinks. But they are reeling right now. I hope it happens.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Montana St. 31-20 Portland St. — MSU's pass defense is vulnerable, but that won't matter unless Hubel plays well.

Montana 48-3 Idaho St. — If the Griz have a letdown, will anyone notice?

Sac State 24-28 Northern ColoradoThe Bears won't lose on a hail mary this time.

NAU 20-42 (FBS) Ole MissThe Rebels are disappointing, but not enough to lose to an FCS team.
48-3 would BE a letdown. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
jjj3rd
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: jjj3rd

Post by jjj3rd »

Montana 56 @ Idaho State 0

Montana State 24 @ Portland State 17

Sacramento State 26 @ Northern Colorado 20

Northern Arizona 13 @ Ole Miss 48
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Sacred City 56-0 @ UNC

PSU 45-42, 2OT vs. Kitties

Griz 63-0 @ Bungles

Mannings 49-10 vs. NAU*

Bonus Pick:

Liberty 35-24 vs. VMI

*BTW, that Appy win over Michigan was no upset. Appy was the #1 team in the country. Michigan was not. Appy SHOULD have won, and did.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GOKATS »

Montana 41 @ Idaho State 10

Montana State 37 @ Portland State 10

Sacramento State 21 @ Northern Colorado 24

Northern Arizona 14 @ Ole Miss 47
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

UM
MSU
UNC
Miss
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

I find these predictions of the UM/ISU game very interesting. Let me just throw this out. Last year, Idaho State and Weber State were the only conference opponents to hold the Griz under 30 points at Missoula (the Wildcats did it in the playoffs, the Bengals during the regular season). I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying...

:D :D
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

JALMOND wrote:

UM 42 @ 6 ISU

MSU 38 @ 17 PSU

NAU 14 @ 48 Miss

Sac 31 @ 24 UNC

If it wasn't for Sac's D playing prevent the whole 4th quarter this game would've been a blowout. The Bears rallied, but the hole was too deep. Hell of a game. 38-35 Sac
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I do appreciate everyone picking UNC this week and NAU last week. To keep the streak going, I'd appreciate it if everyone pick MSU next week. :nod: Also Jalmond, I haven't mentioned anything until now, but great week by week break down. For the most part I think you have been spot on. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

SDHornet wrote:I do appreciate everyone picking UNC this week and NAU last week. To keep the streak going, I'd appreciate it if everyone pick MSU next week. :nod: Also Jalmond, I haven't mentioned anything until now, but great week by week break down. For the most part I think you have been spot on. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
Almost everyone. :coffee:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SDHornet wrote:I do appreciate everyone picking UNC this week and NAU last week. To keep the streak going, I'd appreciate it if everyone pick MSU next week. :nod: Also Jalmond, I haven't mentioned anything until now, but great week by week break down. For the most part I think you have been spot on. Keep up the good work. :thumb:
Almost spot on. I think the Hornets have accounted for three of my misses. The UNC game and the NAU game. Also took PSU over the Hornets, too. I suspect sarcasm? :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JALMOND wrote:
Almost spot on. I think the Hornets have accounted for three of my misses. The UNC game and the NAU game. Also took PSU over the Hornets, too. I suspect sarcasm? :nod:
No sarcasm. I enjoy the weekly game breakdowns and pregame analysis. I tend to just focus on Sac State so it gives me an idea of what other teams in the BSC are up to. Plus it gives me a little insight as to how teams are playing with respect to the last few weeks so I can try to anticipate how each matchup will play out.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote:I find these predictions of the UM/ISU game very interesting. Let me just throw this out. Last year, Idaho State and Weber State were the only conference opponents to hold the Griz under 30 points at Missoula (the Wildcats did it in the playoffs, the Bengals during the regular season). I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying...

Well, well, well.....aren't you just mister know-it-all.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JALMOND wrote:I find these predictions of the UM/ISU game very interesting. Let me just throw this out. Last year, Idaho State and Weber State were the only conference opponents to hold the Griz under 30 points at Missoula (the Wildcats did it in the playoffs, the Bengals during the regular season). I'm not implying anything. I'm just saying...

Well, well, well.....aren't you just mister know-it-all.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
How did you know I needed more coffee, Az?

Griz game was a surprise to me, too. And now Portland State has to go there next week. Oh, the humanity!!!
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SDHornet wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
No sarcasm. I enjoy the weekly game breakdowns and pregame analysis. I tend to just focus on Sac State so it gives me an idea of what other teams in the BSC are up to. Plus it gives me a little insight as to how teams are playing with respect to the last few weeks so I can try to anticipate how each matchup will play out.
Well, thank you then. I try to be more serious with the power rankings every week, than I do with the predictions. I do them for people who may not know that much about the conference teams. Not that I have all the knowledge about everyone. I do know that when I make a major mistake (I have done in the past I will admit), people will correct me. For as well as the Hornets are playing right now, makes me wonder how they would be doing if Hilliard was playing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
Well, thank you then. I try to be more serious with the power rankings every week, than I do with the predictions. I do them for people who may not know that much about the conference teams. Not that I have all the knowledge about everyone. I do know that when I make a major mistake (I have done in the past I will admit), people will correct me. For as well as the Hornets are playing right now, makes me wonder how they would be doing if Hilliard was playing.
You do a great job with both Jalmond. What would be great is to expand to a FCS West format including the GWAC teams since the two conferences play each other so often.

Perhaps with some help from a GWAC fan.

CSN has their "West" reporting, but there seems to be not as much knowledge and or appreciation of our two conferences when combined with the MVFC and Southland.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

I was tempted to pick Sac when they played NAU last week. I knew it would be close, but I didn't think that NAU would let Sac pull it out. I'm glad they proved me wrong. Sac State is the official dark horse team of the sky this year. It was EWU last year.