...::::THE GREAT WEST SHOULD DISBAND: Heres The Plan::::...

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: ...::::THE GREAT WEST SHOULD DISBAND: Heres The Plan::::...

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote:I agree with AZGrizFan, make them join in all BSC sports or not at all. I don’t think it would be fair to the schools (Sac State, NAU and others on the geographical outer fringes of the conference) if they had to pony up the money to send all their athletes for BSC sports while some schools would only have to send their football team. Also I don’t see the cal poly and “the farm extension” administration EVER fronting the money to send all their athletes to participate in full bore BSC sports. They seem just happy in the bus league Big West for all their non-football sports as it’s the cheapest alternative.

And I do like the idea BF, but like someone mentioned, what’s the point of having them all in one big conference if not everyone plays each other? Either way, good topic.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don't go putting words in my mouth. I would take Cal Poly and UC Davis in a HEARTBEAT as football-only members of the Sky. It's the SKY that won't take football only members. I don't give a **** about "fair".
My mistake, I took it as you were implying no football only members. :oops:
I wouldn’t agree with any football only members. If they allow football only, then Sac State should be allowed to be a football only as well. We can save the money it costs to send all our BSC sports out of state and put it towards something useful like facilities or recruiting.
Green Laser
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Sacramento State
A.K.A.: Green Laser

Post by Green Laser »

That would be sweet deal, only having to travel outside California for football! Maybe Southern Utah could take our place as a full time member.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Oh no not this again! :thumbdown:

First of all UND and USD havent done a thing in the FCS yet. Let them relax, play a few seasons and get in the playoffs first.

Secondly what does attendance have to do with anything? Aligning a conference because of similar attendance is about as stupid an idea as I have seen.

Thirdly, a lot of the teams you are talking about arent winning games. How can anybody think a team that isnt winning could move anywhere?

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. :geek:
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JBB wrote:Oh no not this again! :thumbdown:

First of all UND and USD havent done a thing in the FCS yet. Let them relax, play a few seasons and get in the playoffs first.

Secondly what does attendance have to do with anything? Aligning a conference because of similar attendance is about as stupid an idea as I have seen.

Thirdly, a lot of the teams you are talking about arent winning games. How can anybody think a team that isnt winning could move anywhere?

You obviously haven’t read the “NDSU to the MAC” thread. :lol:
bench
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: App

Post by bench »

JBB wrote:Oh no not this again! :thumbdown:

Apples, meet Oranges. Now, he's a little slow on the uptake, he has a tendency to think his situation is identical to yours, even and especially when it's COMPLETELY different, and in real life he's actually a retarded line-dancing pygmy with severe astigmatism, but besides all that he's a helluva nice guy
I've seen worse. :ugeek:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The elite speak, but their mouth is full. My sarcasm hits the nail on the head. The future of this division is in doubt. How can teams averaging less than 10,000 even pay the bills? In order to make things easier for them you would have several major FCS conferences realign? Get serious.

NDSU brought a lot to the MVFC and is now the major market force demonstrating an FBS size market by ticket sales. UND and USD would bring more 8 - 9,000 attendace type programs on good years and absolutly nothing in any other sport. NDSU on the other hand has already appeared in the NCAA BB tournament. Has a great womens volleyball team that is playing for its second NCAA berth tonight and the womens BB team is really exciting with a pipeline full of great talent and a very good coach.

If the FCS is going to realign lets look at a scenario that has already been touched on: Create a league of the top draws.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

JBB wrote: UND and USD would bring more 8 - 9,000 attendace type programs on good years and absolutly nothing in any other sport.

94 of the 118 fcs teams average 10k fans or less...
Illinois St. 10,591
Southern Ill. 9,055
Missouri St. 8,958
Western Ill. 9,624
South DakSt 9,907
Indiana St. 3,885

Didn't NDSU crap the bed this year? Anyway, I understand your point of having a 'SUPER-CONFERENCE' but I dont agree. btw this SUPER-CONF wouldnt include NDSU anyway... :roll:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

If there is an across the board conference re-alignment in the FCS, I would imagine geographic location would be the primary consideration as this would minimize travel costs. State budgets are shrinking and this is impacting the amount of money state funded universities are receiving. As money gets tighter, it will be interesting to see how that impacts conference alignments.
Thumper 76
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Post by Thumper 76 »

BlackFalkin wrote:
JBB wrote: UND and USD would bring more 8 - 9,000 attendace type programs on good years and absolutly nothing in any other sport.

Illinois St. 10,591
Southern Ill. 9,055
Missouri St. 8,958
Western Ill. 9,624
South DakSt 9,907
Indiana St. 3,885

Didn't NDSU crap the bed this year? Anyway, I understand your point of having a 'SUPER-CONFERENCE' but I dont agree. btw this SUPER-CONF wouldnt include NDSU anyway... :roll:
Those numbers are old, this year I believe at SDSU our average was something like 13,000
Please don't tell Obama what comes after a Trillion.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Thumper 76 wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

Illinois St. 10,591
Southern Ill. 9,055
Missouri St. 8,958
Western Ill. 9,624
South DakSt 9,907
Indiana St. 3,885

Those numbers are old, this year I believe at SDSU our average was something like 13,000
NOPE, 2008 my friend. Regardless, the FACT is 94 fcs teams AVERAGE 10K FANS OR LESS :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS