FCS Coaches On The Hot Seat....?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: FCS Coaches On The Hot Seat....?

Post by Ivytalk »

The Princeton coach probably saved his job by beating Yale last weekend. Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth will definitely survive if they beat Princeton this weekend, but he's probably safe now for another year anyway. I can't assess the Cornell situation, but the Big Red have gone straight downhill during the second half of the season.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

catamount man wrote: Once again, a Boone goon running his mouth all based on comments on a message board. The off field incident was with a FORMER PLAYER and his DRUNK brother, who under much consumption of alcohol, decided to try to get in Wagner's face as he was coming off the field AFTER he'd gotten into it with an official.

Again, if you're not a Catamount fan, a WCU booster, or alum, PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP and worry about your own team. Wagner is not in any trouble, his seat is DEFINITELY not hot. Leave it to a Boone goon. :coffee:

Hey, now. You're hitting pretty close to home there, buddy. Back off!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

ChetSteadman wrote:I've read the voices of dissension on the Pride board, CMan. There aren't that many, yet, but there are some.
I remember the old cnnsi.com board back in the late 90's. App fans calling for Jerry's head back then. Lot of them on AGS pre-NC as well.
:thumb:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
catamount man wrote: Once again, a Boone goon running his mouth all based on comments on a message board. The off field incident was with a FORMER PLAYER and his DRUNK brother, who under much consumption of alcohol, decided to try to get in Wagner's face as he was coming off the field AFTER he'd gotten into it with an official.

Again, if you're not a Catamount fan, a WCU booster, or alum, PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP and worry about your own team. Wagner is not in any trouble, his seat is DEFINITELY not hot. Leave it to a Boone goon. :coffee:

Hey, now. You're hitting pretty close to home there, buddy. Back off!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol:
:rofl:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
catamount man
Level3
Level3

Post by catamount man »

the dissension on the Pride board came from "several former players" who haven't posted since the win over Citadel and the improved showings against Wofford and UTC. nobody was on there complaining about last week's result. As far as the incident goes, both parties met and ironed out differences. It happened, it's over and it's done with.

One unnamed poster has constantly complained, mainly due to Wagner and his coaches using profanity on the sidelines and his latest rant was that he was gonna personally contact Western's AD to see if "something could be done". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me, compared to this time 2 years ago, WCU is in better shape. To be 2-8 with FORTY-TWO FRESHMEN/REDSHIRT FRESHMEN AND 10 SENIORS ONLY is in itself a small victory. Things are only going to get better in Cullowhee. Maybe not this week, but we're thinking long term. :thumb:

In 2 years, Wagner and his staff have had more contact with high school coaches IN NORTH CAROLINA than any other WCU staff since the days of Bob Waters. That's covering Dale Strahm's one year in the 'whee, Steve Hodgin, Bill Bleil and Kent Briggs. Of course, it is still my opinion that had those men had the full support of the administration as Wagner does, just maybe, WCU would never have sank as low as we've had.

Again, I apologize to the poster who put out the SoCon "hot seat" post, but trust me, Wagner's seat is NOWHERE near hot.
ASUMountaineer
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by ASUMountaineer »

dbackjon wrote:
ChetSteadman wrote:I've read the voices of dissension on the Pride board, CMan. There aren't that many, yet, but there are some.
I remember the old cnnsi.com board back in the late 90's. App fans calling for Jerry's head back then. Lot of them on AGS pre-NC as well.
I can remember that going into the 2000s as well (being at ASU from 99-03). There were a lot of people wanting him gone (mostly from those wanting us to go I-A). It hit a fever pitch in the 2003 and 2004 seasons, but winning cures everything.
Appalachian State Mountaineers:

National Champions: 2005, 2006, and 2007
Southern Conference Champions: 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT! NOTHING'S HOTTER THAN A-S-U!
ASUMountaineer
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by ASUMountaineer »

catamount man wrote:One unnamed poster has constantly complained, mainly due to Wagner and his coaches using profanity on the sidelines and his latest rant was that he was gonna personally contact Western's AD to see if "something could be done". :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's no cussing in football... :rofl: That's funny right there, I love Cullowhee High School! :thumb:
Appalachian State Mountaineers:

National Champions: 2005, 2006, and 2007
Southern Conference Champions: 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT! NOTHING'S HOTTER THAN A-S-U!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote:I know that fan boards are not the be-all and end-all of this, but if it were, Marshall Sperbeck will be out the door as soon as the Causeway Classic is over. SacBuzz is all over him and DC Lou Baiz, a longtime faithful Hornet assistant, even though Sperbeck just got there. The improvement over the Mooshagian era is immense, but people don't care.
Sperbeck had his contract extended through 2012 at the beginning of the season, he isn’t going anywhere and rightfully so, he has the program going in the right direction. :nod:

Biaz on the other hand…well his defensive play calling has been just awful and unchanged for pretty much the whole season. You think when the schemes aren’t working; you would try something else…nope, not this guy. :thumbdown: He has been with the program for 16 years (or something like that) so I imagine it wouldn’t be an easy task to have him change his role or even leave the program. I’m crossing my fingers that he pulls something out of his ass for this Saturday when “the farm extension” comes to town.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Big Sky

Hot Seat

Scott Downing, UNC - The season is over & Downing's contract is up, but he's still there at the moment. I think he should get another year, but I'm pretty sure UNC fans don't feel the same way.

Getting Warm

John Zamberlin, ISU - With a 4-20 record, you'd think he'd be on the hot seat. He got a 2-year extension in October, though, so he's safe until at least the end of 2010.

Jerome Souers, NAU - Souers has been fairly successful, but he hasn't made the playoffs since 2003. His teams always seem to have good talent, but not enough depth to get over the hump. I'd be surprised if he got canned this year and I don't think NAU will find someone better (his contract also doesn't expire until next year), but the few staunch NAU fans that exist may be itching for something new after a 12-year stint with Jerome.

Cold Seat

Beau Baldwin, EWU - The Eags may have underperformed in Baldwin's first year, but this season should have ended any possible grumbling.

????????????????, PSU - Any new coach for a rebounding program is safe for at least a couple years.

Marshall Sperbeck, SAC - A .500 overall mark last year and an overachieving 4-4 in Big Sky play (given the key injuries) for 2009 means Sperbeck won't have to sweat for at least another year.

Ron McBride, WEB - McBride took Weber to their first playoffs in 17 years last season, so he can do no wrong at the moment even if the Wildcats miss the '09 postseason.

Bobby Hauck, UMT - Even with the overabundance of never-happy Griz fans, Hauck will move up long before anyone seriously considers firing him.

Rob Ash, MSU - A loss to the Griz will bring out the usual anger in Bobcat-land, but Ash has still fielded good teams and, more importantly, fixed the APR problems present under his predecessor. He's safe for at least a little while.
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ready for Souers to go...
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

I would give a new HC this list:

You've got four seasons to:
*Bring back a Conf title
*Make it to the playoffs
*Raise attendance to 80%+

If not, YOUR OUT.

:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

OVC nows has two openings: Murray State and Tennessee State
Green Cookie Monster
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Post by Green Cookie Monster »

SuperHornet wrote:I know that fan boards are not the be-all and end-all of this, but if it were, Marshall Sperbeck will be out the door as soon as the Causeway Classic is over. SacBuzz is all over him and DC Lou Baiz, a longtime faithful Hornet assistant, even though Sperbeck just got there. The improvement over the Mooshagian era is immense, but people don't care.
Sperbeck is ok, it is his DC Lou Baiz who is under the microscope. Sperbeck needs to recruit a hardy QB and make the playcalling more aggressive. Sperbeck had a great '09 recruiting class, tops in the FCS and is ranked 115th for '10 so far.
Uncle Buck
I am a fan of: Firing the Hofstra Admin

Post by Uncle Buck »

Dave Cohen at Hofstra has to go. Nobody knows if he has another year left, if he does, they need to buy him out and send him on his way. In four seasons with the team he has not beaten a team that finished with better than a 6-5 record. Signature wins to date, a 6-5 Furman squad and this year a possible 6-5 JMU.

Offense averaging almost four points less per game than an injury riddled O last year. Too many returning players, too many coaching decisions costing us games, coming close and moral victories are garbage.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Nicholls State fired their coach (Jay Thomas) today

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=578
T-Dog
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: App St
A.K.A.: tdog231

Post by T-Dog »

ASUMountaineer wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
I can remember that going into the 2000s as well (being at ASU from 99-03). There were a lot of people wanting him gone (mostly from those wanting us to go I-A). It hit a fever pitch in the 2003 and 2004 seasons, but winning cures everything.
I'm still waiting for "NOMOORE" to return to the MMB. :thumb:
twitter.com/tdogappst

App State's Final SoCon Record: 204-87-5

All Time W-L-T - 567-321-28
jbrob706
I am a fan of: N.C. A&T

Post by jbrob706 »

tampajag wrote:Pete Richardson - Southern University. The big rumor swirling around Baton Rouge may force him out at end of the season. :coffee:
Wow! :shock:
guinzone
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Youngstown State
A.K.A.: Let's Go Guins

Post by guinzone »

Heacock had an 8-3 year in 2001, a 7-4 year in 2002, a 8-3 year in 2005, a 11-3 year in 2006, and a 7-4 year in 2007.

The problem is he has made the playoffs just once. Fans want him gone. A new coach could utilize the talent we have and get us back in the playoffs. Many fans, including myself, believe we could be 7-3 going into this game in Fargo today if we had a new coach. We blew our chances to beat MSU and SDSU at home.
Proud Youngstown State Fan