Sac State Rolls On

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Sac State Rolls On

Post by SDHornet »

Sac State pulled an amazing come from behind victory over “the farm extension” this evening. They got the win with a late TD pass with 23 seconds left. The final was 31-28. The starting QB Jason Smith was pulled for Bethel-Thompson at halftime and he made the most of it. The Sac D did next to nothing all game long but made a huge stop late in the 4th to give the Hornets one last shot. Many 3rd and long, 4th and longs were converted. It was an amazing sight, definitely the most memorable game for me.

Also the men’s basketball team went into Corvallis and beat Oregon State 65-63. (Yes the same team that won a whooping 2 games last year.) Probably the best weekend for Hornet sports that I can think of.
We are going for the trifecta when men’s soccer faces UCLA in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament on the 22nd.

Damn it feels good to be a Hornet right now.
native
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Weber State

Re: Sac State Rolls On

Post by native »

SDHornet wrote:Sac State pulled an amazing come from behind victory over “the farm extension” this evening. They got the win with a late TD pass with 23 seconds left. The final was 31-28. The starting QB Jason Smith was pulled for Bethel-Thompson at halftime and he made the most of it. The Sac D did next to nothing all game long but made a huge stop late in the 4th to give the Hornets one last shot. Many 3rd and long, 4th and longs were converted. It was an amazing sight, definitely the most memorable game for me.

Also the men’s basketball team went into Corvallis and beat Oregon State 65-63. (Yes the same team that won a whooping 2 games last year.) Probably the best weekend for Hornet sports that I can think of.
We are going for the trifecta when men’s soccer faces UCLA in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament on the 22nd.

Damn it feels good to be a Hornet right now.
Congrats Hornets! Big Sky is now 7-2 over the Great West this year, and the Great West played well against other conferences, including Cal Poly's 21-14 win over South Dakota State!
Last edited by native on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Prince of Purple Pomposity
YT is not a communist. He's just a ...young pup.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Congrats on both.

Big Sky 2-0 against the Great West today. :thumb:
Green Cookie Monster
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sacramento State

Post by Green Cookie Monster »

Go Hornets! MBT was a stud in this game. Scored 28pts. in 2nd half. Hopefully, this is his break out game and will be sharp for 2010.

Looks like Sac took the weekly BSC attendance award, 17,126 were in the stands.