FCS Playoff Bracket

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Re: FCS Playoff Bracket

Post by JayJ79 »

sebie wrote:All the games are telivised right? It sure beats habing to watch shitty bowl games and Meaningless fbs end matchups.
I'm not sure about that.
The App State/SCSU game will be on ESPNU or something, but I don't think the rest of the first round games will be televised, unless it is on ESPNs PPV package or whatever it's called.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

∞∞∞ wrote:So a team in Utah has to travel to Virginia? Does the FCS committee usually do that...I don't know...first time witnessin' the FCS playoff madness.
Our only playoff appearance they sent us to Delaware. Made a whole lot of sense, of which I really cannot recall right now. Wait until they decide to start the game at noon EST.
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

Man that is one nice looking playoff bracket (except that no GWC team made it this year :ohno:) Lots of great matchups especially South Dakota State @ Montana, the Griz will have their hands full in that one, cant wait to see a great game on bigskytv :thumb:
GreatAppSt
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by GreatAppSt »

#1 seed Montana's bracket: #11 SD State, #12 SF Austin & #13 E Wash

#4 seed Richmond's bracket: #9 Elon, #5 ASU & # 7 SC State

#2 seed Villanova's bracket: #17 Holy Cross, #8 McNeese & #10 UNH

#3 seed S Illnois' bracket: #19 E Illinois #15 Weber State,@ #6 W&M &

Which 2 teams get relative cakewalks to the semi's?

Which 3 teams from a certain Conf. have pretty much gimme advancement to the 2nd round? :roll:
Last edited by GreatAppSt on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't beat'em, you lost!
native
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Weber State

Post by native »

danefan wrote:Very strong bracket. Some interesting bracket placements, but there were a million different possibilities.

I'm glad the committee rewarded strong teams and not inflated records.
Yup!
Proud Prince of Purple Pomposity
YT is not a communist. He's just a ...young pup.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

∞∞∞ wrote:So a team in Utah has to travel to Virginia? Does the FCS committee usually do that...I don't know...first time witnessin' the FCS playoff madness.

In the past they have had (for most part) the west teams playing the west teams, thus making it very hard for more than one west team to get past the quarters. I am pleasantly shocked by the bracket this year.
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

SIU and Nova could probably sleepwalk to the quarters.. Montana and Richmond have their hands full and then some.
ImageImageImageImageImage
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Congrats to all the teams that made the field. Looks to be another strong field with the best team winning the NC. Good Luck and hope it's a fun ride! :thumb:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

MrTitleist wrote:SIU and Nova could probably sleepwalk to the quarters.. Montana and Richmond have their hands full and then some.

Meh. I think Elon is about on par with EIU. Holy Cross, on the other hand, should be a vacation for Nova.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Well it beats the HELL out of having all three BSC teams in the same half of the bracket. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Here here :nod: :nod: :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Well it beats the HELL out of having all three BSC teams in the same half of the bracket. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I wish Weber was in our half, and not EWU. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but I wish Weber was in our half, and not EWU. :coffee: :coffee:

I kinda like the fact that Weber doesnt have to see any other Big Sky teams till the Championship.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

This bracket is bullcr@p. There's no way EIU deserves to get in over Liberty, even with that unfortunate loss.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SuperHornet wrote:This bracket is bullcr@p. There's no way EIU deserves to get in over Liberty, even with that unfortunate loss.
Dude, you REALLY need to let Liberty go. EIU beat two MVFC teams --- BADLY. They beat their conference champ. Liberty doesn't have a SINGLE quality win--they play a horrible schedule and lost to the only Big 4 conference opponent they played.

Liberty had no business thinking they were getting in even with a WIN last weekend...then they went and shit all over themselves in their moment of glory. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're embarrassing yourself with this Liberty obsession. Yeah, EIU will get rolled by SIU, but Liberty would get beaten like a DRUM by EIU.
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Post by JayJ79 »

SuperHornet wrote:This bracket is bullcr@p. There's no way EIU deserves to get in over Liberty, even with that unfortunate loss.
the luxury of playing in a conference with an automatic qualifier.
(and having the best team in that conference by ineligible due to academic issues)

Given UNI's loss, I kind of wish Liberty had won, and the committee picked the Flames for that last spot over Weber State. But, it didn't happen.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:Planning my flight to Homer bryce as we speak... :coffee:
Homer Bryce?
That's SFA's stadium.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Homer Bryce?
That's SFA's stadium.
Where do you have to fly into? Looks like Nacogdoches is a ways away from anything.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

:lol: :twisted:

I'm REALLY hoping for a rematch. It'd be fun to make two trips to Missoula in a year (and get to watch my second ever playoff game in person).
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:
That's SFA's stadium.
Where do you have to fly into? Looks like Nacogdoches is a ways away from anything.
You're looking at a pretty penny if you want to go, Screamin. The closest place you can fly into is Shreveport, which will necessitate a 2-hour drive in a rental car. The problem is that you'll be routed through either Memphis or Atlanta, and it'll cost you over $2K, not counting car and hotel. (That's info from Delta. The other major airlines are probably similar.)

The next best option is fly to Houston and drive about 2 hrs, 40 mins to Nacodoches. It's up US-59 from Houston. That'll run you about $670-900 round trip on Southwest plus car and hotel. (BTW, both of these checks are using Seattle as a base.)

Good luck if you plan to go.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SuperHornet wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
You're looking at a pretty penny if you want to go, Screamin. The closest place you can fly into is Shreveport, which will necessitate a 2-hour drive in a rental car. The problem is that you'll be routed through either Memphis or Atlanta, and it'll cost you over $2K, not counting car and hotel. (That's info from Delta. The other major airlines are probably similar.)

The next best option is fly to Houston and drive about 2 hrs, 40 mins to Nacodoches. It's up US-59 from Houston. That'll run you about $670-900 round trip on Southwest plus car and hotel. (BTW, both of these checks are using Seattle as a base.)

Good luck if you plan to go.
And remember that when driving north on 59, if you come to Bobo, TX, you went too far.

Bobo, TX. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I like this bracket. Some interesting matchups right out of the gate. :nod:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Dude, you REALLY need to let Liberty go. EIU beat two MVFC teams --- BADLY. They beat their conference champ. Liberty doesn't have a SINGLE quality win--they play a horrible schedule and lost to the only Big 4 conference opponent they played.

Liberty had no business thinking they were getting in even with a WIN last weekend...then they went and **** all over themselves in their moment of glory. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're embarrassing yourself with this Liberty obsession. Yeah, EIU will get rolled by SIU, but Liberty would get beaten like a DRUM by EIU.
Why should a guy be embarrassed for choosing the schoo he currently attends? I'm due to graduate from the Liberty Distance Learning Program this spring. About time, too. The REALLY embarrassing thing is that my 4-years-younger sister already has her bachelor's degree.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Even though its kinda strange, I think its cool that Weber is playing on the East coast, It would be cool if Eastern and Montana didnt have to meet till the Semi's, but I like the way the Bracket seems to be more spread out.