Montana-App St. TV Ratings

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SouthDakotaGrizzly
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Montana-App St. TV Ratings

Post by SouthDakotaGrizzly »

slycat wrote:I watched the above mentioned game online. It was fun for a half.
Grizzlies like to play with their prey before finishing it off. That's why they've been behind in 11 of their 14 games this year. It's strategery. ;)
FIRST DOWN.....MMMMOOOONNNNTTTTAAAANNNNAAAA!!!!

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SouthDakotaGrizzly wrote:I know the schedule is set well in advance, but why in the hell do they broadcast one semifinal on ESPN and then broadcast the championship on ESPN2? I doubt the Montana-Villanova game will get anywhere near the viewership of the Montana-App St. game. Sure, there'll be a bunch of Montanans tuning in, but let's face it, that's not a whole lot of people and Nova's fan base is small. I'm sure some non-partisan football fans who happened to watch the App St. game might tune in out of interest along with some FCS fans in general, but it seems like if ESPN really wanted to showcase this game they would put it on the flagship station and promote the crap out of it. Instead, it seems like they're relegating it to the back burner (FYI- they are showing the Bucks-Cavaliers game on ESPN in the same time slot). :twocents:
Does it really matter which ESPN it's on? How many people actually get ESPN & not ESPN2 these days anyway?

I don't think the title game will get as high of rating as the semifinal game, but it should still get decent ratings. Montana being there doesn't do much for the attendance, but they're probably the best team to have in the title game for TV ratings since there's a large fan base of which the vast majority can't actually get to the game.
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SouthDakotaGrizzly wrote:I know the schedule is set well in advance, but why in the hell do they broadcast one semifinal on ESPN and then broadcast the championship on ESPN2? I doubt the Montana-Villanova game will get anywhere near the viewership of the Montana-App St. game. Sure, there'll be a bunch of Montanans tuning in, but let's face it, that's not a whole lot of people and Nova's fan base is small. I'm sure some non-partisan football fans who happened to watch the App St. game might tune in out of interest along with some FCS fans in general, but it seems like if ESPN really wanted to showcase this game they would put it on the flagship station and promote the crap out of it. Instead, it seems like they're relegating it to the back burner (FYI- they are showing the Bucks-Cavaliers game on ESPN in the same time slot). :twocents:
Does it really matter which ESPN it's on? How many people actually get ESPN & not ESPN2 these days anyway?

I don't think the title game will get as high of rating as the semifinal game, but it should still get decent ratings. Montana being there doesn't do much for the attendance, but they're probably the best team to have in the title game for TV ratings since there's a large fan base of which the vast majority can't actually get to the game.
Based on all the ratings I've seen the last few days, ESPN always has higher ratings than ESPN2.

its hard to compare though because there are so many different factors that would cause ratings to go up or down. So would the ratings have been the same for the Montana /App State game on ESPN2? It could be that the ESPN ratings higher because they put better games on ESPN in the first place.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

danefan wrote:Montana and App State marketing departments need to be lighting up ESPN's phones right now trying to secure at least ESPN Gameplan contracts.
a more reasonable approach would be to hit them up hard to televise the upcoming home/home series
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Good to see ya Big App!