Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Bozeman Tennis Stimulus

Post by Col Hogan »

Good job, Bozeman Montana... :ohno:
Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer wants to make Bozeman an example of how not to spend stimulus money. Putting a rubberized surface on a crumbling tennis court was not part of Schweitzer's plan targeting roads, water and energy efficiency.
http://campbellbrown.blogs.cnn.com/2010 ... us/?hpt=C2
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Bozeman Tennis Stimulus

Post by dbackjon »

Good for Schweitzer in making sure the stimulus money was used properly. Guess you can't trust local governments to spend money wisely.

You do realize that this type of spending has been happening for decades. Doesn't make it right, but to lay it on the stimulus is disingenius.
:thumb:
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

Beats Sacto...

...the Sacto Arts Commission has figured out a way to grab stimulus money to spend on artwork for the airport.

...to add to our already "colorful" hodgepodge of multi-million dollar eyesores at Sacto International.

These are my "favorite" :roll: .

There are about 11 of these 20' long, colored poly panel over 2" steel tubing superstructure, "Mosquito On Acid Trip", pieces of "art" located around the airport...'bout 6 mounted on the "A" Terminal Garage and the rest can be found nesting in the greenbelt trees waiting to attack passing motorists. Cost I heard was $70k each, not including mounting system and installation.

...yet even with another $8 million for airport artwork budgeted for the new terminal, the uber-lib Dem controlled Sacto County Board of Supervisors can't seem to find the funding for Public Safety laying off 187 Deputies this year.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

travelinman67 wrote:Beats Sacto...

...the Sacto Arts Commission has figured out a way to grab stimulus money to spend on artwork for the airport.

...to add to our already "colorful" hodgepodge of multi-million dollar eyesores at Sacto International.

These are my "favorite" :roll: .

There are about 11 of these 20' long, colored poly panel over 2" steel tubing superstructure, "Mosquito On Acid Trip", pieces of "art" located around the airport...'bout 6 mounted on the "A" Terminal Garage and the rest can be found nesting in the greenbelt trees waiting to attack passing motorists. Cost I heard was $70k each, not including mounting system and installation.

...yet even with another $8 million for airport artwork budgeted for the new terminal, the uber-lib Dem controlled Sacto County Board of Supervisors can't seem to find the funding for Public Safety laying off 187 Deputies this year.
:shock: WOW! You guys really are stoned out there..... :lol:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GOKATS »

dbackjon wrote:Good for Schweitzer in making sure the stimulus money was used properly. Guess you can't trust local governments to spend money wisely.

You do realize that this type of spending has been happening for decades. Doesn't make it right, but to lay it on the stimulus is disingenius.
Unfortunately Schweitzer didn't stop it from happening, the city went ahead with it anyway. I very seldom agree with him, but he was right on this one. I have lived in the Bozeman area for over thirty years, but haven't lived in the city limits since my college days, city government has always been a joke.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Bickering over $50,000 on a park and rec project is silly. You aren't going to build a pedestrian bridge for that. :twocents:

Tman, BWI has one of those stained glass "sculptures", but ours is cooler!

"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

andy7171 wrote:Bickering over $50,000 on a park and rec project is silly. You aren't going to build a pedestrian bridge for that. :twocents:

Tman, BWI has one of those stained glass "sculptures", but ours is cooler!

Exactly. Especially considering we, as taxpayers, just footed an over 1 million dollar bill to send our elected representatives and some relatives to Copenhagen. Loved the part about how we had to pay for 6 nights minimum and they were there for only 2 days. Also liked the jab about how if they can't even negotiate better rates with a hotel, how do we expect them to spend our money effectively.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote:Good for Schweitzer in making sure the stimulus money was used properly. Guess you can't trust local governments to spend money wisely.

WHAT???

jon, I laid nothing onto the stimulus???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.