Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Re: Red turf at EWU?

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

SouthDakotaGrizzly wrote:
89Hen wrote: I've definitely seen some green fields fade a little. It may not be as noticible with green as it would be red. I don't really think the red would fade before the field wore out, but it will be horrendous from the start IMO.
As for the idea itself, yeah, it'll draw attention for sure. And guess who the Eagles would play in the first game on the red turf? More attention for Montana is never a bad thing :thumb: .
I was thinking about that. Local media will in all likelihood air the game, but I wonder if the bigwigs would pick it up because 1) First game ever on red turf, and 2) EWU playing against the national runner-up.
SouthDakotaGrizzly
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by SouthDakotaGrizzly »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
As for the idea itself, yeah, it'll draw attention for sure. And guess who the Eagles would play in the first game on the red turf? More attention for Montana is never a bad thing :thumb: .
I was thinking about that. Local media will in all likelihood air the game, but I wonder if the bigwigs would pick it up because 1) First game ever on red turf, and 2) EWU playing against the national runner-up.
I don't know that it would actually get broadcast nationally, but you would almost certainly see some highlights (with plenty of smartass comments, I'm sure) on SportsCenter. I think the novelty will wear off fairly quickly, though. There are too many other stories going on in a college football season for red turf to draw attention for too long.

This whole thing has got me thinking that the Seahawks should one-up EWU and install lime green turf in Qwest Field (you know, to match those lime green third unis). Talk about blinding, you'd have to wear a welding hood to that game! :lol:
FIRST DOWN.....MMMMOOOONNNNTTTTAAAANNNNAAAA!!!!

BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Dont be surprised if this really happens... the new AD is REALLY trying to step up the exposure for EWU and Eastern Athletics... contracts with WASHINGTON & WSU have NEVER happend before (correct me if im wrong). EWU has a 'dont let our history be a mystery' drive focused on adding signage and banners to the stadium of past all-americans, & Conference Championships ect. Also they are adding the video boards for Reese Court & Woodward field sometime soon. Hopefully they remove that f'ing track and rebuild the east sideline seats like they were supposed to do in 2004. IF AND WHEN they do those things...... You might see EWU in the National Championship game.
:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GOKATS »

BlackFalkin wrote:Dont be surprised if this really happens... the new AD is REALLY trying to step up the exposure for EWU and Eastern Athletics... contracts with WASHINGTON & WSU have NEVER happend before (correct me if im wrong). EWU has a 'dont let our history be a mystery' drive focused on adding signage and banners to the stadium of past all-americans, & Conference Championships ect. Also they are adding the video boards for Reese Court & Woodward field sometime soon. Hopefully they remove that f'ing track and rebuild the east sideline seats like they were supposed to do in 2004. IF AND WHEN they do those things...... You might see EWU in the National Championship game.
There's a difference between drawing attention to your school, football program, etc. and being the laughing stock of college football.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Beating Montana State every year makes EWU the laughing stock?
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

BlackFalkin wrote:Beating Montana State every year makes EWU the laughing stock?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
BigSkyBears
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Northern Colorado

Post by BigSkyBears »

Fact wrote:I'm not exactly a purist (I actually like that my team plays on field turf) but I have a problem with it because it's so gimmicky and stupid and is purposely meant to be a distraction. If you want a distraction, put your student section closer to the field. If Eastern Washington does this.. I'm just glad that I won't have to see it.

I agree this is stupid. So damned gimmicky.
Libertine
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by Libertine »

If you guys are thinking about televising games, I'd be less worried about the sun fading the field and be more worried about the guy riding the color correction knob in the production truck.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Libertine wrote:If you guys are thinking about televising games, I'd be less worried about the sun fading the field and be more worried about the guy riding the color correction knob in the production truck.
No shit. The dudes in the truck are going to have a hell of a time with a field like that.
collegesportsinfo
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: UMass
A.K.A.: Quinn, KingCal

Post by collegesportsinfo »

Willie wrote:EWU has received the OK from the NCAA and the Big Sky Conference to install red turf in their stadium, if they wish to.

Would this be the design?

Remember, this isn't set in stone at this point.
It looks a bit too Nazi for my taste.
- Quinn

CollegeSportsInfo.com:
NCAA Message Board Directory, Conference Realignment Forums & Expansion News

Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

I think it's a great idea, and I hope EWU does it! But, I'm one of the very few that have yet to see an Oregon uniform I haven't liked!!

Go on with your bad self, Eagles!! :thumb:
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

Grizo406 wrote:I think it's a great idea, and I hope EWU does it! But, I'm one of the very few that have yet to see an Oregon uniform I haven't liked!!

Let me guess.........................., you're color blind, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

clenz wrote:
Libertine wrote:If you guys are thinking about televising games, I'd be less worried about the sun fading the field and be more worried about the guy riding the color correction knob in the production truck.
No shit. The dudes in the truck are going to have a hell of a time with a field like that.
Actually, it's not going to be a problem. I'm a photo/video guy, it's not hard to white balance. :coffee:

That's like saying a QB would have a hard time throwing the ball because of the color of his uniform. Non-issue.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizo406 wrote:I think it's a great idea, and I hope EWU does it! But, I'm one of the very few that have yet to see an Oregon uniform I haven't liked!!

:nod: :thumb:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
I don't know that it would actually get broadcast nationally, but you would almost certainly see some highlights (with plenty of smartass comments, I'm sure) on SportsCenter. I think the novelty will wear off fairly quickly, though. There are too many other stories going on in a college football season for red turf to draw attention for too long.

This whole thing has got me thinking that the Seahawks should one-up EWU and install lime green turf in Qwest Field (you know, to match those lime green third unis). Talk about blinding, you'd have to wear a welding hood to that game! :lol:
Loud and proud baby! :D :nod:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

As for the recruiting aspect:
1/25/10 SuperPrep.com by Chris Fetters "Jared Hansen, a 6-foot-5, 295-pound offensive lineman from Curtis High School in University Place, Wash., verbally committed to Head Coach Beau Baldwin and the Eastern Washington University Eagles after taking an official visit to Cheney this past weekend.

Hansen had a great time this past weekend in Cheney. He really connected with all of the recruits who were also in on their official visit. He was impressed with coach Baldwin, coach (Torey) Hunter and Offensive Line coach (Aaron) Best, as well as the history of success that the program has had.

After learning more about the new red Field Turf, which is being installed this summer, courtesy of former Eagle and current NFL All Pro Lineman Michael Roos, Hansen was even more impressed.

Hansen plans to study Criminal Justice with the intention of working in Law Enforcement following the conclusion of his football career. He hopes to be involved with the next level of Football, following his collegiate experience.

Hansen will be running track this spring for the Curtis Vikings and will continue to develop his speed, agility, flexibility, and work on his long snapping skills.

"I was really impressed with campus, the coaches, the players and the whole Eastern Washington University experience, and on February 3rd I will be an Eagle!"
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

GOKATS wrote:

Let me guess.........................., you're color blind, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, I'm not color blind! I have crystal clear Griz vision!!

That right there should tell you somethin'! ;) :rofl: :rofl:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

collegesportsinfo wrote:
Willie wrote:EWU has received the OK from the NCAA and the Big Sky Conference to install red turf in their stadium, if they wish to.

Would this be the design?

Remember, this isn't set in stone at this point.
It looks a bit too Nazi for my taste.
That's what I thought about the way that EWU eagle looked in kalm's avatar....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

Grizo406 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Well I guess 'dark pink' is the same as 'light red'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

GOKATS wrote:
Grizo406 wrote:

It sure seems to be to the Cats doesn't it? Either shade of red seems to be like kryptonite to you guys.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:
GOKATS wrote:
It sure seems to be to the Cats doesn't it? Either shade of red seems to be like kryptonite to you guys.
:rofl:

There's only one problem with that analogy Ursus... Montana State is no Superman. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

More like Lois Lane. :thumb:
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Post by BigApp »

if Boise State has become a "punchline" then it must be a pretty damned good joke.

How many more BCS bowls do they have to play in (and win) before you guys realize they're not in the Big Fluffy anymore?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

GOKATS wrote:
Grizo406 wrote:

If I can't have copper & gold, just about any shade of red, (preferably maroon), does it for me! :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:
MaximumBobcat
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by MaximumBobcat »

BigApp wrote:if Boise State has become a "punchline" then it must be a pretty damned good joke.

How many more BCS bowls do they have to play in (and win) before you guys realize they're not in the Big Fluffy anymore?
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I live in the Houston area, and the only time I hear people around here talking about Boise State it is usually about how good they are.
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

:nod:

That's funny. I feel exactly the same way - especially these: