Red turf at EWU?

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
chrisattsu
I am a fan of: Texas State

Re: Red turf at EWU?

Post by chrisattsu »

I guess I am one of the few people who likes the Smurf Turf.

If EWU wants to do it, more power to them. I would not want a red field, but I did like the Purple JMU field
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

BigApp wrote:if Boise State has become a "punchline" then it must be a pretty damned good joke.

How many more BCS bowls do they have to play in (and win) before you guys realize they're not in the Big Fluffy anymore?
MaximumBobcat wrote:
BigApp wrote:if Boise State has become a "punchline" then it must be a pretty damned good joke.

How many more BCS bowls do they have to play in (and win) before you guys realize they're not in the Big Fluffy anymore?
I know, that's exactly what I was thinking.

I live in the Houston area, and the only time I hear people around here talking about Boise State it is usually about how good they are.
You guys can't be that dumb can you? Novody is talking about what they are doing on the field...the "punchline" comment is about their actual field...the Blue Turf...which is what this thread is about...colored turf.

Jesus christ fellas, follow the topic.
:lol:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

I think it would be cool. Life is too short for conformity.
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
MaximumBobcat

Post by MaximumBobcat »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:

MaximumBobcat wrote:

I live in the Houston area, and the only time I hear people around here talking about Boise State it is usually about how good they are.
You guys can't be that dumb can you? Novody is talking about what they are doing on the field...the "punchline" comment is about their actual field...the Blue Turf...which is what this thread is about...colored turf.

I know what you're talking about, you guys just make it seem like every time someone talks about BSU they talk about the turf...not the case.
Last edited by MaximumBobcat on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

MaximumBobcat wrote:

That and it's impossible to watch a BSU game going more than 5 minutes without a Smurf Turf or Blue Turf reference
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

Maximum/Clenz you fellas don't agree.

Well maybe there is room for both there. It is not the only thing that is talked about but it is referenced every time and it is referenced as you would your crazy aunt. In other words no matter how good BSU is they are made fun of a little bit every time they play for their field. It's stupid but it happens.
MaximumBobcat

Post by MaximumBobcat »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:Maximum/Clenz you fellas don't agree.

Well maybe there is room for both there. It is not the only thing that is talked about but it is referenced every time and it is referenced as you would your crazy aunt. In other words no matter how good BSU is they are made fun of a little bit every time they play for their field. It's stupid but it happens.
Yeah, it sounds like he is talking about announcers, I was talking about actual football fans/people I hang out with.
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat

GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by GOKATS »

That's really a pretty good post, especially the crazy aunt part. BSU has proven they can play at the FBS level, but every time they're on tv the 'smurf turf' is actually a joke the announcers can't let go of. Even though EWU will never make more than regional coverage it'll be interesting to see what the red turf is dubbed.

'On the rag rug' comes to mind......................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

GOKATS wrote:

That's really a pretty good post, especially the crazy aunt part. BSU has proven they can play at the FBS level, but every time they're on tv the 'smurf turf' is actually a joke the announcers can't let go of. Even though EWU will never make more than regional coverage it'll be interesting to see what the red turf is dubbed.

'On the rag rug' comes to mind......................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or 'Bobcat Stains'... :coffee:
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

That'd be the whitish sticky stuff while you're getting fucked so you might as well just start with a pink field to match the running track right off the bat. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chrisattsu

Post by chrisattsu »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
GOKATS wrote:

Blood makes the turf shine... kill kill
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I liked the Rag Rug...I also like "The Giant Maxi-Pad" or something like that
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

No real college football fan hears Boise State and thinks "smurf turf" anymore. :coffee:
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

kalm wrote:No real college football fan hears Boise State and thinks "smurf turf" anymore. :coffee:
Bullshit!! The blue turf is a joke. :coffee:
MaximumBobcat

Post by MaximumBobcat »

kalm wrote:No real college football fan hears Boise State and thinks "smurf turf" anymore. :coffee:
Yeah, this is how I feel. All the smurf turf jokes were played out in 05/06 after the big OU win.

Back then my friends would say, "hey you know that team with the blue turf is on tonight,..."

now it's "hey boise state is on tonight".

maybe me and kalm just hang out with people who care about the game and the rest of you hang out with people who care about colors and turf and other weird shit. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
Sincerely,
MaximumBobcat

Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

MaximumBobcat wrote:
Yeah, this is how I feel. All the smurf turf jokes were played out in 05/06 after the big OU win.

Back then my friends would say, "hey you know that team with the blue turf is on tonight,..."

maybe me and kalm just hang out with people who care about the game and the rest of you hang out with people who care about colors and turf and other weird shit. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:
Exactly.

Who gives a shit what the color of the field is, as long as your team is wiping it with the other. :thumb:

EWU could put in a pink and purple field, and we'd still beat the (MSU) Bobcats on it. :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wanna bet.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

clenz wrote:

That and it's impossible to watch a BSU game going more than 5 minutes without a Smurf Turf or Blue Turf reference
Agreed, and if you have never been to boise to watch a game you would understand this 10 fold. It is horrific to try and watch a game on that field. With that being said it is also the worst stadium I have watched an outdoor game at easily. And as far as their tailgating goes it ranks right up there with Polson High school. :rofl:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
MaximumBobcat wrote:

Exactly.

Who gives a shit what the color of the field is, as long as your team is wiping it with the other. :thumb:

EWU could put in a pink and purple field, and we'd still beat the (MSU) Bobcats on it. :nod:
You're like a broken record, is that the only fucking song you know? :shake:
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

89Hen wrote:
Wanna bet.
Sorry Kris, its the first thing I think of.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

It's official !
Eastern Athletic Director Bill Chaves, who is working with associate athletic director for development Marc Hughes on the project, said EWU needs to secure additional funding through private contributions before actual replacement can be started. It is hoped that the project can be funded and completed in time for the 2010 season.

"There is no doubt that one of Boise State's claim to fame has been their blue turf and like it or dislike it, it has certainly brought them a tremendous amount of notoriety," said Chaves. "In a similar vein we have a tremendous opportunity at Eastern to do the same by differentiating ourselves with the red turf while providing a superior playing surface."
http://www.goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2 ... n26RedTurf

-note, everything in red has been predicted by BlackFalkin.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

"There is no doubt that the blue turf at Boise State has brought them notoriety, but until they started winning, it was notoriety nobody wanted."
Everything in smurf blue predicted by everyone else.

Winning solves everything.
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

Just to point out the obvious:

There is a reason why EWU will be the first with red turf - its ridiculously ugly!
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

danefan wrote:Just to point out the obvious:

There is a reason why EWU will be the first with red turf - its ridiculously ugly!
So being the first is a bad thing? How many teams got blue turf after Boise?
:coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Willie
Level4
Level4

Post by Willie »

BlackFalkin wrote:
danefan wrote:Just to point out the obvious:

So being the first is a bad thing? How many teams got blue turf after Boise?
:coffee:
lol just 1. New Haven (CT).
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne