Football Championship Subdivision discussions
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Montana State Completes 2010 Schedule

Post by GOKATS »

From MSU-

BOZEMAN, Mont. – Montana State plays its official Homecoming game on October 9 against Portland State next fall, but Rob Ash will face a different Homecoming game of sorts much earlier in the season when Drake, the school he led on the gridiron for 18 years, visits Bozeman.

Drake of the Pioneer Football League highlights MSU’s non-conference slate, which also features regional rivals Washington State of the Pac 10 and Fort Lewis of the Rocky Mountain Conference. MSU’s Big Sky home games include Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado and Weber State in addition to Portland State, and the Bobcats face the Grizzlies in Missoula to close the regular season on November 20.

But MSU’s game against Drake in Bobcat Stadium, part of a home-and-home series which concludes with a trip to Des Moines in 2012, stands as a highlight for Ash, the all-time wins leader in Bulldogs history. “That will be a special game,” Ash said. “I have relationships with many people in and close to that program. But it’s one of 11 games we’ll play next year, and each pose their own challenges. We’re excited about the direction of our program and the promise of the 2010 season.”

Montana State lost its only previous meeting with Drake, a 54-0 decision in Des Moines in 1940. The Bobcats are 0-7 all-time against Washington State, with the most recent meeting a 45-28 decision in 2002. MSU is 2-0 against Fort Lewis.

“Our non-conference schedule is very competitive and will prepare us for the Big Sky season,” Ash said. “As its been every year that I’ve been at Montana State, the Big Sky shapes up as competitive from top to bottom and should be one of the best FCS leagues in the country again.”

2010 Montana State Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time Site

Sep 4 Fort Lewis 1:05 pm Bozeman, MT

Sep 11 at Washington State TBA Pullman, WA

Sep 18 Drake 1:05 pm Bozeman, MT

Sep 25 Eastern Washington 1:05 pm Bozeman, MT

Oct 2 at Sacramento State 6:05 pm PT Sacramento, CA

Oct 9 Portland State (HC) 1:35 pm Bozeman, MT

Oct 16 at Northern Arizona TBA Flagstaff, AZ

Oct 23 Northern Colorado 1:05 pm Bozeman, MT

Oct 30 at Idaho State TBA Pocatello, ID

Nov 6 Weber State 12:05 pm Bozeman, MT

Nov 13 Open

Nov 20 at Montana 12:05 pm Missoula, MT

*-Big Sky Conference game

All games Mountain Time unless otherwise noted
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Montana State Completes 2010 Schedule

Post by dbackjon »

Drake AND Fort Lewis!
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:Drake AND Fort Lewis!
A D-II, a non-scholly I-AA, and possibly the worst team in FBS. Scats could go 3-0! :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

Wow.. the OOC is decent except of Drake and Fort Lewis.. however, I will cock punch the next Cat fan that mentions anything about the Griz playing Ft. Lewis.

Western St, on the other hand, is a different, but just as sad story.
ImageImageImageImageImage
slycat
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas State

Post by slycat »

I wanted an all Bobcat game.
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Drake AND Fort Lewis!
A D-II, a non-scholly I-AA, and possibly the worst team in FBS. Scats could go 3-0! :lol: :lol:
Sorry we got Ft. Lewis, they were griz regulars until they found a bigger guppy in Western State. Real tough OOC the fizz have with Western State, North Dakota and Cal Poly. Most griz fans are smart enough not to get into an OOC schedule pissing match. :nod: :nod:
SUUTbird
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Southern Utah
A.K.A.: SUU T-Birds

Post by SUUTbird »

I personally have to say i think the Grizzlies may actually have a tougher schedule then the Bobcats this year :shock:, North Dakota and Cal Poly are much better teams to play then Ft Lewis and Drake and Washington State i think isnt much better then some of the teams in the FCS :twocents: However i do think it would be nice if the Griz scheduled an FBS team, would love to see them come down and play the Utes :thumb:
GOKATS
Level2
Level2

Post by GOKATS »

SUUTbird wrote:I personally have to say i think the Grizzlies may actually have a tougher schedule then the Bobcats this year :shock:, North Dakota and Cal Poly are much better teams to play then Ft Lewis and Drake and Washington State i think isnt much better then some of the teams in the FCS :twocents: :thumb:
C'mon, that really hurts!!! I mean, nobody but nobody has a weaker OOC schedule that the griz. :lol:

And I do think Wash, St. is a notch above a struggling Cal Poly. Drake and North Dakota are probably a push.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GOKATS wrote:
SUUTbird wrote:I personally have to say i think the Grizzlies may actually have a tougher schedule then the Bobcats this year :shock:, North Dakota and Cal Poly are much better teams to play then Ft Lewis and Drake and Washington State i think isnt much better then some of the teams in the FCS :twocents: :thumb:
C'mon, that really hurts!!! I mean, nobody but nobody has a weaker OOC schedule that the griz. :lol:

And I do think Wash, St. is a notch above a struggling Cal Poly. Drake and North Dakota are probably a push.
WSU > Cal Poly
North Dakota >>> Drake
Ft. Lewis vs Western - who cares
:thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SUUTbird wrote:I personally have to say i think the Grizzlies may actually have a tougher schedule then the Bobcats this year :shock:, North Dakota and Cal Poly are much better teams to play then Ft Lewis and Drake and Washington State i think isnt much better then some of the teams in the FCS :twocents: However i do think it would be nice if the Griz scheduled an FBS team, would love to see them come down and play the Utes :thumb:
I would go watch that game, unfortunately it wont happen, the only way montana would play Utah is if Montana was in the WAC.
Sapper
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Idaho State University

Post by Sapper »

MSU might beat WSU! I hope they do it would make the BSC look even better.
BEAT WEBER!!!

kemajic
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: Kemajic

Post by kemajic »

GOKATS wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sorry we got Ft. Lewis, they were griz regulars until they found a bigger guppy in Western State. Real tough OOC the fizz have with Western State, North Dakota and Cal Poly. Most griz fans are smart enough not to get into an OOC schedule pissing match. :nod: :nod:
Let me understand. You are talking down CPSLO while MSU is 4-9 against CPSLO all-time and has lost the last seven games in a row. MSU has not exactly dominated North Dakota either, winning 15 of 29 contests. Over the past 10 years UND is 94-30; Drake is 68-42. I'm not wild about playing UND, but they are more dangerous than Drake. MSU, however, should be careful; Drake blew out MSU in their only game, 56-0. Getting Ft. Lewis is a good bet; Dixie St. was too close for comfort.
"People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe." - Andy Rooney
Catattack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MSU

Post by Catattack »

kemajic wrote: Let me understand. You are talking down CPSLO while MSU is 4-9 against CPSLO all-time and has lost the last seven games in a row. MSU has not exactly dominated North Dakota either, winning 15 of 29 contests. Over the past 10 years UND is 94-30; Drake is 68-42. I'm not wild about playing UND, but they are more dangerous than Drake. MSU, however, should be careful; Drake blew out MSU in their only game, 56-0. Getting Ft. Lewis is a good bet; Dixie St. was too close for comfort.
I think it's a good schedule for a young yet experienced team trying to get over the hump of 7-4 seasons. I also don't think trying to use scores or records of opponents, the last of which was 2005 against Cal Poly, has any bearing on this years team. 1940 wasn't a good year.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GOKATS wrote:

Please. Our cupcake ROLLS your cupcake. /thread.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
canyoncat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: MSU

Post by canyoncat »

SUUTbird wrote:I personally have to say i think the Grizzlies may actually have a tougher schedule then the Bobcats this year :shock:, North Dakota and Cal Poly are much better teams to play then Ft Lewis and Drake and Washington State i think isnt much better then some of the teams in the FCS :twocents: However i do think it would be nice if the Griz scheduled an FBS team, would love to see them come down and play the Utes :thumb:
Actually Drake is a better program than North Dakota at this point. North Dakota got their asses handed to them by NAIA Souix Falls last year. I would rather play an all FCS schedule and dump the DII and FBS game.

Drake > North Dakota
Washington State > Cal Poly (we need to get back to playing Cal Poly)
Fart Lewis = Western State :thumbdown: playing these teams.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

canyoncat wrote:
Actually Drake is a better program than North Dakota at this point. North Dakota got their asses handed to them by NAIA Souix Falls last year. I would rather play an all FCS schedule and dump the DII and FBS game.

Drake > North Dakota
Whaddayaknow? A 'Scat fan with a brainstem! :nod: :nod: :nod:
danefan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Post by danefan »

canyoncat wrote:

Drake > North Dakota
Uhhh......

South Dakota - 51
Drake - 21

South Dakota - 12
North Dakota - 27

Can't really say Drake is a better program than UND.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

canyoncat wrote:

Drake > North Dakota
Sioux Falls and ND are both better than Drake
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

danefan wrote:
canyoncat wrote:

Drake > North Dakota
Uhhh......

South Dakota - 51
Drake - 21

South Dakota - 12
North Dakota - 27

Please tell me you did NOT just break out the transitive argument to make your point. Does that work in court? :lol:
danefan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by danefan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
danefan wrote:
Uhhh......

South Dakota - 51
Drake - 21

South Dakota - 12
North Dakota - 27

Please tell me you did NOT just break out the transitive argument to make your point. Does that work in court? :lol:
Its not a transitive argument. Its a common opponent.

North Dakota and Drake didn't play. The only way to compare them is by their one common opponent. Drake got killed. North Dakota won.

Doesn't necessarily prove that UND is better than Drake, but it does prove that you cannot definitively say that Drake is better than UND. That's my point and what my statement says.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

danefan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

North Dakota and Drake didn't play. The only way to compare them is by their one common opponent. Drake got killed. North Dakota won.
What? UND>USD>Drake, ergo UND>Drake....isn't that your argument? And if so, isn't THAT the definition of the transitive property?
danefan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by danefan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
danefan wrote:

What? UND>USD>Drake, ergo UND>Drake....isn't that your argument? And if so, isn't THAT the definition of the transitive property?
I edited when you were typing.

I never reached the conclusion that UND>Drake.

I just pointed out that you couldn't reach the conclusion that Drake>UND either because of the common opponent.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

danefan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I just pointed out that you couldn't reach the conclusion that Drake>UND either because of the common opponent.
Should have known better than to get into a semantics discussion with a fuckin' lawyer. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :evil: :? 8-) :x
danefan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by danefan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
danefan wrote:

Should have known better than to get into a semantics discussion with a fuckin' lawyer. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :evil: :? 8-) :x
:lol:
You started it.

But my point still stands.

You can't really say that Drake is a better program than North Dakota.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

danefan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol:
You started it.

But my point still stands.

You can't really say that Drake is a better program than North Dakota.
I never said that. But I also never used the transitive argument to try and make my point either. :coffee: :coffee: