Tulsa Drillers coach killed by foul ball

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

Tulsa Drillers coach killed by foul ball

Post by coastal89 »

Tulsa Drillers hitting coach Mike Coolbaugh died Sunday night, less than an hour after he was struck in the head by a line drive. He was 35.
Coolbaugh was pronounced dead at 10:47 p.m. ET at Baptist Health Medical Center, according to Sgt. Terry Kuykendall of the North Little Rock (Ark.) Police Department.

The incident occurred in the top of the ninth inning of the Drillers' Texas League game against the Arkansas Travelers. Coolbaugh was coaching first base when he was hit in foul territory by a liner off the bat of Tulsa designated hitter Tino Sanchez.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news ... &fext=.jsp

Terrible news. One of South Carolina's pitchers, Wynn Pelzer, had a line drive hit him in the knee and break his knee cap while he was pitching in the Cape Cod league. It bad that these things happened but maybe now people will stop talking about how much safer wood bats are.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Re: Tulsa Drillers coach killed by foul ball

Post by AppGuy04 »

Sad story
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Tulsa Drillers coach killed by foul ball

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wow. Just makes what my son went through last year that much more terrifying. THIS is what I was worried about when his skull was fractured by that pitch!
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12