Cycling and doping

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Cycling and doping

Post by ChetSteadman »

Any other (recreational) cyclists here who are keeping up with Le Tour this year? They are all dopers, but for some reason, they are too stoopid and end up getting caught. Thoughts, anyone?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/to ... /jul25news

This will probably be the final nail in the Pro Tour coffin. I can't see all these non-cycling companies keep pumping millions into such a marked sport.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Re: Cycling and doping

Post by AppGuy04 »

Yeah, I'm seeing a swift end to Le Tour
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ChetSteadman »

Unfortunately, these are the exact same circumstances that Floyd saw last year...blew up on one stage and the staged a miraculous comeback on the very next day. This dope must be some great shit. I gotta get on the meth (or something like that) and maybe next year I can ride in Europe.

It really is sad to watch, because cycling really is exciting to watch. I love the Tour (the only thing French that I like - besides fries), but I don't think I can suspend my disbelief any longer. I always wanted to believe that Lance was clean, that he really was almost superhuman, but this keeps happening. LA was smart enough (and rich enough) to keep from being caught. Maybe the sport will soldier on and clean up...
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

BeauFoster wrote:Unfortunately, these are the exact same circumstances that Floyd saw last year...blew up on one stage and the staged a miraculous comeback on the very next day. This dope must be some great shit. I gotta get on the meth (or something like that) and maybe next year I can ride in Europe.

It really is sad to watch, because cycling really is exciting to watch. I love the Tour (the only thing French that I like - besides fries), but I don't think I can suspend my disbelief any longer. I always wanted to believe that Lance was clean, that he really was almost superhuman, but this keeps happening. LA was smart enough (and rich enough) to keep from being caught. Maybe the sport will soldier on and clean up...
Alot of sports are going through transitions right now. NHL, MLB, MMA, Cycling all are having issues with steroids and other drugs
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ChetSteadman »

And it continues....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/to ... /jul26news

The yellow jersey has been pulled from the Tour. At least another American (or a rider for an American team) should win now.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Levi Leipheimer is now in 3rd place and has an excellent chance of winding up on the podium in Paris and could even win it all if his teammate, Contador, makes a mistake.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by ChetSteadman »

Agreed, LL is a very solid time trialist. Contador lost time to LL this past weekend, and who knows how he will ride with the weight of the yellow jersey on his back. Cadel Evans is quite a good ttist as well, I guess I shouldn't forget about him. As long as some frog leg doesn't win, I will be happy.