UFC 75 free on Spike TV

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

UFC 75 free on Spike TV

Post by AppGuy04 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box_ex ... =box,39369

For those of you that have never watched UFC, now is your chance. UFC 75 is arguably one of the most important events in UFC history. The main event on Sept. 8 in London pits Pride champion Dan Henderson against UFC champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in a battle for the 205-pound titles of each organization
Grizball
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Mecca

Re: UFC 75 free on Spike TV

Post by Grizball »

WOW! I hadnt even realized this fight was going down. Straight freakin AWESOME!! A fight for the ages.
Grizball
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizball »

Grizo will be chiming in on this sooner or later. Skilled or practiced in one of the arts, if I'm not mistaken.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

I'm disappointed the Lidell/Silva fight was broken off
Grizball
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizball »

I agree. I'm hopeful it can still take place. I also would like to see a Liddell/Henderson fight.

Seems these bouts would be easier to arrange with the merger.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

Grizball wrote:I agree. I'm hopeful it can still take place. I also would like to see a Liddell/Henderson fight.

From what I hear, it was Silva who pulled out, for an undisclosed reason ofcourse. The thing I think UFC has going for it that no other sport does is Dana White. The man just has a passion for MMA that no other owner/managing partner seems to have. He wants to see the best fights and fighters from all over the world, no matter the cost. They may lose some money for UFC 75, but the fans they gain will be priceless.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

AppGuy04 wrote:
Grizball wrote:I agree. I'm hopeful it can still take place. I also would like to see a Liddell/Henderson fight.

From what I hear, it was Silva who pulled out, for an undisclosed reason ofcourse. The thing I think UFC has going for it that no other sport does is Dana White. The man just has a passion for MMA that no other owner/managing partner seems to have. He wants to see the best fights and fighters from all over the world, no matter the cost. They may lose some money for UFC 75, but the fans they gain will be priceless.
I agree, but I think he is kind of a punk also.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

Grizball wrote:Grizo will be chiming in on this sooner or later. Skilled or practiced in one of the arts, if I'm not mistaken.
The art of ball jacking more than not. :mrgreen:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

polsongrizz wrote:I agree, but I think he is kind of a punk also.
Name a fighter or a person responsible for promoting fights that isn't? :P
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

AppGuy04 wrote:
polsongrizz wrote:I agree, but I think he is kind of a punk also.
Name a fighter or a person responsible for promoting fights that isn't? :P
You have me there... :lol: :lol:
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

I rewatched UFC 62 last night, and during that, Dana White announced a Liddell/Silva matchup, and that was before Zuffa owned PRIDE, so this has happened twice now, the first time was a contract situation, this time Silva pulls out. I say screw him, let him fight in Japan
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er

Post by Grizo406 »

I'm still trying to get over Liddell's loss to Jackson.

I'll go on record and say that I don't think there is anyone presently in the UFC that will beat Dan Henderson. I think it will be a good fight, but Dan will go through Rampage like crap through a goose!

I'm looking forward to my second favorite fighter, BJ Penn, jumping up in weight, and hopefully, getting another shot at Matt Hughes. I've watched the Hughes/GSP match countless times, and thoroughly enjoy watching Matt get thumped!

When the Couture/Gonzaga fight happens, look for a new Champion.

I'd like to get Pols back in the cage, but we all know that ain't gonna' happen...I think he still has an IV, and back-brace from our last one, and it only lasted a minute! :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Grizo406 wrote:I'm still trying to get over Liddell's loss to Jackson.

I'll go on record and say that I don't think there is anyone presently in the UFC that will beat Dan Henderson. I think it will be a good fight, but Dan will go through Rampage like crap through a goose!

I'm looking forward to my second favorite fighter, BJ Penn, jumping up in weight, and hopefully, getting another shot at Matt Hughes. I've watched the Hughes/GSP match countless times, and thoroughly enjoy watching Matt get thumped!

I'd like to get Pols back in the cage, but we all know that ain't gonna' happen...I think he still has an IV, and back-brace from our last one, and it only lasted a minute! :lol:
I say Jackson kick's Henderson's ASS all over the ring. Wanna put a $20 spot on it, Grizo? :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

No way AZ, Henderson is gonna take this one
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AppGuy04 wrote:No way AZ, Henderson is gonna take this one
What kind of odds you wanna give me? :mrgreen:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Grizo406 wrote:I'm still trying to get over Liddell's loss to Jackson.

I say Jackson kick's Henderson's ASS all over the ring. Wanna put a $20 spot on it, Grizo? :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY!!! But only if the 40DD's says its OK.

If you want any action on the Couture/Gonzaga fight, let me know. ;)

Henderson is 22-5, and anyone that's every beat him, he's beat before or avenged the loss, except for Arona, but that was in 2002, on a split decision.

Although he lost to Wanderlai Silva by unanimous decision in 2000, he knocked him out at PRIDE 33...that's Wanderlai F'n Silva I'm talking about here...a guy that has taken Mr. Rampage, (your guy), to school on more than one occasion.

So if your Mrs. says it's OK...I'm all in!
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

We talking the Silva of old, or the most recent Silva? The later has been mediocre at best
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

Great to see Dana White try and replace the canceled Liddell/Silva fight

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Mauricio Rua will make his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut at UFC 76. The Brazilian is considered to be one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

The UFC announced Wednesday that Rua, who goes by the name "Shogun," will face Forrest Griffin. The light-heavyweight bout will be the co-feature to Chuck Liddell versus Keith Jardine and will take place September 22 from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California

Rua owns a first-round knockout victory over current UFC light-heavyweight champion Quentin "Rampage" Jackson while the two were stars fighting in Japan's Pride Fighting Championships. Rua holds an impressive 12-1 record in Pride, with 10 of those victories coming by way of knockout or submission - all in the first round.

Griffin was the light-heavyweight winner in the first season of the SpikeTV reality show "The Ultimate Fighter." The Athens, Georgia native is 5-2 in the UFC.
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

AppGuy04 wrote:We talking the Silva of old, or the most recent Silva? The later has been mediocre at best
I think we were talking about the "old" Silva, and when he fights again, I hope that's the one that shows up.

I remember thinking when I first heard about the Liddell/Silva fight that Chuck just might lose this one. When he's at his peak, I think he's about as untouchable as a fighter can get. He's fought Cro-Cop twice, losing once, and getting a draw in the other one. The two times he's faced Rampage, he scored a TKO, and a KO, respectively.

So, if that "Ax Murderer" shows up in any of his future fights, I don't think I'd bet against him.

Its not a very smart move to EVER bet against Randy Couture, but I'm certainly entertaining that idea when it comes to his fight against Gonzaga. I re-watched the Gonzaga/Cro-Cop fight last night, and was still amazed how effortlessly Gabriel beat Mirko, who was one of two fighters that I thought was unstoppable at the time.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

We will soon find out if Gonzaga was a "one kick wonder" or not. Thats what I'm most looking forward to. Well, that and Houston Alexander fighting again
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

AppGuy04 wrote:We will soon find out if Gonzaga was a "one kick wonder" or not. Thats what I'm most looking forward to. Well, that and Houston Alexander fighting again
I was more than surprised to see Alexander beat Keith Jardine!

Word I'm getting is that Jardine and Liddell are supposed to fight in September. Don't have a link, its just something I heard.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

Grizo406 wrote:
AppGuy04 wrote:We will soon find out if Gonzaga was a "one kick wonder" or not. Thats what I'm most looking forward to. Well, that and Houston Alexander fighting again
I was more than surprised to see Alexander beat Keith Jardine!

Word I'm getting is that Jardine and Liddell are supposed to fight in September. Don't have a link, its just something I heard.
Yes, Liddell and Jardine are the main event for UFC 76, along with the Rua vs Forest Griffin matchup

UFC 75 has a damn good card
Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo
Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

AppGuy04 wrote:
Grizo406 wrote: I was more than surprised to see Alexander beat Keith Jardine!

Yes, Liddell and Jardine are the main event for UFC 76, along with the Rua vs Forest Griffin matchup

UFC 75 has a damn good card
Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo
Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara
That is a good one, and I'm glad I'll be able to cover almost half of the PPV fee when I get the $20 from AZGriz on the Jackson/Henderson fight. :D :D ;)
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2

Post by AppGuy04 »

Grizo406 wrote:That is a good one, and I'm glad I'll be able to cover almost half of the PPV fee when I get the $20 from AZGriz on the Jackson/Henderson fight. :D :D ;)
No my friend, that card is free
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizo406 »

AppGuy04 wrote:
Grizo406 wrote:That is a good one, and I'm glad I'll be able to cover almost half of the PPV fee when I get the $20 from AZGriz on the Jackson/Henderson fight. :D :D ;)
No my friend, that card is free
Short term memory has never been one of my finer points. :oops: