Staal brothers arrested

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Staal brothers arrested

Post by AppGuy04 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2949057

MINNEAPOLIS -- Carolina Hurricanes star Eric Staal and his brother, Jordan Staal of the Pittsburgh Penguins, were arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process at Eric Staal's bachelor party at a Minnesota resort.

These guys are the last ones I thought I'd ever see something like this about. Looks like they got a raw deal though if you read the whole article
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Staal brothers arrested

Post by SuperHornet »

ESPN Article wrote:[Agent Rick] Curran said the brothers were among several partygoers who went to bed when authorities first gave the group a warning, and when authorities returned to kick the entire party out of the resort, they first had to wake the Staals up.
This is bogus. To wake guys up just to kick them out is just wrong. The fact that these kids had retired from the party after the first noise warning is evidence that they had taken it to heart. They likely advised their guests to knock it off and go home. Sounds like law enforcement trying to make names for themselves at the expense of professional athletes. Kind of evokes memories of Jake Peavy getting arrested at an airport while leaving for a missions trip. Bogus.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
lizrdgizrd
Level2
Level2

Post by lizrdgizrd »

SuperHornet wrote:
ESPN Article wrote:[Agent Rick] Curran said the brothers were among several partygoers who went to bed when authorities first gave the group a warning, and when authorities returned to kick the entire party out of the resort, they first had to wake the Staals up.
This is bogus. To wake guys up just to kick them out is just wrong. The fact that these kids had retired from the party after the first noise warning is evidence that they had taken it to heart. They likely advised their guests to knock it off and go home. Sounds like law enforcement trying to make names for themselves at the expense of professional athletes. Kind of evokes memories of Jake Peavy getting arrested at an airport while leaving for a missions trip. Bogus.
You hit the nail on the head!
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

Exactly what I meant by raw deal