Pacman Jones signs with TNA

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

Pacman Jones signs with TNA

Post by blackfordpu »

Adam "Pacman" Jones is entering the world of men in tights wielding metal folding chairs.

The troubled Tennessee Titans cornerback, suspended from the NFL for the entire season after numerous run-ins with the law, has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, the company said Monday.

Jones' first in-ring appearance will be for its "iMPACT!" show on Spike TV on Thursday, TNA said. That show already has been taped, including Jones' appearance. He also will appear in a pay-per-view show Sunday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2962780
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Pacman Jones signs with TNA

Post by AZGrizFan »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ahhhhhh.......

The long descent into irrelevance continues...... :D
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1

Post by blackfordpu »

It seems the Titans are going to try and block this move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969037
NDSUFREAK
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Chupacabra

Post by NDSUFREAK »

WOW...
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

He's not even scheduled to wrestle. He's only making an appearance thus far. Looks like just a money making move for TNA, smart if you ask me. I think they are shooting to become a WCW type and give WWE come competition.
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969037

Looks like Pacman can participate but can not wrestle
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1

Post by blackfordpu »

AppGuy04 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2969037

Looks like Pacman can participate but can not wrestle
After reading this:
The suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback won't be allowed to touch or be touched, use or be hit by any object or anything else that could injure him.
He may as well just buy a ticket and watch.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

You guys talk about this like it's some unusual thing. Professional athletes from George Ruth to Steve "Mongo" McMichael have been dabbling in the squared circle for a long time. Wahoo McDaniel was an ex-Raider who hit it big in wrestling. McMichael won a Super Bowl with the Bears before wearing his number on his tights in WCW. Lawrence Taylor competed at Wrestlemaina. Hulk Hogan got Dennis Rodman and The Mailman in a tag team match back in the '90s. AJ Pierszynski (sp?) has been involved in both WCW and TNA. Even stepping outside of sports for a sec, WCW was so desperate to beat the WWE that they sacrificed what little credibility they had in EITHER the wrestling world or the "real" world by handing their world title to pipsqueak David Arquette. Heck, just last week, wrestler Montel Vontavious Porter got his clock cleaned by Evander Holyfield on SmackDown. Attempts have even been made the OTHER way. Former NCAA wrestling champ and WWE star Brock Lesnar had at least a SEMBLANCE of a tryout with the Vikings. Commentators and some-time wrestlers Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler tried their hand at football commentary while WWE was sponsoring the ill-fated XFL. Former Navy SEAL and Minnesota governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura did football commentary for both the Buccaneers and Vikings before getting into politics.

My point is that whether or not Pacman was attempting to jumpstart a new career or not isn't really a big deal. The bogus Titans preventing him from doing so may or may not have been legally defensible, but given the proclivity for wrestlers, particularly inexperienced wrestler wannabes, to get hurt, I don't think anyone can really blame the organization to at least TRY to protect their investment. Pacman may have a claim for not being able to make a livelihood for himself, though he's probably better off PR-wise to drop that idea. I'll conclude by saying that Pacman trying to break into wrestling is NOT a big deal.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.