lakesbison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: lakesbison

Re: 2012 NFL Prospects

Post by lakesbison »

hounddawg... id say they have similar nymbers

smallcollege. you are probably right, but with great years, my reply might happen
lakesbison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: lakesbison

Post by lakesbison »

Whats highest pick for a FCS player?

Flacco?
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

Termite wrote:Here is a 2012 Mock Draft

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Even that's speculation. I happen to know a kid that is a DE/LB from OU and scouts had been checking him out all spring. They're pretty high on him and several teams have him on their radar. His name doesn't come up on that mock up.

( I know, not FCS but it's an example.... I know his whole family)
Renegade
I am a fan of: Schools in the Northeast

Post by Renegade »

Northeast Conference doesn't produce many, but they've got a couple for the 2012 draft:

Jose Gumbs, SS, Monmouth
Shadrae King, TE, Robert Morris
eagleaddict01
I am a fan of: Nebraska
A.K.A.: GoEagles

Post by eagleaddict01 »

Don't laugh just yet, but there are two players in the patriot league (insert laughter) that are putting up staggering numbers...against teams like UNH and Liberty. Both happen to be from Lehigh University, where the rookie starting LG for the Jaguars played last yr (will rackley).

Player 1:
Sr QB Chris Lum---6'2'' 205---Lake Orion, MI
23 TD, 9 INT, 68% CP, 170.00 PR. (6 TD against UNH)...all this in 6 Games
Just placed on Walter Payton watch-list

Player 2:
Jr WR Ryan Spadola---6'3'' 215--- Howell, NJ
9 TD, 48 Rec, 882 Rec. Yds[/u] (931 All-purpose), 18.4 yds/Rec!!!
Rumored to run a sub-4.40 forty yard dash.
One year left, keep an eye on this guy.

I know the fact its Patriot League raises A LOT of questions, but Lehigh is a #10 right now and only moving up. The QB Lum might not make it to a Pro team, but hes certainly putting up numbers that warrant a harder look. The WR Spadola, though... just look at his #'s and you should be intrigued. 9 TDs and nearly 150YPG through his first six games....plus hes big and VERY fast. Look for him in 2013.
ODUfanRazor
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: Razor Ramon

Post by ODUfanRazor »

Jonathan plisco from odu will punt in the NFL on Sundays. I believe he is leading the fcs yet again this year. Kid has a bazooka attatched to his foot. I think he had an 89 yard punt last year (not 100% on that).

Also, Eddie mcclam and Ronnie Cameron (formerly of hostra) both have a chance to be late round fliers or possible training camp invitees (much like Deron mayo was last year for the Denver broncos).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPlkCO8-O0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEUIG09pYE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjBwDdC59Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Die hippy scum.

Night posting......just posting, at night.

The greatest thing you will ever see:

http://www.monarchfans.com/index.php/co ... t-bazemore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Tribe4SF wrote:W&M possibilities.

LB Jake Trantin
RB Jonathan Grimes
QB Mike Paulus
What about your TE? Gott....something?
ODUfanRazor
Level1
Level1
A.K.A.: Razor Ramon

Post by ODUfanRazor »

Another interesting fact about Plisco......half of his punts have gone over 50 yards this year (16-32). I also think the only reason it isn't more is because sometimes we punt from near midfield and well, that limits it going over 50 now doesn't it.

He has been quite a weapon so far this year and has really helped us win the field position battle numerous times this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPlkCO8-O0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItEUIG09pYE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjBwDdC59Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Die hippy scum.

Night posting......just posting, at night.

The greatest thing you will ever see:

http://www.monarchfans.com/index.php/co ... t-bazemore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

lakesbison wrote:Whats highest pick for a FCS player?

Flacco?
The highest draft pick from a FCS school was back in the year 74 before the term FCS was used say hello to Tennesse St alum former Dallas Cowboy DE Ed "TOO TALL" Jones #1 overall and after him Alcorn St QB the late Steve Air McNair taken by the then Houston Oliers at #3 overall in the '95 draft
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

TXST RG DJ Hall may go as early as the 7th round (could be sooner or later). Kid was a 4 yr starter and has been on an AA team (post and pre) the last 3 yrs. Scouts were at 3 of our home games looking at him. Miami scout was there twice. One game there were 5 diff scouts checking him out.
Scout boards have him in the top 10 Center prospects(where scouts feel he will fit best in the NFL)

Just have to see what happens.
ODUalum11
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Monarchs, Gators, Huskies

Post by ODUalum11 »

ODUfanRazor wrote:Jonathan plisco from odu will punt in the NFL on Sundays. I believe he is leading the fcs yet again this year. Kid has a bazooka attatched to his foot. I think he had an 89 yard punt last year (not 100% on that).

Also, Eddie mcclam and Ronnie Cameron (formerly of hostra) both have a chance to be late round fliers or possible training camp invitees (much like Deron mayo was last year for the Denver broncos).
Plisco is only a junior so he won't leave ODU this year.

However, Cameron has a terrific shot at getting drafted this year...being the CAA Defensive Player of the Year alone should get him at least some consideration. Also I don't think McClam will get drafted but I see him getting invited to some NFL camps.

2013...I see Plisco (Punter) and Craig Wilkins (LB) for ODU.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Flacco?
Did Flacco go higher than Rodgers-Cromartie?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Flacco?
No DRC went 16th to Arizona and Flacco went 18th to Baltimore
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

eagleaddict01 wrote:Don't laugh just yet, but there are two players in the patriot league (insert laughter) that are putting up staggering numbers...against teams like UNH and Liberty. Both happen to be from Lehigh University, where the rookie starting LG for the Jaguars played last yr (will rackley).

Player 1:
Sr QB Chris Lum---6'2'' 205---Lake Orion, MI
23 TD, 9 INT, 68% CP, 170.00 PR. (6 TD against UNH)...all this in 6 Games
Just placed on Walter Payton watch-list

Player 2:
Jr WR Ryan Spadola---6'3'' 215--- Howell, NJ
9 TD, 48 Rec, 882 Rec. Yds[/u] (931 All-purpose), 18.4 yds/Rec!!!
Rumored to run a sub-4.40 forty yard dash.
One year left, keep an eye on this guy.

I know the fact its Patriot League raises A LOT of questions, but Lehigh is a #10 right now and only moving up. The QB Lum might not make it to a Pro team, but hes certainly putting up numbers that warrant a harder look. The WR Spadola, though... just look at his #'s and you should be intrigued. 9 TDs and nearly 150YPG through his first six games....plus hes big and VERY fast. Look for him in 2013.
18.4 yds per catch very impressive and he's a fellow NJ native to boot hopefully the GIants scouting department will have its eyes open and not let this guy slip through its fingers like Miles Austin did in '06
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

As stated before I hope Jackson St QB Casey Therriault gets to hear his name mentioned in the '12 draft he finished third in passing yds with 3,989 falling 11 yds short of 4,000.He reminds me of a bigger and stronger version of David Kreig both came from small school backgrounds.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

DJH wrote:You can probably put the whole NDSU class of '12 on the radar as well.
Will any of them be left after the 4th round?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

dal4018 wrote:

Flacco?
AZGrizFan wrote:
No DRC went 16th to Arizona and Flacco went 18th to Baltimore
Steve McNair was #3 in 1995. I'm guessing that's the highest, at least since I-AA was created.
rebla 49er
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The 49ers

Post by rebla 49er »

You won't hear many names called this year due to the explosion of money and resources in the FBS getting top recruits.

Brian Quick & a handful of defensive players.

:cry:
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
-Benjamin Franklin
BigSkyBears
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Northern Colorado

Post by BigSkyBears »

SmallCollegeFBFan wrote:
lakesbison wrote:NDSU DJ Mcnorton and DE Colton Boyer 6 4 260 DE are sure fire picks late.

Preston Evans and Matt Veldman 6 7 255 for his size alone at TE (and his dad played in nfl) have a shot as well.
McNorton and Veldman are considered free agent types right now. Evans is a CFL guy and Boyer is a great player but stiff so I doubt he gets more than a free agent look.
Where do you see Patrick Walker, from UNC? Probably a FA.