Raiders sign Russell

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
blackfordpu
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Sam Houston State

Raiders sign Russell

Post by blackfordpu »

Ending months of negotiations and a holdout that stretched to more than six weeks, the Oakland Raiders reached a contract agreement in principle with JaMarcus Russell, the former LSU quarterback who was the first overall selection in the 2007 draft, on Monday.

Russell
Barring any glitches, and contingent on formalities like him passing a physical exam, ESPN.com has confirmed that Russell will officially sign a six-year contract on Tuesday and should be on the field for the team's Wednesday practice.

There is still considerable work to be done, however, in terms of drawing up the contract, and a source close to the negotiations said late Monday that the two sides could still be working "very late into the night and maybe into [Tuesday] morning" to craft the precise language of the deal. ESPN.com has learned that Russell is still not in the Bay Area, and will not fly to Oakland until his representatives feel comfortable with all the details of the contract.

Sources said the contract, hammered out in four days of marathon face-to-face negotiations in the Bay Area, has a maximum value of $68 million.

The deal also includes $34.5 million in the first three years, an increase of about 65 percent over the first three seasons of the deal that Houston Texans defensive end Mario Williams, the top overall selection in the 2006 draft, will bank in his first three years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3013493
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Raiders sign Russell

Post by AZGrizFan »

He'll be another Akili Smith. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AppGuy04
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Appalachian State
A.K.A.: Resident Apphole

Post by AppGuy04 »

The Raiders need alot more help than him
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AppGuy04 wrote:The Raiders need alot more help than him
Boy howdy. :o
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I can't believe Swilly jacking his jaws about how Russell is going to make the Raiders 8-8 THIS YEAR. The dude has COMPLETELY missed camp, he has no OL to speak of, he has no running game, and no receivers. I don't believe that there are 8 wins to be had given this lineup no matter WHO the QB is. I'd say they'd be lucky to get 3....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.