Cost to keep Cardinal Ray Burke looking good - $30,000!

Political discussions
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Cost to keep Cardinal Ray Burke looking good - $30,000!

Post by D1B »

Jesus would have wanted him to look his gay, catholic best! :lol: :ohno: :dunce:

:ohno:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: Cost to keep Cardinal Ray Burke looking good - $30,000!

Post by JoltinJoe »

:loser:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Is his batting average higher than Alberts was?
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

Gil Dobie wrote:Is his batting average higher than Alberts was?

There are approximately 180 cardinals in the catholic church. That's $5.4 million just for their dresses and jewelry!

This is the "one true church of christ"? What would jesus really think of this absurdity?

Sick cult indeed.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

Wonder how much this dress cost the church? $50-$100,000? Maybe more?

This is what christ envisioned as the proper way to honor him? This is the one true church of christ? Right?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

D1B wrote:Jesus would have wanted him to look his gay, catholic best!
Why do you care homophobe?
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

89Hen wrote:
D1B wrote:Jesus would have wanted him to look his gay, catholic best!
Why do you care homophobe?
Gay is a compliment, related to fashion.

Most of the cardinals, priests and bishops are homosexual.

Now, how bout addressing the point of this thread? You think jesus would approve of such nonsense?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I stay out of the Catholic threads because they don't gain anything. But this one is one of the reasons I am no longer a practicing Catholic. When I was in college 20 years ago there was an article in a magazine about the money spent on the pope and the cardinals. It was astonishing what was spent on robes, gold handled razors, etc. Your local Catholic Church is probably a good place. The local priest may be a good person that cares about the members of his parish. He likely tends to the sick, visits the elderly, etc. I don't criticize anybody that wants to participate in their local church and support it. However the Catholic Church in Rome is so corrupt and out of touch it is saddening. And the worst part is they take money from the local churches to feed the insanity at the higher levels. The church can do it without my money and participation.

:twocents:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

D1B wrote:Image
That's a pretty interesting picture. What the story behind it?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

All other things aside, I don't think he looks like the typical depiction of Jesus. Just my opinion.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Yeah you're right. That does raise questions.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Yeah you guys are right about that pomp. Also the ritual. You know it's interesting. In many ways the Catholic Church is far more rational than most of the Protestant Christian churches. At least in my opinion. I'm talking about how they don't view the Bible as a literal history and how, at least in today's context, they are not hostile to science etc. (largely because their view of the Bible is not threatened by it like the views of many Protestant churches are).

But this kind of stuff. The robes etc. What the heck is that?

Of course, in the secular world, we in the United States still put judges in robes and have all kinds of pomp about that. Maybe not quite as much. Maybe it's not as gaudy.

But still...in the 21st Century...why do we put judges in robes and bow down to them as though they're deities or something. "All rise" and that kind of crap. They're just civil servants.
Could I ever be a star?

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah you guys are right about that pomp. Also the ritual. You know it's interesting. In many ways the Catholic Church is far more rational than most of the Protestant Christian churches. At least in my opinion. I'm talking about how they don't view the Bible as a literal history and how, at least in today's context, they are not hostile to science etc. (largely because their view of the Bible is not threatened by it like the views of many Protestant churches are).

Of course, in the secular world, we in the United States still put judges in robes and have all kinds of pomp about that. Maybe not quite as much. Maybe it's not as gaudy.

But still...in the 21st Century...why do we put judges in robes and bow down to them as though they're deities or something. "All rise" and that kind of crap. They're just civil servants.
Old (read: British) habits die hard, I guess. Some federal judges are still officially titled 'magistrate', for example.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Grizalltheway wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Yeah you guys are right about that pomp. Also the ritual. You know it's interesting. In many ways the Catholic Church is far more rational than most of the Protestant Christian churches. At least in my opinion. I'm talking about how they don't view the Bible as a literal history and how, at least in today's context, they are not hostile to science etc. (largely because their view of the Bible is not threatened by it like the views of many Protestant churches are).

Old (read: British) habits die hard, I guess. Some federal judges are still officially titled 'magistrate', for example.
There are plenty of state judges with that moniker.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

∞∞∞ wrote:
It's important to keep Joltin Joe and the adult catholic morons in awe too. The children are already taken care of with willing parents forcing the bullshit down their throats from birth and forcing them into human sacrifice cult rituals like baptism, confirmation and first communion.

They hoodwink adults in many ways, from threatening them that they will go to hell if they don't do what the church (not jesus) tell them to to the pomp and spectacle of the Vatican and large cathedrals to the BS creations of the Catholic Saint Factory.

The picture is a creepy cardinal parading the skull of St. Stanislaus - the patron saint of moral order! :rofl: - to the confused but adoring polish catholic throng that appears to have an average age above 60. :coffee: Europe is sick and tired of the church and we'll be soon to follow.

andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

D1B wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:
It's important to keep Joltin Joe and the adult catholic morons in awe too. The children are already taken care of with willing parents forcing the bullshit down their throats from birth and forcing them into human sacrifice cult rituals like baptism, confirmation and first communion.

They hoodwink adults in many ways, from threatening them that they will go to hell if they don't do what the church (not jesus) tell them to to the pomp and spectacle of the Vatican and large cathedrals to the BS creations of the Catholic Saint Factory.

The picture is a creepy cardinal parading the skull of St. Stanislaus - the patron saint of moral order! :rofl: - to the confused but adoring polish catholic throng that appears to have an average age above 60. :coffee: Europe is sick and tired of the church and we'll be soon to follow.

You can't hold the rest of us accountable for what the Pollocks do! THEY ARE POLISH! :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I'm not a religious dude, but isn't it against Christianity to keep human remains as relics?
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

∞∞∞ wrote:I'm not a religious dude, but isn't it against Christianity to keep human remains as relics?
Isn't the definition of relic, remains of a dead person?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:I'm not a religious dude, but isn't it against Christianity to keep human remains as relics?
I always found it weird that each church (until Vatican II) had bones or some relic at the altar.
Throughout its history and still today, the Catholic Church has affirmed the usefulness and appropriateness of venerating relics of the saints. Important Catholic proclamations on relics include the following:

As Augustine says (De Civ. Dei i, 13): "If a father's coat or ring, or anything else of that kind, is so much more cherished by his children, as love for one's parents is greater, in no way are the bodies themselves to be despised, which are much more intimately and closely united to us than any garment; for they belong to man's very nature." It is clear from this that he who has a certain affection for anyone, venerates whatever of his is left after his death, not only his body and the parts thereof, but even external things, such as his clothes, and such like. Now it is manifest that we should show honor to the saints of God, as being members of Christ, the children and friends of God, and our intercessors.
Wherefore in memory of them we ought to honor any relics of theirs in a fitting manner: principally their bodies, which were temples, and organs of the Holy Ghost dwelling and operating in them, and are destined to be likened to the body of Christ by the glory of the Resurrection. Hence God Himself fittingly honors such relics by working miracles at their presence. (St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica)
http://www.religionfacts.com/christiani ... relics.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

What does the Bible say though? The closest I found on Google is...
Matthew 23:27

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.
...which kinda seems like the Church and many other religious institutions today.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

∞∞∞ wrote:What does the Bible say though? The closest I found on Google is...
Matthew 23:27

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.
...which kinda seems like the Church and many other religious institutions today.
It's a parable, trip. And one I think bolsters HI54's post earlier about the Church in Rome compared to local parrishes.

As far as relics are concerned. On a 1-10 scale with 10 being most creepy. I find them a 11.5.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
There are plenty of state judges with that moniker.
Whatever. You get the point. :tothehand:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

andy7171 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:What does the Bible say though? The closest I found on Google is...

It's a parable, trip. And one I think bolsters HI54's post earlier about the Church in Rome compared to local parrishes.

As far as relics are concerned. On a 1-10 scale with 10 being most creepy. I find them a 11.5.
Andy, with some exception, your parrish priests are a milder version of their Vatican Lords. Your priests live in luxury, drive expensive cars, eat at fine restaurants and spend tens of thousands of your dollars on dresses, jewelry, art and stupid nicnaks. They take long,opulent vacations, travel to exotic locales for gay sex excursions, and have the best healthcare and retirement benefits.

Jesus would hate these fucks.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

D1B wrote:
andy7171 wrote: It's a parable, trip. And one I think bolsters HI54's post earlier about the Church in Rome compared to local parrishes.

Andy, with some exception, your parrish priests are a milder version of their Vatican Lords. Your priests live in luxury, drive expensive cars, eat at fine restaurants and spend tens of thousands of your dollars on dresses, jewelry, art and stupid nicnaks. They take long,opulent vacations, travel to exotic locales for gay sex excursions, and have the best healthcare and retirement benefits.

Jesus would hate these fucks.
My pastor lives in a one bedroom apartment above the rectory between the old school and the new school buildings, drives a '05 white Taurus and is spotted eating at the Double T Diner down the street. :lol: Also makes $30K. :|
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote: My pastor lives in a one bedroom apartment above the rectory between the old school and the new school buildings, drives a '05 white Taurus and is spotted eating at the Double T Diner down the street. :lol: Also makes $30K. :|
You have to be lying - D1B said it's not so. How could he be wrong? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation