USA! USA! USA!

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

USA! USA! USA!

Post by coastal89 »

USA 23
Japan 20

USA wins the Gold

Placement kicker/ punter Cragi Coffin nailed a 23-yard field goal in overtime tie-breaker as the United States grabbed its first title in its first appearance in the Final of the 3rd IFAF World Championships with the 23-20 victory over the host and two-time defending champion Japan on Sunday afternoon at Todoroki Stadium.

Running back Kyle Kasperbauer ran for 54yards and two touchdowns and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

http://wc2007.info/777/stats/stats09.html
NDSUFREAK
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Chupacabra

Re: USA! USA! USA!

Post by NDSUFREAK »

3 point win......thats it?
ASU Kep
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASU Kep »

NDSUFREAK wrote:3 point win......thats it?
I remember reading the roster for our USA team a few months back. The vast majority of our guys were college D-II, D-III, and actually a few FCS'ers against the absolute top athletes available from the other countries. I assume we did this to make things (sorta) fair. If we had send the Colts, I don't think anybody else would have had the balls to show up.
ASU Kep

Post by ASU Kep »

As a side note though, I remember reading that the NFL is actually followed quite a bit in Japan these days. Thats why we're strarting to see more NFL kickoff games being done over there and stuff. It'd be exciting if the rest of the world finally got into the REAL football :twisted: and we could actually send our very best to compete. It's just like when basketball began to get popular outside the U.S., hopefully.
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Post by ChetSteadman »

ASU Kep wrote:As a side note though, I remember reading that the NFL is actually followed quite a bit in Japan these days. Thats why we're strarting to see more NFL kickoff games being done over there and stuff. It'd be exciting if the rest of the world finally got into the REAL football :twisted: and we could actually send our very best to compete. It's just like when basketball began to get popular outside the U.S., hopefully.

Could you imagine if we sent a real "dream team" for one of these competitions? Send either conference's Pro Bowl roster and we would score over 100 before halftime. It wouldn't even be entertaining, nor would it be fair!
NDSUFREAK
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State
A.K.A.: Chupacabra

Post by NDSUFREAK »

BeauFoster wrote:
ASU Kep wrote:As a side note though, I remember reading that the NFL is actually followed quite a bit in Japan these days. Thats why we're strarting to see more NFL kickoff games being done over there and stuff. It'd be exciting if the rest of the world finally got into the REAL football :twisted: and we could actually send our very best to compete. It's just like when basketball began to get popular outside the U.S., hopefully.

Could you imagine if we sent a real "dream team" for one of these competitions? Send either conference's Pro Bowl roster and we would score over 100 before halftime. It wouldn't even be entertaining, nor would it be fair!
oh lord, that would be nuts! oyyyyy
ASU Kep

Post by ASU Kep »

NDSUFREAK wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
oh lord, that would be nuts! oyyyyy
You were probably about a year old, but I'll never forget the "Dream Team" from the 1992 summer Olympics. Good Lord, I think the closest another country came was like 30 points. It was an absolute slaughter...too bad the rest of the world has caught up to us lately, lol.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

I would've thought we would win big. Guess it's only a matter of time before other countries beat us in football just like hoops baseball.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Grizball
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The Mecca

Post by Grizball »

pretty sure the Griz' Dustin Dlouhy was on the team.
any other FCS players?
coastal89
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: CCU

Post by coastal89 »

Grizball wrote:pretty sure the Griz' Dustin Dlouhy was on the team.
any other FCS players?
Here's the roster
http://wc2007.info/teams/index_e2c.html
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Post by ChetSteadman »

ASU Kep wrote:You were probably about a year old, but I'll never forget the "Dream Team" from the 1992 summer Olympics. Good Lord, I think the closest another country came was like 30 points. It was an absolute slaughter...too bad the rest of the world has caught up to us lately, lol.

I remember watching most of those games. The difference between those teams and the current teams is that the players really wanted to play for the USA and wanted to win for the USA. They felt pride in donning the red, white, and blue. I don't think many of the players feel that anymore. And I don't think that they feel like they can be beaten. Plus, the rest of the world plays such fundamentally sound ball (not to mention d) that the US players don't know how to beat it. Put Duke (or another good college squad) out there, and it would be more competitive.
EPJr
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: VCU/A-10
A.K.A.: BigE

Post by EPJr »

NDSUFREAK wrote:3 point win......thats it?
The game was played in a monsoon and maybe should have been postponed.
http://www.a10talk.com/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/Atlantic10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://twitter.com/atlantic10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

coastal89 wrote:USA 23
Japan 20

USA wins the Gold

Placement kicker/ punter Cragi Coffin nailed a 23-yard field goal in overtime tie-breaker as the United States grabbed its first title in its first appearance in the Final of the 3rd IFAF World Championships with the 23-20 victory over the host and two-time defending champion Japan on Sunday afternoon at Todoroki Stadium.

Running back Kyle Kasperbauer ran for 54yards and two touchdowns and was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

http://wc2007.info/777/stats/stats09.html
That would be former Saluki Craig Coffin.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."