Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Shipping Migrants Inland

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:31 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:34 am

I guess since he doesn't vote he doesn't understand the procedure - but its possible he's just that dim
:ohno:

I’ve given you ample opportunity to connect the dots Mr Christmas…. Your reply totally ignores what’s going on and illustrates you’re living in the past

Visit a NYC DMV lately ?
Haven't been to NYC since a gig 25 years ago on A Praire Home Companion. Had a great time and the people were very friendly, not at all like their stereotype.
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:52 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:31 pm

:ohno:

I’ve given you ample opportunity to connect the dots Mr Christmas…. Your reply totally ignores what’s going on and illustrates you’re living in the past

Visit a NYC DMV lately ?
Haven't been to NYC since a gig 25 years ago on A Praire Home Companion. Had a great time and the people were very friendly, not at all like their stereotype.
CH says Hound is living in the past

Hound replies and says he went to NYC 25 years ago ….totally oblivious that NYC has changed

:lol:
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

That dawg won't hunt he's not sharp enough.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:32 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:52 am

CH says Hound is living in the past

Hound replies and says he went to NYC 25 years ago ….totally oblivious that NYC has changed

:lol:
CH asks if I've been to NYC recently. I answer.

CH chases laser pointer.
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

CH is the 70s UCLA teams and you are the Washington Generals
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Interesting facts. Spin away.
Key Findings
Undocumented immigrants paid $96.7 billion in federal, state, and local taxes in 2022. Most of that amount, $59.4 billion, was paid to the federal government while the remaining $37.3 billion was paid to state and local governments.

Undocumented immigrants paid federal, state, and local taxes of $8,889 per person in 2022. In other words, for every 1 million undocumented immigrants who reside in the country, public services receive $8.9 billion in additional tax revenue.

More than a third of the tax dollars paid by undocumented immigrants go toward payroll taxes dedicated to funding programs that these workers are barred from accessing. Undocumented immigrants paid $25.7 billion in Social Security taxes, $6.4 billion in Medicare taxes, and $1.8 billion in unemployment insurance taxes in 2022.
At the state and local levels, slightly less than half (46 percent, or $15.1 billion) of the tax payments made by undocumented immigrants are through sales and excise taxes levied on their purchases. Most other payments are made through property taxes, such as those levied on homeowners and renters (31 percent, or $10.4 billion), or through personal and business income taxes (21 percent, or $7.0 billion).

Six states raised more than $1 billion each in tax revenue from undocumented immigrants living within their borders. Those states are California ($8.5 billion), Texas ($4.9 billion), New York ($3.1 billion), Florida ($1.8 billion), Illinois ($1.5 billion), and New Jersey ($1.3 billion).

In a large majority of states (40), undocumented immigrants pay higher state and local tax rates than the top 1 percent of households living within their borders.

Income tax payments by undocumented immigrants are affected by laws that require them to pay more than otherwise similarly situated U.S. citizens. Undocumented immigrants are often barred from receiving meaningful tax credits and sometimes do not claim refunds they are owed due to lack of awareness, concern about their immigration status, or insufficient access to tax preparation assistance.
Providing access to work authorization for undocumented immigrants would increase their tax contributions both because their wages would rise and because their rates of tax compliance would increase. Under a scenario where work authorization is provided to all current undocumented immigrants, their tax contributions would rise by $40.2 billion per year to $136.9 billion. Most of the new revenue raised in this scenario ($33.1 billion) would flow to the federal government while the remainder ($7.1 billion) would flow to states and localities.
https://itep.org/undocumented-immigrants-taxes-2024/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:10 am Interesting facts. Spin away.
Key Findings
Undocumented immigrants paid $96.7 billion in federal, state, and local taxes in 2022. Most of that amount, $59.4 billion, was paid to the federal government while the remaining $37.3 billion was paid to state and local governments.

Undocumented immigrants paid federal, state, and local taxes of $8,889 per person in 2022. In other words, for every 1 million undocumented immigrants who reside in the country, public services receive $8.9 billion in additional tax revenue.

More than a third of the tax dollars paid by undocumented immigrants go toward payroll taxes dedicated to funding programs that these workers are barred from accessing. Undocumented immigrants paid $25.7 billion in Social Security taxes, $6.4 billion in Medicare taxes, and $1.8 billion in unemployment insurance taxes in 2022.
At the state and local levels, slightly less than half (46 percent, or $15.1 billion) of the tax payments made by undocumented immigrants are through sales and excise taxes levied on their purchases. Most other payments are made through property taxes, such as those levied on homeowners and renters (31 percent, or $10.4 billion), or through personal and business income taxes (21 percent, or $7.0 billion).

Six states raised more than $1 billion each in tax revenue from undocumented immigrants living within their borders. Those states are California ($8.5 billion), Texas ($4.9 billion), New York ($3.1 billion), Florida ($1.8 billion), Illinois ($1.5 billion), and New Jersey ($1.3 billion).

In a large majority of states (40), undocumented immigrants pay higher state and local tax rates than the top 1 percent of households living within their borders.

Income tax payments by undocumented immigrants are affected by laws that require them to pay more than otherwise similarly situated U.S. citizens. Undocumented immigrants are often barred from receiving meaningful tax credits and sometimes do not claim refunds they are owed due to lack of awareness, concern about their immigration status, or insufficient access to tax preparation assistance.
Providing access to work authorization for undocumented immigrants would increase their tax contributions both because their wages would rise and because their rates of tax compliance would increase. Under a scenario where work authorization is provided to all current undocumented immigrants, their tax contributions would rise by $40.2 billion per year to $136.9 billion. Most of the new revenue raised in this scenario ($33.1 billion) would flow to the federal government while the remainder ($7.1 billion) would flow to states and localities.
https://itep.org/undocumented-immigrants-taxes-2024/
Not facts. Skimmed after 1st sentence because there’s no such thing as ‘undocumented immigrants’ which is used about 10x in the article As far as that 96.7 billion in the 1st sentence lol:

(Nov 2023):
Border Crisis Costs American Taxpayers $451 Billion Annually

In a 49-page report released Monday, the House Committee on Homeland Security found that nearly half a trillion dollars is being lost in the healthcare, law enforcement, education, housing, and other sectors due to an influx of illegal immigration in the past two years. The $451 billion figure takes into account the millions of illegal migrants released by Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’s Department of Homeland Security, as well as 1.7 million so-called gotaways, the Center for Immigration Studies revealed in May.

“Only a small fraction is ever recouped from the taxes paid by illegal aliens, with the rest falling on the shoulders of American citizens and lawful residents,” it adds”…..

….Anywhere between 16.8 million and 29 million illegal aliens currently live in the U.S., according to data provided by the Federation for American Immigration Reform and Yale University. Since President Joe Biden assumed office in January 2021, at least 3.8 million illegal aliens have entered the country…”
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/bor ... rt-claims/

You don’t need a report to tell you this. Just listen to the officials in democrat sanctuary cities all iver the country. Simple: If illegal aliens overall were good for the economy, you wouldn’t have sanctuary cities all over the country complaining about illegal aliens draining their coffers to the tune of tems of billions a year.. Ex NYC alone is claiming illegals are costing them 4-5 BILLIION annually. NYC is getting more illegals than any other city, but they are only getting a fraction of the overall total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.