MLB.TV

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

MLB.TV

Post by 93henfan »

Anyone have it? Thoughts?

As I'm moving out of market and still want to watch the Phils, I'm seriously considering getting the premium subscription.

Also, I'm looking to set up Netflix streaming and all that other happy horseshit via my Macbook Pro to an HDTV. Any Mac users out there using Apple TV? Thoughts on that as well?

Just trying to figure out the best way to get with the times on technology and shit. Thanks! :thumb:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Re: MLB.TV

Post by DJH »

MLBtv works really well, and is generally really great quality. I stream it through my PS3, and I love it for the most part. You can watch any game at any time, and all games are archived. I really like the feature this year where you are able to view stats during the game.

Problem is all the ridiculous blackout rules still apply.

It is really frustrating when here in Iowa, I cannot watch Cubs, Sox, Brewers, Cards, Twins, or Royals games because of the primitive blackout rules. (we only get cubs/sox games as regional coverage, so its pretty much impossible to watch the games of the other teams I listed.)
UNI FIGHT
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

DJH wrote:MLBtv works really well, and is generally really great quality. I stream it through my PS3, and I love it for the most part. You can watch any game at any time, and all games are archived. I really like the feature this year where you are able to view stats during the game.

Problem is all the ridiculous blackout rules still apply.

It is really frustrating when here in Iowa, I cannot watch Cubs, Sox, Brewers, Cards, Twins, or Royals games because of the primitive blackout rules. (we only get cubs/sox games as regional coverage, so its pretty much impossible to watch the games of the other teams I listed.)
On any given night Iowa is blacked out of up to 40% of MLB games.

Which is rediculous due to the fact the fandom in Iowa is split like this

90% Cubs, 5% Twins, 3% Cardinals, 1% White Sox, .5% Millawaukee, .5% Kansas City.

The only place the Cubs probably don't own the entire regions fanbase is north of Highway 18 in northern Iowa (which means the cities are at most 20 miles or so from Minnesota), and the very extreme corners where the Brewer, Royal, and Card fans are at.
Last edited by clenz on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's awesome. I love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Only blacked out for Reds and Braves here. Have more baseball than I could ever want to watch.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:It's awesome. I love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Only blacked out for Reds and Braves here. Have more baseball than I could ever want to watch.
Why are you blacked out for the Reds?

So typed in my new zipcode, and only the Natinals and Orioles are blacked out. No harm, no foul! :thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

93henfan wrote:
I have absolutely no idea. Makes no sense, really.

But, also mean I very rarely even notice they're blacked out for me. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Big McLargehuge
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Big McLargehuge »

I love it, best of the streaming league services at this point. The quality is top-notch.

Only team blocked out here is Seattle.
Pittsburgh Penguins|Pittsburgh Steelers|Pittsburgh Pirates
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I have absolutely no idea. Makes no sense, really.

But, also mean I very rarely even notice they're blacked out for me. :thumb:

It may or may not have something to do with what cable provides. The Reds are carried here in Asheville on one of the Sports South channels.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Well, you guys convinced me. I'll definitely be getting an MLB.TV premium subscription.

Now the next question: NFL Sunday Ticket

It looks like you have to have a basic subscription to DirecTV to even entertain getting Sunday Ticket? Is that correct? No chance at just getting an online streaming package? It looks like to get their Sunday Ticket On-The-Go, you have to pay for that, the regular Sunday Ticket, and the basic DirecTV package. You're well over $100/month, whereas MLB.TV is $79 for a full year.

Youch. Guess I'll be sports barring it.