The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34421
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: The Official

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:41 pm

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I’m not an atheist so I don’t know what you’re taking about.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well, you sure aren’t a fan of Jesus.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: The Official

Postby Chizzang » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:08 pm

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:
Well, you sure aren’t a fan of Jesus.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes me an atheist because I don’t believe in something you do? Wow. That sounds like something a liberal would say. For shame.



The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23092
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: The Official

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:That makes me an atheist because I don’t believe in something you do? Wow. That sounds like something a liberal would say. For shame.



The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image

Like clockwork: Chizzang’s obligatory obeisance to the Bhagwan Sam Harris. 8-)
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12918
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Official

Postby GannonFan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:That makes me an atheist because I don’t believe in something you do? Wow. That sounds like something a liberal would say. For shame.



The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Wait, so if no one knows, how do you know that they're BS? You're contradicting yourself in just one sentence.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18019
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: The Official

Postby Chizzang » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:38 pm

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Wait, so if no one knows, how do you know that they're BS? You're contradicting yourself in just one sentence.


:lol:

The implication of my statement is "opinion"
I make no claims as a matter of fact - I know that's confusing for you
but my closing statement sums it up pretty clearly as opinion (see how that works?)

1) Make a statement
2) follow it with a strong observation
3) Use a personal example
4) close with a summary

You'll want to write that down since you find it so baffling
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42282
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official

Postby kalm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 am

Winterborn wrote:
93henfan wrote:
My current plan is to retire in WV, but it'll be deeper into Almost Heaven than Harper's Ferry.

Btw, I was just there in June with my kiddos and the traffic was a bitch. That alarmed me. I don't want to be near people when I retire. I hate people.


You would fit in just right out in my neck of the prairie.

Plenty of space and next to no people. :D

Occasionally we do stuff like this for fun.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/tannerite-takes-out-grain-silo-with-one-epic-shot-and-the-best-quote-ever/


Thats awesome! They don't know how much fun we have out in the fly over...

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52982
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: The Official

Postby 93henfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 am

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
You would fit in just right out in my neck of the prairie.

Plenty of space and next to no people. :D

Occasionally we do stuff like this for fun.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/tannerite-takes-out-grain-silo-with-one-epic-shot-and-the-best-quote-ever/


Thats awesome! They don't know how much fun we have out in the fly over...



On the east coast, that much tannerite or that much large machinery would make you a domestic terrorist and land you in federal PMITA prison.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Postby Winterborn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:20 am

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
You would fit in just right out in my neck of the prairie.

Plenty of space and next to no people. :D

Occasionally we do stuff like this for fun.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/tannerite-takes-out-grain-silo-with-one-epic-shot-and-the-best-quote-ever/


Thats awesome! They don't know how much fun we have out in the fly over...

Love demo derbies!

There is a nearby town that I still think puts on a combine demolition derby every year. Though they may have discontinued it due to running out of combines.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: The Official

Postby Winterborn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:40 am

93henfan wrote:
On the east coast, that much tannerite or that much large machinery would make you a domestic terrorist and land you in federal PMITA prison.


Some people have no concept of fun.... :ohno:

Tannerite is a good tool for removing stumps or beaver dams. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52982
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: The Official

Postby 93henfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:43 am

Winterborn wrote:
93henfan wrote:
On the east coast, that much tannerite or that much large machinery would make you a domestic terrorist and land you in federal PMITA prison.


Some people have no concept of fun.... :ohno:

Tannerite is a good tool for removing stumps or beaver dams. :thumb:


You can't even own a suppressor in Delaware, even if you have the stamp. Reason #5,873 while I'll be relocating when I retire.

Apparently preservation of hearing is dangerous.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" - the democrats

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5760
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Postby UNI88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 am

93henfan wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Some people have no concept of fun.... :ohno:

Tannerite is a good tool for removing stumps or beaver dams. :thumb:


You can't even own a suppressor in Delaware, even if you have the stamp. Reason #5,873 while I'll be relocating when I retire.

Apparently preservation of hearing is dangerous.
It's for the environment. It helps reduce (noise) pollution.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33263
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: The Official

Postby 89Hen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:50 am

kalm wrote:Thats awesome! They don't know how much fun we have out in the fly over...


Am I the only one waiting for one of those to flip over and kill the driver? No way I do that without a roll bar. 8-)
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Nobody cares about it day to day but here's a reminder of the fact that the Republicans were full of it when they were saying the tax cut would not cause budget issues:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/us-bu ... in-october

Revenues in October fell 2.8% to $245.2 billion from the same month a year ago. One revenue category that showed a big increase was tariffs on imports, which totaled $8 billion, up 39% from a year ago.


I downloaded the Excel file available at https://fiscal.treasury.gov/reports-sta ... rrent.html. I did a line of best fit thing to get the trend for the start of the Obama Administration through when the tax cut became effective. I calculated that if the trend had simply continued we'd have gotten about $574 billion more in revenues through October 2019 than we did.

SURPRISE: The tax cuts are associated with a decline in the rate of revenue growth. That's the same thing that happened with the Reagan tax cuts. But I'm sure Republicans will keep telling people the same old thing every time.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12918
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby GannonFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
I downloaded the Excel file available at https://fiscal.treasury.gov/reports-sta ... rrent.html. I did a line of best fit thing to get the trend for the start of the Obama Administration through when the tax cut became effective. I calculated that if the trend had simply continued we'd have gotten about $574 billion more in revenues through October 2019 than we did.


Dude, you are a flat out wacko. You didn't even include the r squared value so how do we even know if your line was legit? :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5760
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby UNI88 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:06 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:Nobody cares about it day to day but here's a reminder of the fact that the Republicans were full of it when they were saying the tax cut would not cause budget issues:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/us-bu ... in-october

Revenues in October fell 2.8% to $245.2 billion from the same month a year ago. One revenue category that showed a big increase was tariffs on imports, which totaled $8 billion, up 39% from a year ago.


I downloaded the Excel file available at https://fiscal.treasury.gov/reports-sta ... rrent.html. I did a line of best fit thing to get the trend for the start of the Obama Administration through when the tax cut became effective. I calculated that if the trend had simply continued we'd have gotten about $574 billion more in revenues through October 2019 than we did.

SURPRISE: The tax cuts are associated with a decline in the rate of revenue growth. That's the same thing that happened with the Reagan tax cuts. But I'm sure Republicans will keep telling people the same old thing every time.


I'm not a fan of the Trump tax cuts but raising or lowering taxes is not done in a vacuum or a sterile lab environment where you can state with absolute certainty that they had x impact.

The rate of revenue growth declined under Reagan, what happened to actual revenue raised?

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 pm

GannonFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I downloaded the Excel file available at https://fiscal.treasury.gov/reports-sta ... rrent.html. I did a line of best fit thing to get the trend for the start of the Obama Administration through when the tax cut became effective. I calculated that if the trend had simply continued we'd have gotten about $574 billion more in revenues through October 2019 than we did.


Dude, you are a flat out wacko. You didn't even include the r squared value so how do we even know if your line was legit? :rofl:


The r2 value is 0.237; which means the correlation coefficient is 0.487. It is highly significant at p <0.0001. But why would you doubt that there is always a trend whereby revenues increase over time? I mean over any reasonably long time frame.

And that's where Republicans do their trick. They say "Revenues increased after the Reagan tax cuts!" for instance. What they don't tell you is that the RATE of increase declined.

I do not dispute the basic principle associated with the Laffer curve. However, the effect of tax cutting taxes depends on where we are on that curve when the taxes are cut. And, during the past 40 years or so, it's been pretty clear that we have been at a point on the curve where cutting taxes brings us less revenue than we otherwise would've gotten.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12918
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby GannonFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:18 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Dude, you are a flat out wacko. You didn't even include the r squared value so how do we even know if your line was legit? :rofl:


The r2 value is 0.237; which means the correlation coefficient is 0.487. It is highly significant at p <0.0001. But why would you doubt that there is always a trend whereby revenues increase over time? I mean over any reasonably long time frame.


You're like a p-hacker. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Promises made, promises kept. Oh wait:

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pr ... in-8-years

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028524507

Such broadsides would soon turn into the promise that he could do a better job. He said as a presidential candidate in 2016 that he would completely eliminate the national debt within eight years, though the US has moved the opposite direction since then as spending steadily outpaced receipts.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Oh and Mexico was going to pay for the wall.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51152
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Official

Postby AZGrizFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:That makes me an atheist because I don’t believe in something you do? Wow. That sounds like something a liberal would say. For shame.



The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51123
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:23 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:

Both sides are claiming knowledge. They are a POX


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official

Postby SeattleGriz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image

Like clockwork: Chizzang’s obligatory obeisance to the Bhagwan Sam Harris. 8-)


Oh my Lord. I laughed over the Bhagwan. I grew up in NC Montana and had 9 kids in my senior class, BUT, my science teacher was a Bhagwan adherent.

Good times.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:54 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:Oh and Mexico was going to pay for the wall.


They did. Maths already proved it.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Postby SDHornet » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:24 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:

ZING!!!

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16721
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official

Postby houndawg » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:58 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The great thing about Religion is they they are all basically total bullsh!t...
nobody really knows - a lot of folks pretend to know - but nobody knows

:lol:

I've explained my beliefs to people and gotten some hearty laughs
the whole thing is just whatever makes you feel good

Image


Lol. Kind of like what the Dems are doing in this impeachment sham. Pretending to know things that they do not know....did not hear....but are CERTAIN happened. :lol:


If things hadn't happened this would all be over by now because there wouldn't be anything to hide and the target of the investigation wouldn't have done everything in his power to obstruct the investigation every inch of the way. Smoke. Fire. Tick. Tock.
Subvert the dominant paradigm


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kalm, UNI88 and 160 guests