2019 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: 2019 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby TheDancinMonarch » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Goddamn NASCAR. They could have gotten the race started at around 11 PM last night or or 11 AM today. The weather (weather.com, accuweather.com) for the worst threat of rain between 2-4 PM. 1 PM start was idiotic. Sure enough 3:15 they have to stop the race due to an approaching thunderstorm. Just like I predicted. Now gonna be here all damn evening.
Some people mentioned women’s soccer. That’s ridiculous. Different network, and most NASCAR fans don’t watch women’s soccer.

They’ve called for people to evacuated the stands due to approaching t-storm even though not raining yet. **** them. I’m staying right here along with thousands of other people. Still have plenty of beer.

This is why I quit NASCAR after 40+ years of attending races. It became a **** chore. All they care about is the TV audience and how many commercials they can show.

F1: 1.5 hours, rain or shine, and then you hit the exits. Commercial-free on TV. Can't wait for SIlverstone next week. Great track.

I don't know about the TV audience. The incessant babbling by Earnhardt Jr., Letarte, and Burton will drive away the last 17 fans. I mean could we just have 5 seconds of silence every once in a while? And not one of them has a voice appropriate for what is essentially a radio broadcast. They are like 3 old gabby women!

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby clenz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Haven't read a single post in this thread since my last

Came across formula E by accident this AM on YouTube. Watched a couple intro to FE videos and have since watched every single race if this season today.

Even happen to randomly find today's race live on Fox

Formula E is pretty great. Much better than F1 IMO.

Maybe it was talked about earlier in the thread. I don't know

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:59 am

Formula E is the Beyond Burger of racing.

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: RE: Re: 2019 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby clenz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:37 am

93henfan wrote:Formula E is the Beyond Burger of racing.
I prefer action in a race. Not 2 hours of follow the leader.

The Gen 2 E cars are a massive upgrade from what I can tell. Yesterday's race in NYC had more action than I've seen in any of the F1s I've seen combined.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:49 am

You can always manufacturer competition. See NASCAR.

F1 is pure capitalism. Survival of the fittest. Most R&D, best car design, best power unit is going to win. Don't like it, do your work and beat them. The funniest thing is the NY Yankees of F1, Ferrari, are getting schooled by MB and RB right now. Love it.

Btw, the Austrian GP had tons of passing. Great race. France, the race before, was dreadful. It happens.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:57 am

Btw, it's time for Silverstone. :notworthy:

If I'm healthy, I may go there next year.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 am

93henfan wrote:Btw, it's time for Silverstone. :notworthy:

If I'm healthy, I may go there next year.

Mercedez takes 1-2 but other than that is was a pretty interesting race to watch. Full track caution really bailed out Hamilton as I think there were going to have some pit issues with pretty much every other team undercutting them. Vettle rear ended Verstappen late in the race, otherwise Red Bull probably lands on the podium. Lot of passing and action in the "best of the rest" grouping.

Oh and Williams didn't finish ass last in this one...thanks to 3 cars retiring (Haas and the non-Kimi Alpha Romeo car)

Return to “Other Sports”