NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Pick one from each game

Poll ended at Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 am

Game 1 - Colts @
4
7%
Game 1 - Chiefs
11
18%
Game 2 - Cowboys @
4
7%
Game 2 - Rams
11
18%
Game 3 - Chargers @
9
15%
Game 3 - Patriots
6
10%
Game 4 - Eagles @
3
5%
Game 4 - Saints
12
20%
 
Total votes: 60

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm

93henfan wrote:Sometimes people are easily swayed by buzz. The Chargers had a lot of buzz this season.

But sometimes you have to take a step back and give yourself a dose of reality.

Who the f*** are the Chargers really? They're Philip Rivers and a bunch of nobodies. And they were going to Foxboro to play Brady and Belichick on a week's rest.

That was the easiest pick I made this weekend. Chargers had no shot to win this game. Reality.


I was going to let this ^ slide but I can't...
The Chargers led the NFL in Pro Bowl selections
(let the sink in for a minuted before you continue)

and were selected by several NFL pundits to make the Super Bowl this year
The Chargers are loaded and were considered by many to be the most complete team in the NFL
second only to the Saints

I know you're an NFC guy...
But the Chargers are loaded

:nod:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51469
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Sometimes people are easily swayed by buzz. The Chargers had a lot of buzz this season.

But sometimes you have to take a step back and give yourself a dose of reality.

Who the f*** are the Chargers really? They're Philip Rivers and a bunch of nobodies. And they were going to Foxboro to play Brady and Belichick on a week's rest.

That was the easiest pick I made this weekend. Chargers had no shot to win this game. Reality.


I was going to let this ^ slide but I can't...
The Chargers led the NFL in Pro Bowl selections
(let the sink in for a minuted before you continue)

and were selected by several NFL pundits to make the Super Bowl this year
The Chargers are loaded and were considered by many to be the most complete team in the NFL
second only to the Saints

I know you're an NFC guy...
But the Chargers are loaded

:nod:


Not really. They got smoked today.

Some teams look good on paper.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:50 pm

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I was going to let this ^ slide but I can't...
The Chargers led the NFL in Pro Bowl selections
(let the sink in for a minuted before you continue)

and were selected by several NFL pundits to make the Super Bowl this year
The Chargers are loaded and were considered by many to be the most complete team in the NFL
second only to the Saints

I know you're an NFC guy...
But the Chargers are loaded

:nod:


Not really. They got smoked today.

Some teams look good on paper.


12-4 looks good on any paper
and there's no shame in getting beat by the Patriots

:ohno:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51469
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Not really. They got smoked today.

Some teams look good on paper.


12-4 looks good on any paper
and there's no shame in getting beat by the Patriots

:ohno:


OK. I gave you the last word. I don't need to argue this one.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 42186
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby dbackjon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:55 pm

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
12-4 looks good on any paper
and there's no shame in getting beat by the Patriots

:ohno:


OK. I gave you the last word. I don't need to argue this one.



Why not? What else do you have to do?
Image
Image

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Grizalltheway » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:
OK. I gave you the last word. I don't need to argue this one.



Why not? What else do you have to do?

H&B

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51469
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby 93henfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 pm

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:
OK. I gave you the last word. I don't need to argue this one.



Why not? What else do you have to do?


I get tired of kicking Chizzang's ass. He can win one. I don't like demoralizing people. I'm no Trump.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm

93henfan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Why not? What else do you have to do?


I get tired of kicking Chizzang's ass. He can win one. I don't like demoralizing people. I'm no Trump.


The team that leads the entire NFL in Pro Bowl selections has a bunch of "nobodies"
Went 12-4 / won as many road playoff games as the Eagles
and they suck...

:shock:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11544
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby SDHornet » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I get tired of kicking Chizzang's ass. He can win one. I don't like demoralizing people. I'm no Trump.


The team that leads the entire NFL in Pro Bowl selections has a bunch of "nobodies"
Went 12-4 / won as many road playoff games as the Eagles
and they suck...

:shock:

Yes, the Chargers suck.


It's important to keep in mind this is coming from a former Charger fan.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:42 pm

SDHornet wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The team that leads the entire NFL in Pro Bowl selections has a bunch of "nobodies"
Went 12-4 / won as many road playoff games as the Eagles
and they suck...

:shock:

Yes, the Chargers suck.


It's important to keep in mind this is coming from a former Charger fan.



Man... tough crowd

:lol:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:23 am

SuperHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I can’t believe you **** voted against Tom Brady.


**** traitors to the greatest QB and team of the 21st Century.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll STILL take Danny White over Brady...any day of the week....

Danny White can eat a bag of dicks.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:34 am

Chizzang wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I got this as well. I just don't see the Saints losing to Big Nick and the Iggles.


And of course, the Pats have already delivered their bribe money so they're guaranteed to win. :coffee:


Um...
I think the Chargers win by 10+
The Patriots have struggled against teams with real defenses

:nod:

You thought...incorrectly. Lost by 10+. :mrgreen:










Yes - I'm well aware the Colts lost. I listened to that game on my way home Saturday. I was hoping this would be Luck's year.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49774
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:35 am

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Sometimes people are easily swayed by buzz. The Chargers had a lot of buzz this season.

But sometimes you have to take a step back and give yourself a dose of reality.

Who the f*** are the Chargers really? They're Philip Rivers and a bunch of nobodies. And they were going to Foxboro to play Brady and Belichick on a week's rest.

That was the easiest pick I made this weekend. Chargers had no shot to win this game. Reality.


I was going to let this ^ slide but I can't...
The Chargers led the NFL in Pro Bowl selections
(let the sink in for a minuted before you continue)

and were selected by several NFL pundits to make the Super Bowl this year
The Chargers are loaded and were considered by many to be the most complete team in the NFL
second only to the Saints

I know you're an NFC guy...
But the Chargers are loaded

:nod:


After yesterday's lost, I bet they are loaded. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Those So Cal boys couldn't hang with the Pats in the NE winter.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51469
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 am

On the Chargers very first drive and very first pass, Rivers hit one of his receivers deep, square on his hands.

Ball was dropped.

It was the textbook case of not being ready for the cold.

Southern/Western/dome teams go to Foxboro to die. Joe Flacco and the cold-weather Ravens are the only to go up there and win two playoff games against Belichick in Foxboro. The Jets did it once. Both cold-weather teams. Belichick won the other 20 playoff games at Foxboro.

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby css75 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

I am thrilled we don’t have to hear about Foles leading another SB team. I have to go with the NFC this year, cannot stand Chefs or Pats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 am

93henfan wrote:On the Chargers very first drive and very first pass, Rivers hit one of his receivers deep, square on his hands.

Ball was dropped.

It was the textbook case of not being ready for the cold.

Southern/Western/dome teams go to Foxboro to die. Joe Flacco and the cold-weather Ravens are the only to go up there and win two playoff games against Belichick in Foxboro. The Jets did it once. Both cold-weather teams. Belichick won the other 20 playoff games at Foxboro.


The Charges scored on their opening drive...

:geek:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51469
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 am

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:On the Chargers very first drive and very first pass, Rivers hit one of his receivers deep, square on his hands.

Ball was dropped.

It was the textbook case of not being ready for the cold.

Southern/Western/dome teams go to Foxboro to die. Joe Flacco and the cold-weather Ravens are the only to go up there and win two playoff games against Belichick in Foxboro. The Jets did it once. Both cold-weather teams. Belichick won the other 20 playoff games at Foxboro.


The Charges scored on their opening drive...

:geek:


And were curbstomped in Foxboro, like every other Southern/Western/dome team that has played a playoff game there since Belichick was hired.

Next.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 21602
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Ivytalk » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:36 am

css75 wrote:I am thrilled we don’t have to hear about Foles leading another SB team. I have to go with the NFC this year, cannot stand Chefs or Pats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do you hate success? :?
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12221
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby GannonFan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:37 am

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
The Charges scored on their opening drive...

:geek:


And were curbstomped in Foxboro, like every other Southern/Western/dome team that has played a playoff game there since Belichick was hired.

Next.


Well, technically Rich Gannon and the west coast Raiders had the game won, in the night and snow even, back in something like '01 or so when they decided that Brady didn't fumble on that tuck rule. But that was back when the AFC had some depth to it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:49 pm

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
And were curbstomped in Foxboro, like every other Southern/Western/dome team that has played a playoff game there since Belichick was hired.

Next.

But that was back when the AFC had some depth to it.


Geeze the NFC bias must have a blinding effect...

Over the past 15 years
The AFC and the NFC each have had 5 different teams win the Super Bowl

NFC
Eagles / Seahawks / NY Giants / GB Packers / NO Saints
AFC
NE Patriots / Denver Broncos / Baltimore Ravens / Steelers / Colts

:geek:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1658
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby css75 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
css75 wrote:I am thrilled we don’t have to hear about Foles leading another SB team. I have to go with the NFC this year, cannot stand Chefs or Pats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do you hate success? :?


Don’t hate success,just the Chiefs and Pats.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15358
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby SuperHornet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Ibanez wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
I'll STILL take Danny White over Brady...any day of the week....

Danny White can eat a bag of [bleep].


Where did THAT come from, Mark?

:ohno:
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12221
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby GannonFan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 am

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote: But that was back when the AFC had some depth to it.


Geeze the NFC bias must have a blinding effect...

Over the past 15 years
The AFC and the NFC each have had 5 different teams win the Super Bowl

NFC
Eagles / Seahawks / NY Giants / GB Packers / NO Saints
AFC
NE Patriots / Denver Broncos / Baltimore Ravens / Steelers / Colts

:geek:


Talk about trying to lie through statistics - do you touch your significant other with the fingers that just typed that post? For shame!

There's no getting around that the AFC, using your timeframe of the past 15 years, is much more top heavy than the NFC has been. Sure, each conference has had 5 different teams WIN a Super Bowl in that time. What you failed to mention is that the AFC has only had those 5 teams actually represent the AFC in the past 15 years. 15 years, 5 teams winning the conference championship, with only Baltimore just being there once in the timeframe. In the same timeframe, there have been 10 (2x as many) NFC teams representing in the Super Bowl. Heck, if you look at the longest droughts without a playoff win, 5 of the 6 longest droughts belong to AFC teams (Bengals, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders) and among those six teams, the NFC team in that list (the Lions) have the most playoff losses (9) meaning that at least they're getting to the playoffs more than the others. There's no comparison, the AFC is extremely top heavy, in your past 15 years, when compared with the NFC.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11544
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby SDHornet » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote: But that was back when the AFC had some depth to it.


Geeze the NFC bias must have a blinding effect...

Over the past 15 years
The AFC and the NFC each have had 5 different teams win the Super Bowl

NFC
Eagles / Seahawks / NY Giants / GB Packers / NO Saints
AFC
NE Patriots / Denver Broncos / Baltimore Ravens / Steelers / Colts

:geek:

Change that to "geese" and you'll scare 93 away from this thread for good.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: NFL Divisional Round Pick 'Em

Postby Chizzang » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:04 pm

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Geeze the NFC bias must have a blinding effect...

Over the past 15 years
The AFC and the NFC each have had 5 different teams win the Super Bowl

NFC
Eagles / Seahawks / NY Giants / GB Packers / NO Saints
AFC
NE Patriots / Denver Broncos / Baltimore Ravens / Steelers / Colts

:geek:


Talk about trying to lie through statistics - do you touch your significant other with the fingers that just typed that post? For shame!

There's no getting around that the AFC, using your timeframe of the past 15 years, is much more top heavy than the NFC has been. Sure, each conference has had 5 different teams WIN a Super Bowl in that time. What you failed to mention is that the AFC has only had those 5 teams actually represent the AFC in the past 15 years. 15 years, 5 teams winning the conference championship, with only Baltimore just being there once in the timeframe. In the same timeframe, there have been 10 (2x as many) NFC teams representing in the Super Bowl. Heck, if you look at the longest droughts without a playoff win, 5 of the 6 longest droughts belong to AFC teams (Bengals, Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Raiders) and among those six teams, the NFC team in that list (the Lions) have the most playoff losses (9) meaning that at least they're getting to the playoffs more than the others. There's no comparison, the AFC is extremely top heavy, in your past 15 years, when compared with the NFC.


If by top you mean top 33% then sure... the AFC has mostly an unchanging top 3rd
If by top you mean tippy top - like winning it all - there's not much difference between the two

:nod:
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UNI88 and 15 guests