The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Political discussions
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23092
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 am

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Igor Fruman

The Sausage King of Chicago


I suggest you leave before I get snooty!

(Wife and I watched that the other night. It’s amazing it still holds up after all the times we’ve seen it.)

“I heard that you were feeling ill,
Headache, fever, and a chill,
I came here to restore your pluck,
‘Cause I’m the nurse who likes to...”
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:11 am

Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby css75 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:53 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.



Odds are he won’t.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12918
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby GannonFan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:43 pm

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Come on, those are weak. I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power. But we're not going to indict Presidents when they are done with their terms because, while in office, they cajoled other countries to do something they probably didn't want to do (the definition of extortion in your link) and tied it to aid or assistance or some other help of the US. You could frame almost all foreign policy as extortion if you lowered the definition that much.


So you are in the Trump did it for the benefit of the country camp. Gotcha.

And you’re ok with Hillary’s emails but if CID or Ibanez had done the same they’d rightfully go to jail.

Okee Dokee.

:lol:


Huh? Did you pull a muscle making that leap of illogic? It's so disconnected I think you actually responded to another post and mistakenly quoted my post. I think you need some rest. 8-)
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SDHornet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:Okay. Finally get to see if Adam Schiff allows himself to testify.

And to see if he will allow the "whistleblower" or the Biden kid to testify. Everyone should be on pins and needles regarding Schiff's decision on these two. :lol:

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12918
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby GannonFan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:56 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I don't think Trump's actions relative to Ukraine were good in any sense of the word - they were certainly an abuse of power.


Abuse of power is certainly impeachable.

Glad to see you in the impeachment camp. :clap: And, since you think Trump "certainly" abused his power... also in the conviction camp.


I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SDHornet » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Abuse of power is certainly impeachable.

Glad to see you in the impeachment camp. :clap: And, since you think Trump "certainly" abused his power... also in the conviction camp.


I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.

The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

...they don't so here we are. :coffee:

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51152
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby AZGrizFan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:41 pm

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.

The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

...they don't so here we are. :coffee:


100% accurate post right there by the guy from California.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby css75 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42282
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby kalm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:39 am

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
So you are in the Trump did it for the benefit of the country camp. Gotcha.

And you’re ok with Hillary’s emails but if CID or Ibanez had done the same they’d rightfully go to jail.

Okee Dokee.

:lol:


Huh? Did you pull a muscle making that leap of illogic? It's so disconnected I think you actually responded to another post and mistakenly quoted my post. I think you need some rest. 8-)


Just trying to figure out your reasoning....or lack there of.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42282
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby kalm » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:41 am

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I already said, given that the Senate will not remove him for this, that impeachment is the logical course as it's the biggest censure you can give. But I agree with what's going to happen, I wouldn't remove him for this, especially at this point. We're already in the middle of the election campaign, we'll be voting as a country whether he should be President again in less than a year. We've never had this before - an incumbent President, a candidate for re-election, being impeached. I'm not for removing him if this is the extent of what he did - I'm all for leaving it up to the voters to make that call. Abuse of power is a really, really broad term.

The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

...they don't so here we are. :coffee:


Yeah no, we should probably prosecute crimes regardless of political strategy or office.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21453
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:46 am

css75 wrote:Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Yes -

I have a lot of establishment Donk friends and they are all hopeful he will jump in

He would pull in the right combination of voters who go for electability and moderate Dems. He would also likely poach away many of Trump’s swing voters


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23092
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:42 am

CID1990 wrote:
css75 wrote:Does anyone think Bloomberg can snag the nomination? I would not rule out anything.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Yes -

I have a lot of establishment Donk friends and they are all hopeful he will jump in

He would pull in the right combination of voters who go for electability and moderate Dems. He would also likely poach away many of Trump’s swing voters


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloomberg is Biden’s age, and maybe a bit to Joe’s left politically, but he has by far the best business pedigree of any Democratic candidate. Moderates can be comfortable with him. If he was elected POTUS, he’d have the first “First Domestic Partner,” as he’s been living for about 20 years with a woman who was New York State banking commissioner. Also, he’s an honorary Knight of the British Empire. I haven’t heard of any ethical skeletons in his closet, but I’m sure Drumpf’s minions are working on that. He’d also be the first Jewish president. Duh.
Last edited by Ivytalk on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 am

Anyone read Vindmans testimony? Full of "I think", "believe" type statements, then he admits to telling the Ukrainians to ignore Trump. An NSC employee doing the opposite of what the President wanted.

His lawyer objects because you can see where the conversation is going.

Anyway, the understanding I get from his lawyer was that the line of questioning wasn't fair due to the type of setting or at least the original deposition?.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21453
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 am

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Yes -

I have a lot of establishment Donk friends and they are all hopeful he will jump in

He would pull in the right combination of voters who go for electability and moderate Dems. He would also likely poach away many of Trump’s swing voters


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloomberg is Biden’s age, and maybe a bit to Joe’s left politically, but he has by far the best business pedigree of any Democratic candidate. Moderates can be comfortable with him. If he was elected POTUS, he’d have the first “First Domestic Partner,” as he’s been living for about 20 years with a woman who was New York State banking commissioner. Also, he’s an honorary Knight of the British Empire. I haven’t heard of any ethical skeletons in his closet, but I’m sure Drumpf’s minions are working on that. He’d also be the first Jewish president. Duh.


The biggest difference between him and Biden is that he isn’t senile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12091
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SDHornet » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:11 pm

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote:The thing is if the donks actually had a viable candidate that could actually beat Trump then this whole impeachment debacle doesn't happen...

...they don't so here we are. :coffee:


Yeah no, we should probably prosecute crimes regardless of political strategy or office.

:lol:

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17557
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:00 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:Anyone read Vindmans testimony? Full of "I think", "believe" type statements, then he admits to telling the Ukrainians to ignore Trump. An NSC employee doing the opposite of what the President wanted.

His lawyer objects because you can see where the conversation is going.

Anyway, the understanding I get from his lawyer was that the line of questioning wasn't fair due to the type of setting or at least the original deposition?.


Do you seriously doubt that Trump was leveraging aid in an effort to harm the reputation of a political rival? I mean really. Be honest. To me all you need to do is look at the call summary Trump released. It was obvious.

The lengths to which Trump supporters will go do deny the obvious is amazing.

If people want to say "we don't care" or "that's not enough to impeach him" OK. I disagree but at least that's honest. This crap of trying to argue that he wasn't doing what he obviously was doing is absurd.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Anyone read Vindmans testimony? Full of "I think", "believe" type statements, then he admits to telling the Ukrainians to ignore Trump. An NSC employee doing the opposite of what the President wanted.

His lawyer objects because you can see where the conversation is going.

Anyway, the understanding I get from his lawyer was that the line of questioning wasn't fair due to the type of setting or at least the original deposition?.


Do you seriously doubt that Trump was leveraging aid in an effort to harm the reputation of a political rival? I mean really. Be honest. To me all you need to do is look at the call summary Trump released. It was obvious.

The lengths to which Trump supporters will go do deny the obvious is amazing.

If people want to say "we don't care" or "that's not enough to impeach him" OK. I disagree but at least that's honest. This crap of trying to argue that he wasn't doing what he obviously was doing is absurd.


Sure he is, but Joe opened the door by bragging he got the anti corruption investigator fired.

Now it's all legal and required.

I love how your such a stand up guy over Trump, but willing to turn a blind eye at all the corruption that went on day to day in our government before he got there.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12404
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:15 am

SeattleGriz wrote:Sure he is, but Joe opened the door by bragging he got the anti corruption investigator fired.



Again...

Shokin wasn't an "anti-corruption investigator."

He was soft on corruption and his firing insured someone tougher on corruption would be put in his place.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 34421
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby CAA Flagship » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:17 am

Image

User avatar
css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby css75 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am

CAA Flagship wrote:Image



Very very true.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42282
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby kalm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:42 pm

css75 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Image



Very very true.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


:rofl:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8392
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby SeattleGriz » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:48 pm

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:

Very very true.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


:rofl:


You don't think Trump's "reordering" of the US's roles is causing the movement of trillions of dollars?

Stopping the exfiltration of American wealth certainly is affecting someone.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12404
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 pm

:rofl:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5760
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Postby UNI88 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:35 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:
:rofl:


You don't think Trump's "reordering" of the US's roles is causing the movement of trillions of dollars?

Stopping the exfiltration of American wealth certainly is affecting someone.


I don't hate Trump and I think he's done some good things as President but I'm under no illusion that he gives a shit about me or people like me. He does what he does to feed his ego.


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kalm, UNI88 and 146 guests