Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Impeach Trump!

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
Ukraine got it's congressionally authorized money, so I don't really see what you're complaining about.

I never knew you were so dedicated to the independence and sovereignty of Ukraine. I bet you had a cow when Obama refused to send arms to Kiev.
Yes they did. After the DoD TWICE certified that they had done enough to combat corruption.

So why was Trump withholding aid?

Oh, that's right. He was waiting for them to announce investigations into his political opponent. Tell me again how investigating Biden is critical to the national security and is in the national interest. So far, I dont know the answer.

Also, saying they eventually got it as an excuse to withhold is BS.
If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yes they did. After the DoD TWICE certified that they had done enough to combat corruption.

So why was Trump withholding aid?

Oh, that's right. He was waiting for them to announce investigations into his political opponent. Tell me again how investigating Biden is critical to the national security and is in the national interest. So far, I dont know the answer.

Also, saying they eventually got it as an excuse to withhold is BS.
If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Yes it would. Investigate away! Show the evidence...sunlight!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Well, if it's in the national interest to investigate them, that's what the Deep State is for.

If it's not in the national interest, your shady personal attorney handles it.

If you have trouble separating the two and your consigliere meddles in foreign policy to benefit you personally... YOU get investigated for corruption. :nod:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Well, if it's in the national interest to investigate them, that's what the Deep State is for.

If it's not in the national interest, your shady personal attorney handles it.

If you have trouble separating the two and your consigliere meddles in foreign policy to benefit you personally... YOU get investigated for corruption. :nod:
^ good point!

:lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote:If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Trump has a good chance at becoming President. It's in the national interest to investigate him prior to the election for alleged corruption with another country.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:If someone had a good chance at becoming president, would it be in the national interest to investigate prior alleged corruption by that individual with another country?
Trump has a good chance at becoming President. It's in the national interest to investigate him prior to the election for alleged corruption with another country.
Why can't it be in the national interest to investigate the whole lot of them rather than focusing only on the slimeball you dislike (as opposed to the other slimeballs)?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Trump has a good chance at becoming President. It's in the national interest to investigate him prior to the election for alleged corruption with another country.
Why can't it be in the national interest to investigate the whole lot of them rather than focusing only on the slimeball you dislike (as opposed to the other slimeballs)?
I assume you caught Trip’s satire here?

Investigate them all. Who’s stopping them?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

I caught Trip's satire and agree with it. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the Donks who want to focus on Trump and say that Biden should be a separate investigation (that won't happen) thus the "investigate the whole lot of them."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I caught Trip's satire and agree with it. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the Donks who want to focus on Trump and say that Biden should be a separate investigation (that won't happen) thus the "investigate the whole lot of them."
Interesting. So you think Trump's defense that he was truly investigating corruption is legit?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I'm ok with an FBI/IRS investigation for everyone trying to run for President.

Make it law. Also make it law to release your tax returns and put your assets in a blind trust.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote:Biden should be a separate investigation (that won't happen)
why?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Biden should be a separate investigation (that won't happen)
why?
Exactly. Why should Biden be a separate investigation? It's all one big interrelated clusterfvck, let's investigate the whole thing start to finish.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

cool. i think it would make sense to have separate investigations. but, you seem pretty intent on one big investigation. have at it.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Interesting. So you think Trump's defense that he was truly investigating corruption is legit?
Not at all. I think Trump is full of sh!t. It's just interesting how indignant the Donks are about Trump's activities in the Ukraine while glossing over Biden's or Hillary's ethical lapses (e-mail server, Foundation, etc.). The Conks are the opposite in glossing over Trump's and getting indignant about others. They're all self-righteous hypocrites.

I don't think that what Trump did is significantly worse than things that Biden, Obama, either Clinton and others have done. Was it ethically wrong? Yes. Is it impeachable? Probably not by today's standards. I have no problem tightening up the standards but they have to apply to every slimeball in Washington, not just Trump.

Ukraine is just an excuse. This is all just an excuse to get Trump because he stole the 2016 election. He didn't win the popular vote. He shouldn't be POTUS. He's a reprehensible deplorable and he needs to go! Our system is broken. We need to get rid of the Electoral College. We need to get rid of the Senate. We need to get rid of anything that isn't controlled by progressive liberals who understand what is best for the country.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Not at all. I think Trump is full of sh!t. It's just interesting how indignant the Donks are about Trump's activities in the Ukraine while glossing over Biden's or Hillary's ethical lapses (e-mail server, Foundation, etc.). The Conks are the opposite in glossing over Trump's and getting indignant about others. They're all self-righteous hypocrites.

I don't think that what Trump did is significantly worse than things that Biden, Obama, either Clinton and others have done. Was it ethically wrong? Yes. Is it impeachable? Probably not by today's standards. I have no problem tightening up the standards but they have to apply to every slimeball in Washington, not just Trump.

Ukraine is just an excuse. This is all just an excuse to get Trump because he stole the 2016 election. He didn't win the popular vote. He shouldn't be POTUS. He's a reprehensible deplorable and he needs to go! Our system is broken. We need to get rid of the Electoral College. We need to get rid of the Senate. We need to get rid of anything that isn't controlled by progressive liberals who understand what is best for the country.
You left the Constitution out of your last paragraph. :lol:

Oh and I agree with your post. Fuck everybody. :nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

And the centrists implode.... :pissed: :beer: :shocking:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

And the centrists implode.... :pissed: :beer: :shocking:
I agree with almost all of his post. The first mistake is expecting either side to act on principle. Why wouldn’t the donks choose righteous indignation while ignoring the actions of their own?

It’s the duopoly, stupid.

Signed,

Kalm, The Centrist

:mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: And the centrists implode.... :pissed: :beer: :shocking:
I agree with almost all of his post. The first mistake is expecting either side to act on principle. Why wouldn’t the donks choose righteous indignation while ignoring the actions of their own?

Signed,

Kalm, The Centrist

Just enjoying 88’s Howard Beale moment. 8-)
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:

Signed,

Kalm, The Centrist

Just enjoying 88’s Howard Beale moment. 8-)
Classic movie. :nod:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

"If abuse of power is not impeachable ... Trump could offer Alaska to the Russians in exchange for support in the next election or decide to move to Mar-a-Lago permanently and let Jared Kushner run the country, delegating to him the decision whether to go to war," Schiff said. "Because those things are not necessarily criminal, this argument would allow that he could not be impeached for such abuses of power. Of course, this would be absurd. More than absurd, it would be dangerous."
The Dem party has officially gone off the deep end. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

So Mitt Romney will be the GOP turd in the punchbowl, giving Schumer the chance to say that it’s a bipartisan job after all. :roll:

Doug Jones, OTOH, has just fvcked himself up the ass.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

First Senator to cast a conviction vote against a POTUS from his own party.

Pretty good speech to as well. :nod:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:02 pm So Mitt Romney will be the GOP turd in the punchbowl, giving Schumer the chance to say that it’s a bipartisan job after all. :roll:

Doug Jones, OTOH, has just fvcked himself up the ass.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

True to form, Mitt is hedging his bet: guilty on abuse of power, not guilty on obstruction.

A true profile in courage.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:14 pm First Senator to cast a conviction vote against a POTUS from his own party.
So damning. :lol: