Big Sky Network

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Big Sky Network

Post by SuperHornet »

So this weekend I was at my sister's house babysitting her cat and soaking up her A/C while watching Big Sky Network coverage of several football and WBB tournament games. Has anyone been seeing this? Apparently, BSN was taken over by Pluto TV, and they've messed with the commercial breaks. It's very odd. They blow through the original breaks and cut off in the middle of an announcer talking, and come back just before the cutoff point, so that you hear what has already been said. To make it even more disconcerting, during the Sac-Idalol game, they would cut out just after the original break.

Has anyone noticed this? It's very weird, and they should stop it....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Big Sky Network

Post by SeattleGriz »

I've known that Watch Big Sky TV has gone smaller and now Pluto TV broadcasts in their place most of the time.

Pluto TV is still usually some crappy feed, unless they can bum the local station broadcast. For example, NAU has some really nice looking broadcasts because Pluto picks up the Fox Sports feed.
Everything is better with Montana.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Network

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:16 am
I've known that Watch Big Sky TV has gone smaller and now Pluto TV broadcasts in their place most of the time.

Pluto TV is still usually some crappy feed, unless they can bum the local station broadcast. For example, NAU has some really nice looking broadcasts because Pluto picks up the Fox Sports feed.
I think the schools are still responsible for their feeds, of course unless someone else it covering production for the school. So the quality of feed depends on that, which hasn't changed at all since schools started broadcasting years ago.