Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:13 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:04 am

The CIA has a history of manipulation and psy-ops?

GTFO! :lol:

So what have they specifically done/lied about/gotten wrong in the Ukraine war?
Provocation via a known failed policy (see Crimea circa 2014) to start this whole mess.
What?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:58 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:34 am

Well, I guess civilian bodies with their hands tied behind their back aren't conclusive proof of war crimes... :roll:

And about being called a ""Putin xxxx" because I'm not willing to go along with war-mongering narratives"....please. You can mob with the best of them
but now you're feigning butthurt and trying to sell your political bias as healthy skepticism. Worst case of Biden Derangement Syndrome I've seen here yet, and that is saying something. :ohno:
:lol: Have you thought about stomping your feet to prove your point? How about holding your breath?

Bucha was another attempt to paint the war as one sided, when it's much more likely to have been "shit happens".
The mass graves are real, but the decision to bury the deceased in a mass grave was made by the local authorities in consultations with clergy after the morgue was overflowing. Deceased people, including those who had died from natural causes and shooting by both sides, were buried there.
I assume we'll be seeing that independent investigation any day now too?
One-sided? In what way
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:16 pm Remember folks, the goal with the propaganda isn't to get US/NATO boots on the ground...no one is saying that... :lol:

So, unverified and unknown Twitter profiles and posts are BETTER than multiple government intelligence sources?

I find your trust and denial of sources to be curious. It's like your Hunter Biden crack pipe comment - you believe that Hunter fell asleep with a crack pipe in his mouth and then took a picture vs that being staged but you won't believe satellite imagery and battle field reports from people who are actually in the thick of it.

It's ok and necessary to question but I think you're falling victim to propaganda.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:42 am

:lol: Have you thought about stomping your feet to prove your point? How about holding your breath?

Bucha was another attempt to paint the war as one sided, when it's much more likely to have been "shit happens".

One-sided? In what way
That those deaths were solely due to Russia. You do know Bucha was being shelled by the Ukrainians don't you? You think the Ukrainians did nothing to try and remove the Russians?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:28 am

One-sided? In what way
That those deaths were solely due to Russia. You do know Bucha was being shelled by the Ukrainians don't you? You think the Ukrainians did nothing to try and remove the Russians?
But the war is one-sided - if Russia hadn't decided to invade another sovereign nation, none of these deaths would occur. There was and continues to be no justification for Russia to have invaded. Russia's existence wasn't in jeopardy, the only thing being challenged was the ability for Russia to politically, economically, and socially dominate its neighbors. That's not an existential threat.

And maybe Ukrainian attacks on Bucha to force out the Russians may have killed some civilians, but it probably didn't kill the civilians who had their hands tied behind their backs and who had gunshot wounds to the heads.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:26 am

Do you have a link to that?
https://archive.ph/pOlhp

Down near the bottom of the article. Was on CNN.
Hasty burials in mass grave.

Shelling, live fire, and trigger-happy Russian soldiers made it too dangerous for those injured in the assault on Bucha to seek treatment at the local hospital in the center of town, according to residents.
The local morgue in Bucha ran out of space as deaths mounted in March; to deal with all the bodies, a tractor was brought in to dig a mass grave in the grounds of the Church of St. Andrew and Pyervozvannoho All Saints, its abbot, Andriy Galavin told CNN.
"There were too many dead people, and there was no way to properly bury them because getting to the cemetery was simply unrealistic because of the shelling," Galavin said.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:33 am
kalm wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:26 am

Do you have a link to that?

Hasty burials in mass grave.

Shelling, live fire, and trigger-happy Russian soldiers made it too dangerous for those injured in the assault on Bucha to seek treatment at the local hospital in the center of town, according to residents.
The local morgue in Bucha ran out of space as deaths mounted in March; to deal with all the bodies, a tractor was brought in to dig a mass grave in the grounds of the Church of St. Andrew and Pyervozvannoho All Saints, its abbot, Andriy Galavin told CNN.
"There were too many dead people, and there was no way to properly bury them because getting to the cemetery was simply unrealistic because of the shelling," Galavin said.
Those graves wouldn't be necessary if Russia hadn't invaded. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:44 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:33 am

Agreed, but now the fact the mass graves were dug by the people of Bucha and not the Russians, doesn't that counter the IC's assessment?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Russia is blocking the GPS system in Ukraine…
Specifically, Russia is targeting the Navstar system of satellites used by the United States and made available openly to many countries around the world, Thompson said. (Russia has its own independent system, called GLONASS, while the Europeans have one called Galileo and China has one called Beidou.)

Navstar uses 24 main satellites that each orbit the Earth every 12 hours. The system works by sending synchronized signals to users on Earth. Because the satellites move in different directions, the user receives their signals at slightly different times. When four satellites are available, GPS receivers can use their signals to calculate the user's position, often to within just a few feet.
https://www.space.com/russia-jamming-gp ... ls-ukraine
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Surprisingly not going well at sea for Russia either.

Moskva, Black Sea's flagship, seriously damaged. The was ship told to go fuck itself by Snake Island defenders. :lol:

Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 am

But the war is one-sided - if Russia hadn't decided to invade another sovereign nation, none of these deaths would occur. There was and continues to be no justification for Russia to have invaded. Russia's existence wasn't in jeopardy, the only thing being challenged was the ability for Russia to politically, economically, and socially dominate its neighbors. That's not an existential threat.

And maybe Ukrainian attacks on Bucha to force out the Russians may have killed some civilians, but it probably didn't kill the civilians who had their hands tied behind their backs and who had gunshot wounds to the heads.
I agree with this.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:34 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:48 pm

Bro, all he had was satellite imagery. Given the recent track record of events used to gin up war support in other recent conflicts, it's going to take more than that to use this as a narrative to warmonger their way into US boots on the ground.

And being called a "Putin xxxx" because I'm not willing to go along with warmongering narratives is fine by me. Pretty sure I already earned that label for not going along with the Trump Russia Collusion narratives (that were all false, some of which the IC were in on). I've never claimed this invasion was justified by whatever bullshit Putin was pushing. All I want is to make sure US troops don't get sucked into another war, I fell for state propaganda that got us into a war before, not falling for it again.
Well, I guess civilian bodies with their hands tied behind their back aren't conclusive proof of war crimes... :roll:

And about being called a ""Putin xxxx" because I'm not willing to go along with war-mongering narratives"....please. You can mob with the best of them
but now you're feigning butthurt and trying to sell your political bias as healthy skepticism. Worst case of Biden Derangement Syndrome I've seen here yet, and that is saying something. :ohno:
Butthurt about what? Not falling for this warmongering? :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:34 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 pm

Agreed. Problem with this Ukrainian failure is that this will have a major impact on the global food supply. America will be fine, we can grow our own food, it will just cost us more at the grocery store checkout. Some folks will be able to absorb that cost, others already living on the brink will face real hardship. But those countries that rely on food imports (especially 3rd world shitholes) are going to suffer greatly.

It's almost as this calamity was predicted in some old religious manuscript.
So you’ll deny any msm news but readily accept 3rd hand allegory written 2000 years ago?

Ok
Yes. It's called faith.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:51 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:16 pm Remember folks, the goal with the propaganda isn't to get US/NATO boots on the ground...no one is saying that... :lol:

So, unverified and unknown Twitter profiles and posts are BETTER than multiple government intelligence sources?

I find your trust and denial of sources to be curious. It's like your Hunter Biden crack pipe comment - you believe that Hunter fell asleep with a crack pipe in his mouth and then took a picture vs that being staged but you won't believe satellite imagery and battle field reports from people who are actually in the thick of it.

It's ok and necessary to question but I think you're falling victim to propaganda.
Comparing any of this to what the POTUS' crackhead son does is quite the reach. :lol:

EDIT: I should have mentioned that there has been some purging of Twitter accounts spreading "Russian disinformation" that runs counter to the "Ukraine is winning" narrative. Some anon, some blue checks but I'm sure it's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the regime trying to control the narrative. :coffee:
Last edited by SDHornet on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:49 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:49 am

I agree with this.
Same
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:47 pm Surprisingly not going well at sea for Russia either.

Moskva, Black Sea's flagship, seriously damaged. The was ship told to go fuck itself by Snake Island defenders. :lol:

That was a big hit. Seeing people compare that ships impact to this war to what a carriers' impact would have from an influence standpoint.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:44 am

Agreed, but now the fact the mass graves were dug by the people of Bucha and not the Russians, doesn't that counter the IC's assessment?
The more important question is who killed those people. I understand a locality having to make a mass grave due to an overwhelming number of corpses.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:38 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:51 am

Comparing any of this to what the POTUS' crackhead son does is quite the reach. :lol:

EDIT: I should have mentioned that there has been some purging of Twitter accounts spreading "Russian disinformation" that runs counter to the "Ukraine is winning" narrative. Some anon, some blue checks but I'm sure it's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the regime trying to control the narrative. :coffee:
I'm comparing the sources you chose to trust and those you don't. I find it curious that you'll take the word of XXRiverCat69420 over the CIA. I get why you question them, but your choices are just curious to me.

What if the IC is behind all of those unverified twitter posts you use as sources? Whoa! Mind blown! :shock: :o :stir: :stir: :kisswink:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

One-sided? In what way
You should just take the tattered shards of your credibility and leave. :oops:

Trying to equate friendly-fire deaths in the fog of war by a nation defending itself with an invading Army's deliberate targeting of civilians. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:27 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:06 pm

The more important question is who killed those people. I understand a locality having to make a mass grave due to an overwhelming number of corpses.
It is, but the IC used the mass graves as proof of Russian atrocities, and it is now confirmed the grave was dug by Bucha residents. So which is it? Did the Russians dig the mass grave, or did the residents. It can't be both. This is why I'm unwilling to buy the amp that goes to 11. Mine already goes to 10.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:08 am

Trying to equate friendly-fire deaths in the fog of war by a nation defending itself with an invading Army's deliberate targeting of civilians. :ohno:
You still have said absolutely nothing that can be validated in regards to the Russians solely commiting the deaths. I do appreciate you trying to carry this thread. It was dying.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 am

You still have said absolutely nothing that can be validated in regards to the Russians solely commiting the deaths. I do appreciate you trying to carry this thread. It was dying.
As usual you attempt to not understand and toss out some feeble dodge. Where was this attitude when we abandoned the Kurds and relenquished our bases in Syria to Putin? And I don't recall hearing from you when VP announced a 100K bounty on US soldiers. I guess you can't type and jack-off Putin at the same time. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:47 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:47 pm Surprisingly not going well at sea for Russia either.

That was a big hit. Seeing people compare that ships impact to this war to what a carriers' impact would have from an influence standpoint.
sounds like its influence has been demoted to a stationary submarine.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:55 am

As usual you attempt to not understand and toss out some feeble dodge. Where was this attitude when we abandoned the Kurds and relenquished our bases in Syria to Putin? And I don't recall hearing from you when VP announced a 100K bounty on US soldiers. I guess you can't type and jack-off Putin at the same time. :coffee:
You are making no sense. I'm not debating Putin invaded Ukraine, and as such, it's an extremely shitty situation for all, but that doesn't mean I have to suspend critical thinking and ignore facts, or lack thereof.

100k bounty? WTF?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Why does it matter if Russia directly killed 100% of those people (which I don't think anyone is saying, other than the fact that likely none of those people would be dead if Russia hadn't invaded in the first place) or if Russia killed most of those people (especially the ones tied up and shot in the head) and then some unfortunately fell to friendly fire as the Ukranians tried to take back the town (and expel the Russians from Ukranian soil, which again is the main driver of everything here, Russia's invasion of a sovereign nation without cause)? What you're trying to argue just seems nonsensical and trivial.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation