Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Energy Crisis

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:41 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:23 pm

Step one: Don't sign up for the load control program. (was a $25/year savings)

Step two: Hack/Wire a bypass.
Lol. Sold their souls for $25 a year. :rofl:
They did get $100 upfront but still. Now if they did a cost/benefit analysis on how much they would save a year by going to the lower kwhr price, and it worked out then maybe I can see a person opting in. But one had better know the risks and I highly doubt most participants in the program read the fine print.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Britain could face three-hour power cuts this winter, National Grid warns

LONDON — Britain could face three-hour planned power cuts to homes and businesses this winter if it cannot import electricity from Europe and struggles to attract enough gas imports to fuel gas-fired power plants, the National Grid warned on Thursday.

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business- ... grid-warns
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

This guy is the manager of a manufacturing plant that moved to Iowa from Germany due to high energy costs. He talks briefly about energy issues in Germany and the impact high energy prices are going to have.

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:56 pm This guy is the manager of a manufacturing plant that moved to Iowa from Germany due to high energy costs. He talks briefly about energy issues in Germany and the impact high energy prices are going to have.

All they had to do was keep nuclear. Why Germany got scared of nuclear because of a Japanese plant being sited next to the ocean and exposed to tidal waves is beyond me. Fukishima never could've happened in Germany. They tend not to be exposed to tidal waves.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:16 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:56 pm This guy is the manager of a manufacturing plant that moved to Iowa from Germany due to high energy costs. He talks briefly about energy issues in Germany and the impact high energy prices are going to have.

All they had to do was keep nuclear. Why Germany got scared of nuclear because of a Japanese plant being sited next to the ocean and exposed to tidal waves is beyond me. Fukishima never could've happened in Germany. They tend not to be exposed to tidal waves.
:nod: :nod: Stupid Greens.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:53 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:16 pm

:nod: :nod: Stupid Greens.
They mean well, which is commendable, but sometimes they're pretty stupid. People will look back 100 years from now and not understand why we didn't go much more nuclear. As AZ has pointed out, the Navy perfected smaller reactors decades ago. Most of our electrical generation should be nuclear based by this point. Oh well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation