kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:15 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:42 pm Bottom line: The current death counts we see of COVID-19 related deaths are undercounts. The true death toll is higher than the numbers we are seeing rather than lower. And it is a shame that being in the Trump cult demands being in denial of the severity of the problem.
Is that just “The word according to JSO”? Or is there some proof to that ridiculous statement?
It’s a widely held suspicion supported by significant increases in all deaths compared to recent years. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s been covered in this thread.
Last edited by kalm on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:59 pm

What is it that you think I “have in mind”?
Well, I thought you were referring to longer, more stringent, extended shutdowns. Were you not?
More along the lines of this (which has been suggested since the start and which some countries have implemented more effectively.)
There are 50 epidemics playing out in the United States, each state with its own trajectory and prognosis. Only two states, Maine and Vermont, are trending in the right direction, having control on their epidemic, the remaining 48 states are all trending in the wrong direction.

To curb the spread of COVID-19, these are five measures that must be taken to prevent further amplification of cases, illnesses, hospitalizations and death....
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/things-st ... Xgx_xqwN9g

Communication and compliance with social distancing and mask wearing are huge. The need for extended, stringent lockdowns falls on the shoulders of those who ignore the guidelines of which there are still WAY too many. I’m getting texts and seeing social media posts this past weekend of friends at poker parties because no one there has it and they didn’t the week before so it must be safe.

Or teenage kids from multiple families going to Halloween parties. Zero masks, tons of close contact.

The mixed messaging of dine in restaurants where distancing limits on capacity are ignored and masks aren’t required all the time is another problem.

If the government says that’s ok then hugging grandma must be as well. Or herd immunity, or it’s the flu.

As for economics, countries that followed stricter guidelines opened back up more quickly, were able to handle isolated outbreaks better and prevent them from growing as large, and their economies fared no worse and sometimes better.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-health-economy

That’s the 6th thing I’d add to the article’s list. Government bailouts including small businesses or geared toward places that go back on lockdown. Especially small businesses. That’s one of the reasons we created the Fed in the first place.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:23 pm
Is he talking about each test being a unique person, as opposed to total test given, with some people being tested 2, 3, 4 or more times in that total?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 am

Well, I thought you were referring to longer, more stringent, extended shutdowns. Were you not?
More along the lines of this (which has been suggested since the start and which some countries have implemented more effectively.)
There are 50 epidemics playing out in the United States, each state with its own trajectory and prognosis. Only two states, Maine and Vermont, are trending in the right direction, having control on their epidemic, the remaining 48 states are all trending in the wrong direction.

To curb the spread of COVID-19, these are five measures that must be taken to prevent further amplification of cases, illnesses, hospitalizations and death....

Communication and compliance with social distancing and mask wearing are huge. The need for extended, stringent lockdowns falls on the shoulders of those who ignore the guidelines of which there are still WAY too many. I’m getting texts and seeing social media posts this past weekend of friends at poker parties because no one there has it and they didn’t the week before so it must be safe.

Or teenage kids from multiple families going to Halloween parties. Zero masks, tons of close contact.

The mixed messaging of dine in restaurants where distancing limits on capacity are ignored and masks aren’t required all the time is another problem.

If the government says that’s ok then hugging grandma must be as well. Or herd immunity, or it’s the flu.

As for economics, countries that followed stricter guidelines opened back up more quickly, were able to handle isolated outbreaks better and prevent them from growing as large, and their economies fared no worse and sometimes better.

That’s the 6th thing I’d add to the article’s list. Government bailouts including small businesses or geared toward places that go back on lockdown. Especially small businesses. That’s one of the reasons we created the Fed in the first place.
The horror. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And ALL those are great examples of why I believe the general public will push veeeeerry hard back on any attempt to “lock down” like Britain just did.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:11 am

Is that just “The word according to JSO”? Or is there some proof to that ridiculous statement?
It’s a widely held suspicion supported by significant increases in all deaths compared to recent years. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s been covered in this thread.
Covid is being undercounted? Yet flu cases are down 95%...it’s a goddamned Thanksgiving MIRACLE!!!
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I watched 7 minutes to find out it’s an advertisement for keto?

:?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:56 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:11 am

Covid is being undercounted? Yet flu cases are down 95%...it’s a goddamned Thanksgiving MIRACLE!!!
Total deaths were up taking into account all causes including covid.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:55 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:43 am

And ALL those are great examples of why I believe the general public will push veeeeerry hard back on any attempt to “lock down” like Britain just did.
You could right. And they would be stupid to do so. Stupid is tough to fix. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:55 pm

You could right. And they would be stupid to do so. Stupid is tough to fix. :nod:
What one calls stupid others call pushing back against tyranny. Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:47 am
I watched 7 minutes to find out it’s an advertisement for keto?

:?
Yeah, it's bit like trusting an article in Rolling Stone.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 am
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 am

What one calls stupid others call pushing back against tyranny. Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither.
It's a law to wear seat belts, it's illegal in most places to walk down the street nude. Covid protocol was common sense until the political parties took over the discussion. Republicans did not do enough to promote protocol, Democrats want too much protocol.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:51 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:29 am

Covid protocol was common sense until the political parties took over the discussion. Republicans did not do enough to promote protocol, Democrats want too much protocol.
Agreed, Gil.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Question:
If you contracted COVID and recovered, would you wear a mask if you didn't have to?
or
What if you made a comment to a person not wearing a mask and he/she said that they had it an recovered months ago. How would you feel about that?

I ask this because there are at least 9 million of these people out there (USA).
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:19 am Question:
If you contracted COVID and recovered, would you wear a mask if you didn't have to?
or
What if you made a comment to a person not wearing a mask and he/she said that they had it an recovered months ago. How would you feel about that?

I ask this because there are at least 9 million of these people out there (USA).
Yes. We’re still learning about reinfection and testing is not 100% accurate. It’s my moral and patriotic duty to not spread the disease, lead by example, and put others at ease.

I don’t comment to people about wearing a mask. I just kick them in the shin then I run.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

or

I don't wear a mask now unless I have to so why start now?

And I don't comment to people about not wearing masks because I'm not a Karen and I mind my own business.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am
or

And I don't comment to people about not wearing masks because I'm not a Karen and I mind my own business.
Are there people wearing them for comfort and fashion or something? :)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:58 am
or

Yes. We’re still learning about reinfection and testing is not 100% accurate. It’s my moral and patriotic duty to not spread the disease, lead by example, and put others at ease.

I don’t comment to people about wearing a mask. I just kick them in the shin then I run.
What do you do about folks that don't wear them right and don't cover their nose? Or those that touch the outside of their masks with their hands and then touch something else? Or what if they move the mask away temporarily and then put it back on? Do you kick all of them in the shin and then run? How are they supposed to know their specific infraction?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:29 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am

Are there people wearing them for comfort and fashion or something? :)
Probably! I saw somewhere that you could buy Cashmere face masks. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

or

So you only kick fat and old people.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:02 pm

So you only kick fat and old people.
There are some skinny, young Trump supporters too.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

MInnesota deaths per day are nearing the first peak numbers. Minnesotans not taking care of elderly and vulnerable.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I thought Covid was going to go away on Nov. 4. Maybe they're waiting for the race to be called?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)