Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Ibanez »

My friend Christian was hospitalized yesterday with COVID-19. He's a retired US Army Major, Citadel Class of 1999. Great guy with 2 kids. He used to be a heavy smoker and has some medical issues from Iraq so I hope this passes relatively quickly and doesn't destroy his lungs too badly.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:39 am My friend Christian was hospitalized yesterday with COVID-19. He's a retired US Army Major, Citadel Class of 1999. Great guy with 2 kids. He used to be a heavy smoker and has some medical issues from Iraq so I hope this passes relatively quickly and doesn't destroy his lungs too badly.
Hope is makes it thru this.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:40 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:39 am My friend Christian was hospitalized yesterday with COVID-19. He's a retired US Army Major, Citadel Class of 1999. Great guy with 2 kids. He used to be a heavy smoker and has some medical issues from Iraq so I hope this passes relatively quickly and doesn't destroy his lungs too badly.
Hope is makes it thru this.
Me too. He responded to a message I left. He says it's awful, he's in pain despite being on painkillers and he needs O2. His 10 yr old daughter is beginning to present syptoms.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

A buddy's 18 y.o. daughter has it. She couldn't smell or taste so she got tested and confirmed. Was over it in 3 days. The family is at day 10 of quarantining and no one else has exhibited any symptoms.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

How do we not have a pool for the first CS poster to get Da Covids?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Only case of anyone at work having it was a contractor we use for metal fabrication. His wife worked in a doctor's office where the doctor had it. Whole office got tested and she tested positive, but was never more than asymptomatic. The contractor never showed any signs and at that time he couldn't even get tested (they weren't testing people without symptoms, except apparently if you worked in a doctor's office). He stayed away from our site for two weeks (as we mandated) although he kept working at his shop throughout. Oddly, they reopened that doctor's office within a week and his wife was back to work.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am Only case of anyone at work having it was a contractor we use for metal fabrication. His wife worked in a doctor's office where the doctor had it. Whole office got tested and she tested positive, but was never more than asymptomatic. The contractor never showed any signs and at that time he couldn't even get tested (they weren't testing people without symptoms, except apparently if you worked in a doctor's office). He stayed away from our site for two weeks (as we mandated) although he kept working at his shop throughout. Oddly, they reopened that doctor's office within a week and his wife was back to work.
She's bangin' the doctor? :ohno: :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:05 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am Only case of anyone at work having it was a contractor we use for metal fabrication. His wife worked in a doctor's office where the doctor had it. Whole office got tested and she tested positive, but was never more than asymptomatic. The contractor never showed any signs and at that time he couldn't even get tested (they weren't testing people without symptoms, except apparently if you worked in a doctor's office). He stayed away from our site for two weeks (as we mandated) although he kept working at his shop throughout. Oddly, they reopened that doctor's office within a week and his wife was back to work.
She's bangin' the doctor? :ohno: :ohno:
I don't judge.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The good news is if you do happen to get the really weak flu you have a 99.87% chance you will live.

Scamdemic

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:24 am The good news is if you do happen to get the really weak flu you have a 99.87% chance you will live.

Scamdemic

….and climbing.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 pm
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:24 am The good news is if you do happen to get the really weak flu you have a 99.87% chance you will live.

Scamdemic

….and climbing.
Low margin, volume retailer. And what’s the average quarantine and hospitalization length? How about long term health effects?

Interesting that the science supporting one’s feelings are ok but not the others. They tend to come from the same sources.

:coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:59 am How do we not have a pool for the first CS poster to get Da Covids?
:lol: :lol: I'm shocked we don't.

I did have the antibody test this morning. So maybe you should start something.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 pm

….and climbing.
Low margin, volume retailer. And what’s the average quarantine and hospitalization length? How about long term health effects?

Interesting that the science supporting one’s feelings are ok but not the others. They tend to come from the same sources.

:coffee:
Do we have that data? Including broken down by age and/or pre-existing condition?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 am Why the Central Bank "Bailout of Everything" Will Be a Disaster
There is an important risk in what I call the "bailout of everything," or the conscious decision by governments and central banks to provide any needed support to all sectors and companies with access to debt. Most of these stimulus packages and liquidity measures are aimed at supporting current government spending and providing liquidity to companies with assets, with access to debt, and in traditional sectors. It is not a surprise, then, that at the same time as we see the largest fiscal and monetary support plan since World War II, we are already witnessing two dangerous collateral effects: the rise of zombie companies and the collapse of small businesses and startups.
Very interesting. I need to read it again. It indicates the reliance on government spending but also signifies the reverse trickle down effect of lost demand and working capital that will hit as states run out of money sans continued federal bailouts to states. EG: as EWU is forced to slash its budget, drops football, and enrollment plummets almost all the small businesses in Cheney are toast.

Saw an IMF report today that predicts global GDP will be -4.8% in 2020. It hasn’t gone below zero in at least the past 50 years including 2008, 1982, etc.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Read an article where they thought the damage is either from the cytokine storm or the virus can cross the blood brain barrier.

Will say I didn't like that the article said on two separate issues they thought "it" couldn't pass the blood brain barrier, but looks that way now.

Makes you realize how much guessing there still is in regards to it. Wonder how many other things can cross the barrier we think cannot.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 pm
Makes you realize how much guessing there still is in regards to it. Wonder how many other things can cross the barrier we think cannot.
Clearly the stupids can cross the barrier. There are a lot of people walking this planet as proof.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:55 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:48 pm
Clearly the stupids can cross the barrier. There are a lot of people walking this planet as proof.
Excellent point. :nod:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

1.5 to 2 weeks after the height of protests, and cases skewing a lot younger, yet the media is saying there's no connection in spikes and the protests.

https://news.yahoo.com/protests-havent- ... 06790.html
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 62512.html
https://www.newsweek.com/protests-didnt ... ke-1513251

So can someone tell me after the very public support from the protests from public health officials and our climate of rabid Twitter Robespierres and Macbook Maoists shutting down dissent why I should trust there's any objectivity behind this?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I'm sure most of y'all will look at this and think other Western countries have eliminated testing. :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well, my wife and I are now on self-imposed 2 week quarantine. We went to my daughter's house this past Sunday for my grand daughter's birthday party. Yesterday we learned that my son in law's sister started experiencing symptoms then tested positive. So we had a "pre-symptomatic" exposure.

I did some Googling and found the study at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0869-5 where the point estimate is that people are infectious 2.3 days ( 2 days, 7 hours) prior to onset of symptoms with the 95% confidence interval being 0.8 to 3.0 days.

The Party was Sunday and the young lady started experiencing symptoms on Wednesday. So I feel fairly optimistic about the proposition that the young lady was not infectious on Sunday. Also, if she was infectious, the research seems to indicate that she wouldn't have been HIGHLY infectious.

So we'll see. It's a close call.

But here's the thing: The young lady is probably not at risk. But, as I know now, she has not been careful. And after not being careful she went to a family gathering where there were two people over 65 and another person with diabetes. Also, there were two people there who live with a 91 year old woman.

And that's the issue with this thing. It is not necessarily about you. It's about a population trying to break transmission chains.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:26 pm I'm sure most of y'all will look at this and think other Western countries have eliminated testing. :lol:

UK has more tests per million population than US does.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:41 pm Well, my wife and I are now on self-imposed 2 week quarantine. We went to my daughter's house this past Sunday for my grand daughter's birthday party. Yesterday we learned that my son in law's sister started experiencing symptoms then tested positive. So we had a "pre-symptomatic" exposure.

I did some Googling and found the study at https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0869-5 where the point estimate is that people are infectious 2.3 days ( 2 days, 7 hours) prior to onset of symptoms with the 95% confidence interval being 0.8 to 3.0 days.

The Party was Sunday and the young lady started experiencing symptoms on Wednesday. So I feel fairly optimistic about the proposition that the young lady was not infectious on Sunday. Also, if she was infectious, the research seems to indicate that she wouldn't have been HIGHLY infectious.

But here's the thing: The young lady is probably not at risk. But, as I know now, she has not been careful. And after not being careful she went to a family gathering where there were two people over 65 and another person with diabetes. Also, there were two people there who live with a 91 year old woman.

And that's the issue with this thing. It is not necessarily about you. It's about a population trying to break transmission chains.
People that are not wearing mask are the reason the numbers are going up, and will be the biggest little bitches when their state closes down again.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:35 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:41 pm Well, my wife and I are now on self-imposed 2 week quarantine. We went to my daughter's house this past Sunday for my grand daughter's birthday party. Yesterday we learned that my son in law's sister started experiencing symptoms then tested positive. So we had a "pre-symptomatic" exposure.

People that are not wearing mask are the reason the numbers are going up, and will be the biggest little bitches when their state closes down again.
Nobody is going to heed another shutdown, not after those same government turned a blind eye to the blm protests regarding the Chinese Flu...

...also comical seeing reports that these spikes aren't resulting from the protests...

...so I guess there goes the "forced mail in ballots" excuse.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Meanwhile CA new cases are spiking but the current rolling 7 day death average (64) is still below the rolling 7 day death average when the Chinese Flu peaked in late April (82). :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »