I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
He cited taxes and "soaring labor costs."
* labour

He must be a Brit.
Or an Aussie/Kiwi. They can't spell to good neither.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Right, but that doesn't mean they're on par or higher than they are here.
Sure...but the gap may be closing to the extent where it's a push.

I was making a broader sarcastic point about globalization. Quit being an 89... :)
It would be a good thing if we end up not having such wide differences in labor costs, especially when it's China's going up and ours not going down. It takes that variable out of the equation in terms of where companies choose to site their businesses, and it has a knock down effect that Chinese people begin to worry less about where their next meal will come from and worry more about things we care about like clean water/clean air, etc. Besides, competing on a level playing field isn't a bad thing.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I was making a broader sarcastic point about globalization. Quit being an 89... :)
It would be a good thing if we end up not having such wide differences in labor costs, especially when it's China's going up and ours not going down. It takes that variable out of the equation in terms of where companies choose to site their businesses, and it has a knock down effect that Chinese people begin to worry less about where their next meal will come from and worry more about things we care about like clean water/clean air, etc. Besides, competing on a level playing field isn't a bad thing.
Fair enough points.

So one could say we've been making the world great again...
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:It would be a good thing if we end up not having such wide differences in labor costs, especially when it's China's going up and ours not going down. It takes that variable out of the equation in terms of where companies choose to site their businesses, and it has a knock down effect that Chinese people begin to worry less about where their next meal will come from and worry more about things we care about like clean water/clean air, etc. Besides, competing on a level playing field isn't a bad thing.
Fair enough points.

Why you mother fucker...
89Hen wrote:Our wages aren't going down. China not being able to undermine our wages because theirs are going up is a good thing kalm.
kalm = crickets
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Fair enough points.

Why you mother fucker...
89Hen wrote:Our wages aren't going down. China not being able to undermine our wages because theirs are going up is a good thing kalm.
kalm = crickets
:mrgreen:

I'm still trying to make the 1990's Clintonian argument for the democracy spreading virtues of global capitalism jive with the original spirit of this thread.

It's a daunting task and I'm just trying to keep as open a mind as you... :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Happy Trump Year!

Only two weeks until Martin Luther Trump, Jr Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:Happy Trump Year!

Only two weeks until Martin Luther Trump, Jr Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, next month is Valentrump's Day. :lol:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Lawmakers and senior US intelligence officials drew a line in the sand for Donald Trump on Thursday, presenting a united front on their conclusion that Russia is a major threat to the United States and was behind election hacking -- a conclusion the President-elect has refused to accept.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/ ... index.html

I thought Obama wanted us to call the 1980s and return their foreign policy... :suspicious:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote:
Lawmakers and senior US intelligence officials drew a line in the sand for Donald Trump on Thursday, presenting a united front on their conclusion that Russia is a major threat to the United States and was behind election hacking -- a conclusion the President-elect has refused to accept.

I thought Obama wanted us to call the 1980s and return their foreign policy... :suspicious:
"I do think public trust and confidence in the Intelligence Community is crucial" both in the US and in other countries that rely on US intelligence, James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, told the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Uh...wasn't that trust lost when we invaded Iraq and found no WMD? :? :lol:

Oh and Russia is our greatest ally. :rofl:
That will never get old. :D
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:Indiana citizens will now pay $7,000,000 in annual tax incentives for 800 Carrier jobs to stay in Indiana...

:rofl:

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added..."
There you go again. Equating government confiscating less $$ from a company somehow = the citizens paying that company.. :dunce:
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Indiana citizens will now pay $7,000,000 in annual tax incentives for 800 Carrier jobs to stay in Indiana...

:rofl:

"We certainly don't want to take as our guide to creating jobs special tax breaks for a company that earned $7.5 billion in profits last year, got $6 billion in defense contracts, paid its top five executives $50 million, in order to preserve 1,000 out of 2,100 jobs," said Shapiro.

"It's essentially a transfer from the taxpayers of Indiana, who are providing these tax breaks, to the shareholders of United Technology plus those 1,000 workers. That's really not a model for creating jobs across America," he added..."
There you go again. Equating government contiscating less $$ from a company somehow = the citizens paying that company.. :dunce:
The old "keeping more of your money" meme is fun. Unless it's offset by spending cuts and every business in the state gets the same tax cut, it's also meaningless. :coffee:

Like it or not, states have to balance budgets and "the people"
have debt obligations that can't be ignored or kicked down the road unlike the Feds (conks are suppose to appreciate this).

Otherwise it's just government picking winners and losers and increases the tax burden on businesses and people who don't get the cuts.

(
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: There you go again. Equating government contiscating less $$ from a company somehow = the citizens paying that company.. :dunce:
The old "keeping more of your money" meme is fun. Unless it's offset by spending cuts and every business in the state gets the same tax cut, it's also meaningless. :coffee:

have debt obligations that can't be ignored or kicked down the road unlike the Feds (conks are suppose to appreciate this).

Otherwise it's just government picking winners and losers and increases the tax burden on businesses and people who don't get the cuts.

(
Speaking of the tax burden, Indiana had a $50M surplus last fiscal year and has about $2.25B in reserves, so there's that.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:

(
Speaking of the tax burden, Indiana had a $50M surplus last fiscal year and has about $2.25B in reserves, so there's that.
Good on them!

I hope the tax relief...trickles down some small businesses. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

DJIA is within a hair of 20k right now.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Stanley Black and Decker will build Craftsman tools in the US...bringing them back from overseas. Cites Trump's border tax was part of the reason.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/201 ... /96192526/

TRUMP WINS...AGAIN!!!

^^^^ Hey Libs...and Obama/Hillary supporters...and Chizzy...you're going to get sick of hearing that line repeated again, and again, and again. :rofl:

Making America Great Again!

But, but, but, but Russia might have wanted Trump to win...

LOOK...squirrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Cluck U wrote: LOOK...squirrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Cluck U wrote:But, but, but, but Russia might have wanted Trump to win...

LOOK...squirrels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Russia = Benghazi

my how the tables have turned. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

"I do think public trust and confidence in the Intelligence Community is crucial" both in the US and in other countries that rely on US intelligence, James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence, told the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Uh...wasn't that trust lost when we invaded Iraq and found no WMD? :? :lol:

Oh and Russia is our greatest ally. :rofl:
That will never get old. :D
I thought it was getting caught flat-footed by the collapse of the Soviet Union? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CAA Flagship wrote:DJIA is within a hair of 20k right now.
Praise be upon Obama, the compassionate, the merciful!
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

“The wealthy are going to create tremendous jobs. They’re going to expand their companies,” Trump asserted during the first presidential debate. “They’re going to bring $2.5 trillion back from overseas, … to be put to use on the inner cities and lots of other things, and it would be beautiful.” During the third debate he promised that “We’re going to start hiring people, we’re going to bring the $2.5 trillion that’s offshore back into the country. We are going to start the engine rolling again.”
Well what...in...the...hell...

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/05/cor ... 1#comments
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
“The wealthy are going to create tremendous jobs. They’re going to expand their companies,” Trump asserted during the first presidential debate. “They’re going to bring $2.5 trillion back from overseas, … to be put to use on the inner cities and lots of other things, and it would be beautiful.” During the third debate he promised that “We’re going to start hiring people, we’re going to bring the $2.5 trillion that’s offshore back into the country. We are going to start the engine rolling again.”
Well what...in...the...hell...

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/05/cor ... 1#comments
Hey, I'm all for "wealth management opportunities"! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Bronco
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by Bronco »

Funny that the Gov of Florida called Trump after the airport shooting

May have tried BHO 1st but was probably napping getting ready for his late night party last night
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. Al Swearengen
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/childr ... bronco.wav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Global minimum wage - $15/hr. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Trump just stopped in front of the cameras at Trump Tower while seeing off the Alibaba founder. Priceless dialogue with a reporter:

Reporter: How is the confirmation process going?
Trump: The hearings are going great!
Reporter: The hearings haven't started yet.
Trump: Great!!

:lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-