andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: What I-A team do you hate the most?

Post by andy7171 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
andy7171 wrote:I voted for ND. Fuck them and all their fans! And NBC while we're at it.

I cried watching Rudy though.
Bad Catholic! Bad!
I'm Irish too. Fuck everyone who thinks I should root for them. Most over rated team ever. They are the Delaware of FBS pre-season polls! :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Bad Catholic! Bad!
I'm Irish too. Fuck everyone who thinks I should root for them. Most over rated team ever. They are the Delaware of FBS pre-season polls! :lol:
Delaware hasn't been pre-season (or in-season for that matter :lol: ) ranked for years, genius. The teams of old that teabagged you all over the field obviously left an impression on you, because we haven't had teams like that since early in Obama's first term.
Last edited by 93henfan on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Rudy is a made up story
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

clenz wrote:Rudy is a made up story
Like hell it is. I remember watching the real Rudy run out on black and white TV in the 70s at Andy's house.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

clenz wrote:Rudy is a made up story
What?? :lol: Some parts of the movie aren't real but the story isn't fake.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

93henfan wrote:
andy7171 wrote: I'm Irish too. Fuck everyone who thinks I should root for them. Most over rated team ever. They are the Delaware of FBS pre-season polls! :lol:
Delaware hasn't been pre-season (or in-season for that matter :lol: ) ranked for years, genius. The teams of old that teabagged you all over the field obviously left an impression on you, because we haven't had teams like that since early in Obama's first term.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

andy7171 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
2, 1, 3
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
M-K-F
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:
andy7171 wrote: Image
M-K-F
The gentleman whom I refer to as 93henfan understands.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/ ... aaf,268408

Biopic fans will be shocked – shocked! – to learn that Hollywood takes liberties with the real-life narratives and characters that often come to stand in for history in the popular imagination. In the case of the enduring 1993 hit "Rudy," the film was so unrecognizably warped beyond the existence of an undersized Notre Dame player who registered an improbable sack against Georgia Tech in 1975 that former Irish coach Dan Devine called certain scenes – notably the climactic moment when Rudy's teammates confront Devine's villainous character by handing in their jerseys to get Rudy on the dress list, and later his reluctance to actually put Rudy in the game – "unforgivable" and "a lie."
Hall of Famer Joe Montana, then a lowly freshman lingering somewhere on the depth chart, doesn't remember it quite as harshly. But as he told radio host Dan Patrick on Wednesday, he certainly doesn't remember any uplifting strings swelling in the rafters, either:
DP: Were you there when Rudy was there?
JM: Yeah. It's a movie, remember. Not all of that is true.
DP: What wasn't true?
JM: Well, the crowd wasn't chanting. No one threw in their jerseys. He did get in the game. He got carried off [at the end of] the game. [...] Back then they tried to play someone at the end of [the season] that all the seniors could get in the last home game. The schedule was kind of set that way.
So he got in. He did get a sack. And then the guys carried him off, just playing around. I won't say it was a joke, but it was playing around. He worked his butt off to get where he was and to do the things he did. But not any harder than anyone else.
And so reality continues its long unbeaten streak against trumped-up sentiment – not that Rudy Ruettiger minds, now that he's parlayed his 15 minutes into a steady career as motivational speaker and "corporate trainer." I suppose anyone who's able to inspire and sell a bogus feel-good movie about himself being a run-of-the-mill scrub is destined for success.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

I really don't care about I-A at all. So I don't hate any of them. I am willing to sell my hatred for a school. PM with offers.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

bandl wrote:
93henfan wrote:
M-K-F
The gentleman whom I refer to as 93henfan understands.
Agreed.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Pwns wrote:USC. The amount of unwarranted gushing the media do over them every year proves there's no such thing as ECB in the sports media.
What a shock. USC loses. :coffee:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

clenz is correct about Hollywood taking liberties with biopics. I was VERY disappointed when I found out about the liberties taken in terms of school and town names (and I wouldn't be surprised if there were other liberties taken, as well) in the otherwise outstanding Quarterback Princess, starring a young Helen Hunt, an otherwise true story about a girl who quarterbacked her team to a one-loss record (the only loss being a road game in which she sprained her ankle). According to the storyline (which may ALSO have been hacked to some degree), the other QBs were a kid who was a MUCH better halfback and a guy who had no business ANYWHERE on a gridiron.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.