Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55449
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 93henfan »

:rofl: 'Another YouTube outburst.

Tis the season for triggered weirdos.

phpBB [video]
"In the seventh inning fans all get up and sing 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game,' and they're already there. It's really a stupid thing to say and I don't know who made 'em sing it. Why would somebody that's there get up and sing take me out to the ball game? The first person to do it must have been a moron." - Phillies color commentator Larry Andersen

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote::rofl: 'Another YouTube outburst.

Tis the season for triggered weirdos.

phpBB [video]
Like Frankie Valli said...

Walk like a man, talk like a man.....


(must be a man)
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55449
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote::rofl: 'Another YouTube outburst.

Tis the season for triggered weirdos.

phpBB [video]
Like Frankie Valli said...

Walk like a man, talk like a man.....


(must be a man)
"I am going to ask you, for the fifth time, to stop calling me a 'man', because quite clearly I am not!" :rofl:

Damn, CID, think of all the great videos we're going to enjoy as senior citizens with Trip and his ilk at the wheel.
"In the seventh inning fans all get up and sing 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game,' and they're already there. It's really a stupid thing to say and I don't know who made 'em sing it. Why would somebody that's there get up and sing take me out to the ball game? The first person to do it must have been a moron." - Phillies color commentator Larry Andersen

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote::rofl: 'Another YouTube outburst.

Tis the season for triggered weirdos.

phpBB [video]
Like Frankie Valli said...

Walk like a man, talk like a man.....


(must be a man)
Wonder if he competes as a woman, what a douche.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18271
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
The guy should've been calmer but people who support Trump SHOULD be ostracized and called out. Nobody should be forced to serve them. It should be fine to have businesses do things like say "I'm not serving you if you support Trump." The society SHOULD be rejecting and marginalizing Trump supporters as their behavior is unacceptable.
Who’s behavior in that video (and literally thousands of others) is unacceptable?

Hint: It’s almost NEVER the Trump supporter that loses their **** and spouts a bunch of vitriol and complete fallacies. Like literally NEVER. It’s ALWAYS those calm, sane, rational Hillary supporters like this guy. Yeah, behavior that’s unacceptable...I don’t think that phrase means what you think it means.
Being a Trump supporter is unacceptable. That is the idea. And if you think that Trump supporters don't engage in vitriol and fallacy you haven't been looking. If your behavior includes supporting Trump you are harming this country. And you should be ostracized. The culture should make you an outcast just like it makes people who wear swastikas outcasts.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Like Frankie Valli said...

Walk like a man, talk like a man.....


(must be a man)
"I am going to ask you, for the fifth time, to stop calling me a 'man', because quite clearly I am not!" :rofl:

Damn, CID, think of all the great videos we're going to enjoy as senior citizens with Trip and his ilk at the wheel.
No sh1t

I laughed when he said that

You call me a man when I obviously am not!!

Image
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Col Hogan »

A woman who has been in a vegetative state since she nearly drowned 10 years ago reportedly gave birth to a baby last month, prompting a sex abuse investigation at the Phoenix-area nursing facility, AZ Family reported.

The baby was born on Dec. 29 and is doing well, according to the report. The woman is reportedly a patient at Hacienda HealthCare in Phoenix.

A source familiar with the situation told AZ Family that “none of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth.”
https://nypost.com/2019/01/04/investiga ... te+buttons


I see a bunch of DNA testing in the future of this facility...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
A woman who has been in a vegetative state since she nearly drowned 10 years ago reportedly gave birth to a baby last month, prompting a sex abuse investigation at the Phoenix-area nursing facility, AZ Family reported.

The baby was born on Dec. 29 and is doing well, according to the report. The woman is reportedly a patient at Hacienda HealthCare in Phoenix.

A source familiar with the situation told AZ Family that “none of the staff were aware that she was pregnant until she was pretty much giving birth.”
https://nypost.com/2019/01/04/investiga ... te+buttons


I see a bunch of DNA testing in the future of this facility...
Keep up, Hoagie. There's a thread about this.


For shame on the people keeping someone a vegetable for 10 years. :ohno: Her only thoughts are probably, " I hate my family," and ' Kill me now!"
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11699
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/01/04/investiga ... te+buttons


I see a bunch of DNA testing in the future of this facility...
Keep up, Hoagie. There's a thread about this.


For shame on the people keeping someone a vegetable for 10 years. :ohno: Her only thoughts are probably, " I hate my family," and ' Kill me now!"

Keep up...Check the time stamps...and see that I posted this well before that thread started...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55449
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 93henfan »

I still think it's the second coming of Christ.

Why does everyone always automatically suspect a crime?

Everything happens according to God's plan. We're all just along for the ride.

Image
"In the seventh inning fans all get up and sing 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game,' and they're already there. It's really a stupid thing to say and I don't know who made 'em sing it. Why would somebody that's there get up and sing take me out to the ball game? The first person to do it must have been a moron." - Phillies color commentator Larry Andersen

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
Keep up, Hoagie. There's a thread about this.


For shame on the people keeping someone a vegetable for 10 years. :ohno: Her only thoughts are probably, " I hate my family," and ' Kill me now!"

Keep up...Check the time stamps...and see that I posted this well before that thread started...
Well exccccccuuuuuuuuuussssssssseeeeeeee mmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee Mr. Fussy Pants.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6560
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/ce- ... ce=twitter

I disagree with JSO about things relating to gays, but I've said before he might be right that the APA is an organization more about what's politically trendy among progressives than data and evidence. This would really seem to bolster that idea.

And that's why the social justice left is more dangerous than the Trump right, because Trump can't hope to corrupt or taint organizations that are supposed to be trustworthy and objective.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44067
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by dbackjon »

U.S. SOLDIERS PLEAD GUILTY TO ATTEMPTING TO SMUGGLE $1 MILLION WORTH OF COCAINE FROM COLOMBIA ABOARD

https://www.newsweek.com/us-soldiers-gu ... ?piano_t=1

Two American special forces soldiers have pled guilty to conspiring to transport $1 million worth of cocaine from Colombia to the United States aboard a military transport plane.

Former Master Sergeant Daniel Gould, 36, and Sergeant 1st Class Henry Royer, 35, who were both Army Green Berets, were caught when they attempted to transport 90 pounds of cocaine via a military aircraft last year, Army Times reported this weekend. According to the report, the soldiers had already successfully trafficked a large quantity of the illicit drug from the South American country in the past, selling it to a distributor in Florida.

Gould and Royer had previously transported 22 pounds of cocaine from the Colombian city of Cali to northwest Florida. They reportedly used a hollowed-out punching bag to conceal the drugs, which were transported to the U.S. In a bid to reinvest the money they made from the sale and make a larger profit, the two men attempted to traffic a larger quantity when they were caught.
:thumb:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25251
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote:U.S. SOLDIERS PLEAD GUILTY TO ATTEMPTING TO SMUGGLE $1 MILLION WORTH OF COCAINE FROM COLOMBIA ABOARD

https://www.newsweek.com/us-soldiers-gu ... ?piano_t=1

Two American special forces soldiers have pled guilty to conspiring to transport $1 million worth of cocaine from Colombia to the United States aboard a military transport plane.

Former Master Sergeant Daniel Gould, 36, and Sergeant 1st Class Henry Royer, 35, who were both Army Green Berets, were caught when they attempted to transport 90 pounds of cocaine via a military aircraft last year, Army Times reported this weekend. According to the report, the soldiers had already successfully trafficked a large quantity of the illicit drug from the South American country in the past, selling it to a distributor in Florida.

Gould and Royer had previously transported 22 pounds of cocaine from the Colombian city of Cali to northwest Florida. They reportedly used a hollowed-out punching bag to conceal the drugs, which were transported to the U.S. In a bid to reinvest the money they made from the sale and make a larger profit, the two men attempted to traffic a larger quantity when they were caught.
I guess they were mules, not Seals.
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
dbackjon wrote:U.S. SOLDIERS PLEAD GUILTY TO ATTEMPTING TO SMUGGLE $1 MILLION WORTH OF COCAINE FROM COLOMBIA ABOARD

https://www.newsweek.com/us-soldiers-gu ... ?piano_t=1

Two American special forces soldiers have pled guilty to conspiring to transport $1 million worth of cocaine from Colombia to the United States aboard a military transport plane.

Former Master Sergeant Daniel Gould, 36, and Sergeant 1st Class Henry Royer, 35, who were both Army Green Berets, were caught when they attempted to transport 90 pounds of cocaine via a military aircraft last year, Army Times reported this weekend. According to the report, the soldiers had already successfully trafficked a large quantity of the illicit drug from the South American country in the past, selling it to a distributor in Florida.

Gould and Royer had previously transported 22 pounds of cocaine from the Colombian city of Cali to northwest Florida. They reportedly used a hollowed-out punching bag to conceal the drugs, which were transported to the U.S. In a bid to reinvest the money they made from the sale and make a larger profit, the two men attempted to traffic a larger quantity when they were caught.
I guess they were mules, not Seals.
Image
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

New tax for 2019 in Washington. The Paid Family and Medical Leave Tax takes about $235 out of your paycheck if you make $100K. Didn't get to vote on this one. Federal Workers and bargaining agreements are exempt.

Company I work for has their own plan, so may not have to participate if it is considered sufficient in comparison.
Washington workers will be able to use Paid Family and Medical Leave benefits starting in 2020. These benefits will generally allow up to 12 weeks of paid leave to care for yourself or your family per year.
https://esd.wa.gov/paid-family-medical-leave
Everything is better with Montana.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46264
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

And here I thought what Scarlett and I had was real! :ohno:
Seattle TV station employee fired after doctored footage of Trump’s Oval Office speech aired

But viewers in the Seattle area got a little more than they expected.

The city’s Fox affiliate, Q13, beamed out doctored footage of Trump’s Tuesday address, according to the Seattle Times. The station’s broadcast showed Trump with a larger-than-normal head. His skin had a Cheetos-orange tint. And during his speech, the president’s tongue hung out of his mouth between sentences. It is unclear if the footage ran live as Trump was giving his speech, or was replayed in later broadcasts.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/ ... octored-f/
Image
Image
Image

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 36844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:And here I thought what Scarlett and I had was real! :ohno:
Seattle TV station employee fired after doctored footage of Trump’s Oval Office speech aired

But viewers in the Seattle area got a little more than they expected.

The city’s Fox affiliate, Q13, beamed out doctored footage of Trump’s Tuesday address, according to the Seattle Times. The station’s broadcast showed Trump with a larger-than-normal head. His skin had a Cheetos-orange tint. And during his speech, the president’s tongue hung out of his mouth between sentences. It is unclear if the footage ran live as Trump was giving his speech, or was replayed in later broadcasts.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/ ... octored-f/
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Grizalltheway »

Shit, wouldn't it be nice if we all had that option. :lol: :jack:
"This is a private, world-renowned hospital separate from any system and people come from around the world to pay cash for their services,” a spokesperson told POLITICO.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ck-1099485

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Grizalltheway wrote:****, wouldn't it be nice if we all had that option. :lol: :jack:
"This is a private, world-renowned hospital separate from any system and people come from around the world to pay cash for their services,” a spokesperson told POLITICO.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ck-1099485
Go back and look at what I’ve said about state-run healthcare-

When we have it, you will see this every day

DMV McHealthcare for you and me and a better system for those who can pay cash.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44067
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:****, wouldn't it be nice if we all had that option. :lol: :jack:



https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ck-1099485
Go back and look at what I’ve said about state-run healthcare-

When we have it, you will see this every day

DMV McHealthcare for you and me and a better system for those who can pay cash.
We already have that. Concierge doctors, private clinics. Need an abortion for your mistress? Check. Don't want to wait with the sick people? House calls. The wealthy will always have better health care, that is not the issue. It is getting decent healthcare for EVERYONE that is the issue.
:thumb:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Go back and look at what I’ve said about state-run healthcare-

When we have it, you will see this every day

DMV McHealthcare for you and me and a better system for those who can pay cash.
We already have that. Concierge doctors, private clinics. Need an abortion for your mistress? Check. Don't want to wait with the sick people? House calls. The wealthy will always have better health care, that is not the issue. It is getting DECENT healthcare for EVERYONE that is the issue.
Where do you expect to get that?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44067
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
We already have that. Concierge doctors, private clinics. Need an abortion for your mistress? Check. Don't want to wait with the sick people? House calls. The wealthy will always have better health care, that is not the issue. It is getting DECENT healthcare for EVERYONE that is the issue.
Where do you expect to get that?
It can be done with Medicare for All
:thumb:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23775
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Where do you expect to get that?
It can be done with Medicare for All
Your assault on reality and math is as bad as Trump's


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14067
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Go back and look at what I’ve said about state-run healthcare-

When we have it, you will see this every day

DMV McHealthcare for you and me and a better system for those who can pay cash.
We already have that. Concierge doctors, private clinics. Need an abortion for your mistress? Check. Don't want to wait with the sick people? House calls. The wealthy will always have better health care, that is not the issue. It is getting decent healthcare for EVERYONE that is the issue.
I agree, there will always be two health care systems - one for everyone, and then the one for the wealthy. That's how it works pretty much everywhere where there is a nationalized health care system (the NHS in the UK is a perfect example). I think we should do that TODAY - there's no need to wait at this point. We'll have arguments forever about what constitutes "decent" healthcare - i.e. how long a wait time for surgery - assuming that surgery is even approved, what medicines get covered, etc. - but there's no reason why we shouldn't just do that now. The private health care system - with the better doctors, better equipment, no wait times, full range of any and all medicines - will always exist and where people with the means to access it will always go for health care. Stop debating the minutia now and let's get to the debate we'll have long after we're all dead and gone and that would be the debate over the wealthy getting the best health care and the non-wealthy getting whatever we can scrap together to be "decent".
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Post Reply