President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Some FCS recognition

link

WASHINGTON, D.C. (NewsDakota.com) – Senator John Hoeven today announced that the President Donald J. Trump has invited the North Dakota State University (NDSU) Bison football team to be honored at the White House.

Following the Bison’s seventh FCS national title in eight years, Hoeven and the President discussed honoring the team at the White House and the President has extended an invitation. Hoeven has also spoken with NDSU President Dean Bresciani and is working with NDSU, the President, and the White House.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41046
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby kalm » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Will he be serving Casey’s Breakfast Pizza?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 31921
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby 89Hen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Col Hogan wrote:Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...

Weren't we still under British rule then?
Image

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Grizalltheway » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Col Hogan wrote:Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...

Don't worry, I'm sure it will happen when they win an FBS title.

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11247
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:13 pm

89Hen wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...

Weren't we still under British rule then?


Image
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Col Hogan wrote:Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...


Division II North Alabama visited the White House in the 1990's, after their 3-peat, when Clinton was President.

They will compete in the Big South this year.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51653
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby 93henfan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

Mmmm mmmm, all the McDLT's you can eat.

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:18 am

93henfan wrote:Mmmm mmmm, all the McDLT's you can eat.


Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 50018
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Ibanez » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 am

Hamburders for all!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 am

Ibanez wrote:Hamburders for all!


Unless it's a trend or the government is shutdown, the Bison should get a better meal.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35781
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Grizalltheway » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Hamburders for all!


Unless it's a trend or the government is shutdown, the Bison should get a better meal.

Bison burders would be a nice touch. :thumb:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20103
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby CID1990 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:09 pm

I dunno

For some reason I kind of like the idea of the fast food thing at the WH...

Fast food deep fried, full of fat and sugars... it doesn’t get any more American than that

Embrace the chintzy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14779
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Lets only concentrate on the blacks that dont go!!!

Sweet!
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:09 pm

CID1990 wrote:I dunno

For some reason I kind of like the idea of the fast food thing at the WH...

Fast food deep fried, full of fat and sugars... it doesn’t get any more American than that

Embrace the chintzy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I guess the same thing can happen with fancy food but the problem with ordering something like a bunch of hamburgers is that not everybody likes them the same way. Like for instance I like cheeseburgers plain. Just meat and cheese. If I go somewhere and somebody gives me a hamburger with mustard and mayonnaise on it I'm not eating it. Or with pickles. Or with tomatoes. Lettuce I can handle but I'd probably take it off.

Most people aren't as much "plain" as I am but they still like or don't like certain things. I guess a safe choice would be to go with Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches. The only thing they put on those is a pickle and you can take that off if you don't like it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20103
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby CID1990 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 pm

CID1990 wrote:Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LOL! But I'm not the kind who cares about having my picture taken with the President of the United States. I think Ronald Reagan was the bomb but I would not have gone to Washington DC to have a picture taken with him. You can believe this or not but I got a prestigious award for stuff I did during the Deepwater Horizon thing. I was invited to go to Washington DC to receive it. Not from the President. But from a high official. I made an excuse not to go and said just to send it to me.

And I would've done the same thing if it'd been the President shaking my hand and giving me the award. I'm just not like that. I don't care. Whatever I do I do for other reasons. I am not impressed by stuff like people being famous.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:10 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


LOL! But I'm not the kind who cares about having my picture taken with the President of the United States. I think Ronald Reagan was the bomb but I would not have gone to Washington DC to have a picture taken with him. You can believe this or not but I got a prestigious award for stuff I did during the Deepwater Horizon thing. I was invited to go to Washington DC to receive it. Not from the President. But from a high official. I made an excuse not to go and said just to send it to me.

And I would've done the same thing if it'd been the President shaking my hand and giving me the award. I'm just not like that. I don't care. Whatever I do I do for other reasons. I am not impressed by stuff like people being famous.


I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby JohnStOnge » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:11 pm

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
LOL! But I'm not the kind who cares about having my picture taken with the President of the United States. I think Ronald Reagan was the bomb but I would not have gone to Washington DC to have a picture taken with him. You can believe this or not but I got a prestigious award for stuff I did during the Deepwater Horizon thing. I was invited to go to Washington DC to receive it. Not from the President. But from a high official. I made an excuse not to go and said just to send it to me.

And I would've done the same thing if it'd been the President shaking my hand and giving me the award. I'm just not like that. I don't care. Whatever I do I do for other reasons. I am not impressed by stuff like people being famous.


I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.


Obviously I've never been in their position but I suspect that if I were on a sports team and my team were going on a trip like that I would go out of respect for other members of the team. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it. When I say I don't like going to the Washington DC area I'm just talking about me personally. Also I am not the type that gets excited over being around celebrities. I've run across a few in my time and when I do I pretty much act like I don't know who they are. I just act like they're any other person I might run across. And I couldn't care less about being in a photograph with anybody. I am not excited by the idea of meeting somebody famous. Couldn't care less.

I'm just a curmudgeon I guess. Like I have to go to the Washington DC area from time to time. In fact I have to go next week. But I have never seen any of the sites people like to go to. I've never been down to the mall where all the monuments are and such. Never seen the White House or the Capital Building. Never seen any of that stuff. No desire to see it. I just go to where i need to go, do what I need to do, and get out. Same thing will happen next week. I'll go stay in a hotel that's across the street from the building where my business is. I'll walk back and forth across the street each day to do what I need to do and when I'm done I'll come straight home.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23052
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:49 am

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.


Obviously I've never been in their position but I suspect that if I were on a sports team and my team were going on a trip like that I would go out of respect for other members of the team. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it. When I say I don't like going to the Washington DC area I'm just talking about me personally. Also I am not the type that gets excited over being around celebrities. I've run across a few in my time and when I do I pretty much act like I don't know who they are. I just act like they're any other person I might run across. And I couldn't care less about being in a photograph with anybody. I am not excited by the idea of meeting somebody famous. Couldn't care less.

I'm just a curmudgeon I guess. Like I have to go to the Washington DC area from time to time. In fact I have to go next week. But I have never seen any of the sites people like to go to. I've never been down to the mall where all the monuments are and such. Never seen the White House or the Capital Building. Never seen any of that stuff. No desire to see it. I just go to where i need to go, do what I need to do, and get out. Same thing will happen next week. I'll go stay in a hotel that's across the street from the building where my business is. I'll walk back and forth across the street each day to do what I need to do and when I'm done I'll come straight home.


There's more to DC than politicians, like the Smithsonian and other museums, monuments etc.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4066
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby AshevilleApp » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 pm

CID1990 wrote:Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


NC barbecue is ambrosia, and should be served at state dinners. Mickey D's not so much.

Short Sugars is on my list, but I don't get to Reidsville often.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51653
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby 93henfan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.


Obviously I've never been in their position but I suspect that if I were on a sports team and my team were going on a trip like that I would go out of respect for other members of the team. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it. When I say I don't like going to the Washington DC area I'm just talking about me personally. Also I am not the type that gets excited over being around celebrities. I've run across a few in my time and when I do I pretty much act like I don't know who they are. I just act like they're any other person I might run across. And I couldn't care less about being in a photograph with anybody. I am not excited by the idea of meeting somebody famous. Couldn't care less.

I'm just a curmudgeon I guess. Like I have to go to the Washington DC area from time to time. In fact I have to go next week. But I have never seen any of the sites people like to go to. I've never been down to the mall where all the monuments are and such. Never seen the White House or the Capital Building. Never seen any of that stuff. No desire to see it. I just go to where i need to go, do what I need to do, and get out. Same thing will happen next week. I'll go stay in a hotel that's across the street from the building where my business is. I'll walk back and forth across the street each day to do what I need to do and when I'm done I'll come straight home.


You gonna be anywhere near the Air and Space Museum? I'm two blocks away. We should get lunch. We have a McD's in the building and they'll let you order a cheeseburger with nothing on it. That's if you can speak Spanish.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49915
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby AZGrizFan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
I'm just a curmudgeon I guess.


You GUESS? This some new epiphany you’ve just had? :rofl:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 20103
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby CID1990 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:25 am

AshevilleApp wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


NC barbecue is ambrosia, and should be served at state dinners. Mickey D's not so much.

Short Sugars is on my list, but I don't get to Reidsville often.


It’s a 20 minute drive from my house so I make a point of taking my dad there whenever I am home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 41046
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Postby kalm » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:30 am

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I dunno

For some reason I kind of like the idea of the fast food thing at the WH...

Fast food deep fried, full of fat and sugars... it doesn’t get any more American than that

Embrace the chintzy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I guess the same thing can happen with fancy food but the problem with ordering something like a bunch of hamburgers is that not everybody likes them the same way. Like for instance I like cheeseburgers plain. Just meat and cheese. If I go somewhere and somebody gives me a hamburger with mustard and mayonnaise on it I'm not eating it. Or with pickles. Or with tomatoes. Lettuce I can handle but I'd probably take it off.

Most people aren't as much "plain" as I am but they still like or don't like certain things. I guess a safe choice would be to go with Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches. The only thing they put on those is a pickle and you can take that off if you don't like it.


They don't put mayo on Chick Fil A sammies? :shock:

Now I know for sure it's over rated. :nod:
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AshevilleApp, JALMOND, Mvemjsunpx and 52 guests