Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Also, looks like it was something somebody took with a cellphone in a SCIF.

I wonder if he's just sitting in there during briefings snapping photos of cool shit with his unsecured phone he refuses to relinquish.
1) cell phones aren’t allowed in a SCIF
2) what reason would he have to say we didn’t do something
3) why show a picture?
4) what is going on????




The Madness of King Don is upon us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23767
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Also, looks like it was something somebody took with a cellphone in a SCIF.

I wonder if he's just sitting in there during briefings snapping photos of cool shit with his unsecured phone he refuses to relinquish.
1) cell phones aren’t allowed in a SCIF
2) what reason would he have to say we didn’t do something
3) why show a picture?
4) what is going on????




The Madness of King Don is upon us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. The President’s is. And he can apparently declassify with it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13090
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Cool. Thanks, Trump.
Amateur satellite trackers say they believe an image tweeted by President Trump on Friday came from one of America's most advanced spy satellites.

The image almost certainly came from a satellite known as USA 224, according to Marco Langbroek, a satellite-tracker based in the Netherlands. The satellite was launched by the National Reconnaissance Office in 2011. Almost everything about it remains highly classified, but Langbroek says that based on its size and orbit, most observers believe USA 224 is one of America's multibillion-dollar KH-11 reconnaissance satellites.

"It's basically a very large telescope, not unlike the Hubble Space Telescope," Langbroek says. "But instead of looking up to the stars, it looks down to the earth's surface and makes very detailed images."
But a small community of amateur satellite trackers was far more interested in the picture than the words. These individuals use backyard telescopes to watch satellites whizzing across the sky, and they know where most of them are—even classified ones like USA 224. "They're super bright in the sky and are easy to find," says Michael Thompson, a graduate student in astrodynamics at Purdue University who spots satellites in his spare time. Once a satellite is seen, it's relatively easy to work out exactly where it will be at any point in future. "Using math to calculate an orbit is really easy," he says.

Langbroek went further still. He was able to reconstruct the picture taken by USA 224 by matching the obliqueness of the circular launch pad in the image tweeted by Trump. His calculation showed that the photo was taken from the vantage of USA 224. Langbroek and another online researcher, Christiaan Triebert, also used shadows cast by towers around the launch pad as sun dials—allowing them to verify the time at which the photo was taken.

Both techniques suggest the pictures were snapped by USA 224, which flew near the site at 2:14 PM local time. "The match was perfect, basically," Langbroek says.
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/02/75667348 ... umps-tweet
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54016
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: 1) cell phones aren’t allowed in a SCIF
2) what reason would he have to say we didn’t do something
3) why show a picture?
4) what is going on????




The Madness of King Don is upon us


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. The President’s is. And he can apparently declassify with it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a crime if the President does it. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23767
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
1. The President’s is. And he can apparently declassify with it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not a crime if the President does it. :lol:
In this case, that’s true. The Prez is the ultimate declass authority.

Which is why I said Declassification By Tweet (Fart)

If it had been a cabinet official they would (oops... SHOULD) have been charged


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Imagine if Obama (the Muslim Terrorist) showed our enemies classified Satellite images...

:lol:

talk about "working for Russia in plain sight"
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

These individuals use backyard telescopes to watch satellites whizzing across the sky, and they know where most of them are
Must be riveting entertainment. :lol:
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 53797
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:Imagine if Obama (the Muslim Terrorist) showed our enemies classified Satellite images...

:lol:

talk about "working for Russia in plain sight"
He'll have more flexibility after the election. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9356
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Cool. Thanks, Trump.
Amateur satellite trackers say they believe an image tweeted by President Trump on Friday came from one of America's most advanced spy satellites.

The image almost certainly came from a satellite known as USA 224, according to Marco Langbroek, a satellite-tracker based in the Netherlands. The satellite was launched by the National Reconnaissance Office in 2011. Almost everything about it remains highly classified, but Langbroek says that based on its size and orbit, most observers believe USA 224 is one of America's multibillion-dollar KH-11 reconnaissance satellites.

"It's basically a very large telescope, not unlike the Hubble Space Telescope," Langbroek says. "But instead of looking up to the stars, it looks down to the earth's surface and makes very detailed images."
But a small community of amateur satellite trackers was far more interested in the picture than the words. These individuals use backyard telescopes to watch satellites whizzing across the sky, and they know where most of them are—even classified ones like USA 224. "They're super bright in the sky and are easy to find," says Michael Thompson, a graduate student in astrodynamics at Purdue University who spots satellites in his spare time. Once a satellite is seen, it's relatively easy to work out exactly where it will be at any point in future. "Using math to calculate an orbit is really easy," he says.

Langbroek went further still. He was able to reconstruct the picture taken by USA 224 by matching the obliqueness of the circular launch pad in the image tweeted by Trump. His calculation showed that the photo was taken from the vantage of USA 224. Langbroek and another online researcher, Christiaan Triebert, also used shadows cast by towers around the launch pad as sun dials—allowing them to verify the time at which the photo was taken.

Both techniques suggest the pictures were snapped by USA 224, which flew near the site at 2:14 PM local time. "The match was perfect, basically," Langbroek says.
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/02/75667348 ... umps-tweet
Could it have been a drone?
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

This guy is unbelievable. Here is a picture of him today showing a chart purportedly making it reasonable for him to have tweeted on Sunday, September 1, that Alabama "...will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated:"

Image

Note that the forecast he's showing shows the forecast as of 11 AM Thursday, August 29.

Here is an image of his tweet:

Image

Note that it was tweeted at 9:51 AM Sunday, September 1.

Now, check out this image of the forecast as of 11 AM Saturday, August 31:

Image

And here is the forecast as of 8 AM Sunday, September 1:

Image

As you can see, when he did that tweet, there is no way in hell the forecast suggested Alabama was going to be hit. But he went back in time to find a forecast he could use to TRY to wriggle out of having to admit that he was wrong. Like people aren't going to be able to figure that out.

And then there's the fact that SOMEBODY (I wonder who) apparently used a Sharpie on the chart he was showing to draw a bubble towards Alabama on the map. I mean, how bad is that? People, this guy is not all there.

This guy is hopeless. And so are people who believe ANYTHING he says.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13090
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Tangential to editing the NOAA map with a Sharpie to include Alabama....

He commissioned Sharpie to make him personalized pens. His request was for them to "make it look rich"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-u ... en-2018-11

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23767
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:Imagine if Obama (the Muslim Terrorist) showed our enemies classified Satellite images...

:lol:

talk about "working for Russia in plain sight"
His Secretary of State did -

and there was (rightly) a lot of outrage

Many of those previously outraged people are now no so outraged


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Imagine if Obama (the Muslim Terrorist) showed our enemies classified Satellite images...

:lol:

talk about "working for Russia in plain sight"
His Secretary of State did -

and there was (rightly) a lot of outrage

Many of those previously outraged people are now no so outraged


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please provide details on Obama's Secretary of State showing enemies classified Satellite imagery. I'm not saying it didn't happen. But I'd like to see the details.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23767
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
His Secretary of State did -

and there was (rightly) a lot of outrage

Many of those previously outraged people are now no so outraged


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please provide details on Obama's Secretary of State showing enemies classified Satellite imagery. I'm not saying it didn't happen. But I'd like to see the details.
John,

Some very drawn out conversations occurred right here on this very site

In one of her emails (which was classified by another agency) was satellite imagery - transmitted on her own private email server, which and idiot knows was being read by any competent intelligence agency all the way down to the Central African Republic’s

Now, she didn’t hand it over in a brown envelope marked “super duper secret” to Dolph Lundgren, and she didn’t Tweet it, but under the law governing what she did it was precisely the same thing

Please go down the intent avenue again it will be totally nonrepetitive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

Wake me up when John makes a short, concise good post.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8223
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

css75 wrote:Wake me up when John makes a short, concise good post.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good night Rip Van Winkle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46250
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:Wake me up when John makes a short, concise good post.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He did a couple posts before yours.
Image
Image
Image

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46250
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Please provide details on Obama's Secretary of State showing enemies classified Satellite imagery. I'm not saying it didn't happen. But I'd like to see the details.
John,

Some very drawn out conversations occurred right here on this very site

In one of her emails (which was classified by another agency) was satellite imagery - transmitted on her own private email server, which and idiot knows was being read by any competent intelligence agency all the way down to the Central African Republic’s

Now, she didn’t hand it over in a brown envelope marked “super duper secret” to Dolph Lundgren, and she didn’t Tweet it, but under the law governing what she did it was precisely the same thing

Please go down the intent avenue again it will be totally nonrepetitive


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
* any
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff2 wrote:Notice the lack of comments from the Trump sycophants on here?
That's because there aren't any. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:Notice the lack of comments from the Trump sycophants on here?
That's because there aren't any. :lol:
There are a few...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 35763
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's because there aren't any. :lol:
There are a few...

:nod:
And by a few you mean two?
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
There are a few...

:nod:
And by a few you mean two?
:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2512
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:This guy is unbelievable. Here is a picture of him today showing a chart purportedly making it reasonable for him to have tweeted on Sunday, September 1, that Alabama "...will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated:"

Image

Note that the forecast he's showing shows the forecast as of 11 AM Thursday, August 29.

Here is an image of his tweet:

Image

Note that it was tweeted at 9:51 AM Sunday, September 1.

Now, check out this image of the forecast as of 11 AM Saturday, August 31:

Image

And here is the forecast as of 8 AM Sunday, September 1:

Image

As you can see, when he did that tweet, there is no way in hell the forecast suggested Alabama was going to be hit. But he went back in time to find a forecast he could use to TRY to wriggle out of having to admit that he was wrong. Like people aren't going to be able to figure that out.

And then there's the fact that SOMEBODY (I wonder who) apparently used a Sharpie on the chart he was showing to draw a bubble towards Alabama on the map. I mean, how bad is that? People, this guy is not all there.

This guy is hopeless. And so are people who believe ANYTHING he says.
Notice the lack of comments from the Trump sycophants on here? There is NOTHING to defend about this guy. They want their judges at ANY cost.....plain & simple. :nod:

:coffee:
Not true, JSO posts are just so long and convoluted I just don’t bother with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 18270
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
Notice the lack of comments from the Trump sycophants on here? There is NOTHING to defend about this guy. They want their judges at ANY cost.....plain & simple. :nod:

:coffee:
Not true, JSO posts are just so long and convoluted I just don’t bother with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one wasn't convoluted at all. Very direct. And mostly pictures.

The guy is an atrocity. Having him as President humiliates the United States. It makes us the laughing stock of the planet.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11004
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by HI54UNI »

Hey JSO what's your address? I'll buy you a Trump sharpie. :lol:

Image

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... int-marker
All my posts are satire.

Post Reply