2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Political discussions
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12981
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby GannonFan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:09 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:I don't think Buttigieg is lacking intelligence


Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing him in the same circle of stupid that say, a Beto lives in. I just put Yang that much further ahead of him, that's all I'm saying.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21693
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:10 am

89Hen wrote:
houndawg wrote:

:rofl:

Webb would make a good solid staff guy, but he is, or certainly was, anyway, a bit parochial in his outlook to lead a diverse nation. Women can't fight? Really? :roll:

Jim Webb is easily one of the most creepy guys around. :suspicious:


Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12444
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:22 am

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I don't think Buttigieg is lacking intelligence


Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing him in the same circle of stupid that say, a Beto lives in. I just put Yang that much further ahead of him, that's all I'm saying.


Yeah, I just mean it sounds like you already think Buttigieg is a good candidate. If so, I agree. I might vote for him.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12444
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:26 am

CID1990 wrote:

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


And then whipped the fannies of the western VA Scots Irish in the war.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 12981
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby GannonFan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:30 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


And then whipped the fannies of the western VA Scots Irish in the war.


What war? The Civil War where the folks in western VA, you know, formed "West Virginia" and fought for the Union? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21693
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


And then whipped the fannies of the western VA Scots Irish in the war.


What imaginary war would you be referring to, Reek?

Why do you stalk me so?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33491
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby 89Hen » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 am

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote:Jim Webb is easily one of the most creepy guys around. :suspicious:


Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle

:suspicious: WTF does that have to do with anything? The dude is a creep. I don't throw around the word misogynist often, but he most definitely is one. Perhaps you were abroad when he ran for office in 2006, but I was shocked that he won.
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 12444
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:41 am

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
And then whipped the fannies of the western VA Scots Irish in the war.


What war? The Civil War where the folks in western VA, you know, formed "West Virginia" and fought for the Union? :coffee:


The same western Virginia Cid was alluding to and Webb's family is from. Not what became West Virginia.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21693
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 pm

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle

:suspicious: WTF does that have to do with anything? The dude is a creep. I don't throw around the word misogynist often, but he most definitely is one. Perhaps you were abroad when he ran for office in 2006, but I was shocked that he won.


89 the word you’re looking for is the one we Ulster Scots use:

he’s “ornery”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 pm

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:This came across my FB timeline. Interesting in that the image shows Harris but no Bernie (the Democratic establishment and media might still just have teentsie weentsie bias towards him :lol: ).

Then note the first reply. I responded with "ageist, racist, and sexist all in one post. good job!"

cs.com has taught me well. :mrgreen:



Don't doubt the establisment's and the media's aversion to Bernie - I've seen things like that for the past year on my FB feed and Bernie is never promoted in anyway whatsoever. The only certainty I have is that Bernie will never win the Democratic nomination - that will never be allowed to happen.



And that is a good thing. He never was a Democrat, he is a Socialist, at least Warren claims to be a Dem, even though she is probably as much as a Socialist as Bernie.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5902
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:44 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
And then whipped the fannies of the western VA Scots Irish in the war.


What imaginary war would you be referring to, Reek?

Why do you stalk me so?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're his white whale Scotty.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23268
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:56 am

Gary Hart has endorsed Michael Bennet!
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 42515
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby kalm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:23 am

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote:Jim Webb is easily one of the most creepy guys around. :suspicious:


Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image
Image
Image
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16816
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:36 pm

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote:Jim Webb is easily one of the most creepy guys around. :suspicious:


Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





You are so cute when you're mad.


Geez, dude, get a grip -its not like he's the only misogynistic creep from western VA. We thank him for his service and all, but, still, at the same time- :roll:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21693
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:55 pm

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Allow me to lump you, klam, and houndawg all in together

I’ll call you three the Cunt Club

It’s exclusive!

I’ll leave Webb’s war record out of this

He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





You are so cute when you're mad.


Geez, dude, get a grip -its not like he's the only misogynistic creep from western VA. We thank him for his service and all, but, still, at the same time- :roll:


That’s all you and the rest of the CS Betas have? Accusing people of misogyny?

Show me on the doll where the scary Virginian touched you, HD


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16816
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:33 am

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:



You are so cute when you're mad.


Geez, dude, get a grip -its not like he's the only misogynistic creep from western VA. We thank him for his service and all, but, still, at the same time- :roll:


That’s all you and the rest of the CS Betas have? Accusing people of misogyny?

Show me on the doll where the scary Virginian touched you, HD


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:



Jim Webb. :ohno:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 33491
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby 89Hen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:44 am

It's a strange day when I agree with HD on something regarding politics.
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16816
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby houndawg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm

89Hen wrote:It's a strange day when I agree with HD on something regarding politics.



Strange days have found us - Jim Morrison
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17615
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Gold Standard ABC News Washington Post poll conducted September 2 - 5 has Trump estimated down in the overall vote to Democrat candidates among registered voters as follows:

Biden: Trump down by 15
Sanders: Trump down by 15
Warren: Trump down by 7
Harris: Trump down by 7
Buttigieg: Trump down by 4

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democra ... d=65415134

For reference, here is how the ABC News Washington Post did with respect to the past four Presidential elections:

Image

That poll's point estimate was within 2 percentage points with respect to the margin all four times. If you look at something like Biden and Sanders being up by 15 over Trump right now in that poll along with Warren and Harris being up 7 and think "the polls are wrong" you are kidding yourself. If Trump was running against any of those four candidates right now he would lose the popular vote.

I also think it's unlikely he'd win the Electoral vote. Especially against Biden or Sanders. It is theoretically possible for a candidate to lose the popular vote by double digits and win the Electoral College but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5902
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby UNI88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 pm

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:You are so cute when you're mad.

Geez, dude, get a grip -its not like he's the only misogynistic creep from western VA. We thank him for his service and all, but, still, at the same time- :roll:


That’s all you and the rest of the CS Betas have? Accusing people of misogyny?

Show me on the doll where the scary Virginian touched you, HD


Is this better?

CID1990 wrote:He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because Webb’s and my ancestors drove your soft-handed ancestors in that direction like panicked cattle. Fortunately, we're more robust because the Norse went a viking and were able to greatly improve the genetic stock when they happened upon a comely Scots Irish lass.


Or this?

CID1990 wrote:He’s a western VA Scots Irish and you midwesterners who fancy yourselves as hardscrabble only live out there because your ancestors were braver and more adventurous than Webb’s and my ancestors and left to seek more fertile land in god's country.


:poke:

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm

houndawg wrote:
89Hen wrote:It's a strange day when I agree with HD on something regarding politics.



Strange days have found us - Jim Morrison


People are Strange- also Jim Morrison


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
css75
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2505
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby css75 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:Gold Standard ABC News Washington Post poll conducted September 2 - 5 has Trump estimated down in the overall vote to Democrat candidates among registered voters as follows:

Biden: Trump down by 15
Sanders: Trump down by 15
Warren: Trump down by 7
Harris: Trump down by 7
Buttigieg: Trump down by 4

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democra ... d=65415134

For reference, here is how the ABC News Washington Post did with respect to the past four Presidential elections:

Image

That poll's point estimate was within 2 percentage points with respect to the margin all four times. If you look at something like Biden and Sanders being up by 15 over Trump right now in that poll along with Warren and Harris being up 7 and think "the polls are wrong" you are kidding yourself. If Trump was running against any of those four candidates right now he would lose the popular vote.

I also think it's unlikely he'd win the Electoral vote. Especially against Biden or Sanders. It is theoretically possible for a candidate to lose the popular vote by double digits and win the Electoral College but I sure wouldn't bet on it.


Who gives a crap?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23268
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:35 am

Anybody going to watch the Houston “debate” tonight? Will the “gaffe of the day” come from Biden, Harris, or “the field”? 8-)
“...we are ALL cunts.” — CID1990, 10/31/19

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21693
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby CID1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:37 am

Ivytalk wrote:Anybody going to watch the Houston “debate” tonight? Will the “gaffe of the day” come from Biden, Harris, or “the field”? 8-)


Maybe Biden will shoot blood from his eyes at his enemies

like a gila monster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

mainejeff2
Level2
Level2
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Postby mainejeff2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 am

Elizabeth Warren all the way......she is the only one with big enough balls to go toe to toe with Trump.

Bring it on!


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 424 guests