9/11

Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 35810
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: 9/11

Post by CAA Flagship »

mainejeff wrote:Image
phpBB [video]

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12696
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 9/11

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Image
First it was abortion inducing dog whistles

and now this!?!?

watch out for the sky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No shit, Trump triggers/trolls the progtards even when he isn't trying. Max entertainment level achieved. :lol:

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10724
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: 9/11

Post by Vidav »

I was sleeping when the first plane hit. Wife woke me up to tell me about it and we watched the second hit live.

Crazy shit.
93 had something to do with this:
Image

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10556
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 9/11

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Americans not born during 9/11 can officially start dying for it tomorrow.

Congrats everyone. We've collectively raised an entire generation, from birth to adulthood, in wartime.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54679
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 9/11

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Americans not born during 9/11 can officially start dying for it tomorrow.

Congrats everyone. We've collectively raised an entire generation, from birth to adulthood, in wartime.
Will you be in DC tomorrow? I will bring cookies. Are you gluten intolerant?
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." - Beta O'Rourke

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10556
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 9/11

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Americans not born during 9/11 can officially start dying for it tomorrow.

Congrats everyone. We've collectively raised an entire generation, from birth to adulthood, in wartime.
Will you be in DC tomorrow? I will bring cookies. Are you gluten intolerant?
Quite the opposite; I'm on a gluten-only diet. Can you drink alcohol right now?

I'll bring champs for all the civil liberties we've lost and the fellow countrymen that died to lose 'em.

#neverforget

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54679
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm
Location: Slower Delaware

Re: 9/11

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Can you drink alcohol right now?
:ohno: :cry:

My liver is going through boot camp right now.
"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47." - Beta O'Rourke

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52477
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 9/11

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Americans not born during 9/11 can officially start dying for it tomorrow.

Congrats everyone. We've collectively raised an entire generation, from birth to adulthood, in wartime.
You act like this is the first time that’s happened.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10556
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: 9/11

Post by ∞∞∞ »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Can you drink alcohol right now?
:ohno: :cry:

My liver is going through boot camp right now.
Once you're cleared, I'll get you the best Bud Light a flaggy can buy. :kisswink:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22610
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: 9/11

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:heard the first plane hit while driving to work in Nashville. Spent most of the day either in the breakroom watching small TV, or trying to hit up overloaded websites.
You heard it all the way from Nashville?

I was indoors in Charleston so I didn't hear it.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 35810
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: 9/11

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:
:ohno: :cry:

My liver is going through boot camp right now.
Once you're cleared, I'll get you the best Bud Light a flaggy can buy. :kisswink:
:tothehand: AB products are as consistent as a beer can be. And it doesn't matter which of the 12 breweries they were made. There is no "best". All AB beers are created equal. :king:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 9/11

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Once you're cleared, I'll get you the best Bud Light a flaggy can buy. :kisswink:
:tothehand: AB products are as consistent as a beer can be. And it doesn't matter which of the 12 breweries they were made. There is no "best". All AB beers are created equal. :king:
Yeah...we know there isn't any best. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17467
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
Location: SC

Re: 9/11

Post by ASUG8 »

9/11 is the wife's birthday, so we're going to a nice dinner tonight.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 43482
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: 9/11

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:heard the first plane hit while driving to work in Nashville. Spent most of the day either in the breakroom watching small TV, or trying to hit up overloaded websites.
You heard it all the way from Nashville?

I was indoors in Charleston so I didn't hear it.
I have good hearing.
Image
Image

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 34537
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 9/11

Post by 89Hen »

ASUG8 wrote:9/11 is the wife's birthday, so we're going to a nice dinner tonight.
That's now three folks I know with 9/11 birthdays. One of them was born 9/11/01
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6718
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: 9/11

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :tothehand: AB products are as consistent as a beer can be. And it doesn't matter which of the 12 breweries they were made. There is no "best". All AB beers are created equal. :king:
Yeah...we know there isn't any best. :coffee:
Image

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52531
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 9/11

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yeah...we know there isn't any best. :coffee:
Image
BEAST!

My dad was an OMB drinker.

He was also a High Life drinker.

He drank like a college student.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24642
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: 9/11

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote:Chizzang:
"I was ironing my jeans and watching the Today Show when the first plane hit the WTC."

JSO:
"I was pissed to learn they hit the WTC twice and not the Trump Tower."

Gil Dobie:
"I was getting ready to tackle the first round of leaves for the season."

houndawg:
"I couldn't figure out why there wasn't any planes flying over the Heartland. Went to the General Store and heard the news.'

SCBH:
"I was fishing. It was a beautiful morning."

bandl:
"I was working on a business plan for a landscaping business and learning how to speak Spanish."

HI54UNI:
"I was building a flux capacitor when I heard the news."

CID:
"I was smoking a cigar and drinking scotch somewhere in the third world."

Col Hogan:
"I was watching the whole thing unfold from the radar screens at work."

andy:
"I was watching Cappy's porn collection and heard the news in between VCR tape changes."

GATW:
"Was waking up from a long weekend hangover on the couch at grizzaholic's house. I tripped over SE while trying to find the remote to turn up the volume on the TV."

kalm:
"I just got the smoker going for the day-long cooking of a bucket of geodicks that I gathered over the weekend."
2001 we didn't live at the leaf estate. Still only a dream at that time. Move here in 2005.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24151
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: 9/11

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yeah...we know there isn't any best. :coffee:
Image
“Milwaukee’s Best Premium” is an oxymoron.
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17199
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 9/11

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I was driving to work in Boise Idaho listening to the Bob & Tom show...... I actually thought it was a gag bit on their show for about 10 mins.

When I realized it was real I turned around bought 30 cases of water and 2k rounds of ammo and went home. I didn't go to work that week just made sure I was in the best defensive posture if anything else happened.

I think people get honored enough but as a country the majority have forgot and still want to let out country be invaded by people that want to actively crush our culture.

Those people need to be dealt with harshly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nobody missed you.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17199
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 9/11

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:Where were you? And do you think this country does enough to remember this attack/victims and honor/care fore the first responders?

I was getting ready for work when the first plane hit. My boss called me at home (unusual in those days) and told me to turn on the TV. Sat there watching live coverage as the 2nd plane hit. Being a Naval Reserve Officer there was rumor every reservist was getting activated immediately, so there was lots of angst in our household.

And the answer to the 2nd part is yes & no. I think first responders got fucked in this deal.
Its always a bad day when you die on the job. :coffee:

But your compassion (sometimes) for the working man is touching. These guys were all volunteers and were very well compensated for their work with a wage/benefit package that 98% of Americans would happily volunteer to be part of. Whenever they hire the competition is beyond fierce for the positions and if you aren't the child of a firefighter, good luck landing the gig. Sure its a tragic event, just like every coal mine collapse - you do feel the same way about coal miners, right? I don't see how the firefighters are getting fvcked any worse by the private healthcare insurance industry than the rest of us? Who among us hasn't had a claim denied by somebody making an 8-figure bonus?
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8732
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 9/11

Post by SeattleGriz »

Was commuting to work with my wife and we stopped at a Starbucks in Scottsdale, AZ and everyone was on their cell phones. I told my wife Scottsdale was full of douchebags always on their phones.

Got to work and realized why.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 43482
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: 9/11

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote:Was commuting to work with my wife and we stopped at a Starbucks in Scottsdale, AZ and everyone was on their cell phones. I told my wife Scottsdale was full of douchebags always on their phones.

Got to work and realized why.

A lot of Scottsdale is full of douchebags. (not my part). :)
Image
Image

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52477
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: 9/11

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Where were you? And do you think this country does enough to remember this attack/victims and honor/care fore the first responders?

I was getting ready for work when the first plane hit. My boss called me at home (unusual in those days) and told me to turn on the TV. Sat there watching live coverage as the 2nd plane hit. Being a Naval Reserve Officer there was rumor every reservist was getting activated immediately, so there was lots of angst in our household.

And the answer to the 2nd part is yes & no. I think first responders got fucked in this deal.
Its always a bad day when you die on the job. :coffee:

But your compassion (sometimes) for the working man is touching. These guys were all volunteers and were very well compensated for their work with a wage/benefit package that 98% of Americans would happily volunteer to be part of. Whenever they hire the competition is beyond fierce for the positions and if you aren't the child of a firefighter, good luck landing the gig. Sure its a tragic event, just like every coal mine collapse - you do feel the same way about coal miners, right? I don't see how the firefighters are getting fvcked any worse by the private healthcare insurance industry than the rest of us? Who among us hasn't had a claim denied by somebody making an 8-figure bonus?
You have this special way of making everything in the world seem fucked beyond belief.

Congrats.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17199
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: 9/11

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Its always a bad day when you die on the job. :coffee:

But your compassion (sometimes) for the working man is touching. These guys were all volunteers and were very well compensated for their work with a wage/benefit package that 98% of Americans would happily volunteer to be part of. Whenever they hire the competition is beyond fierce for the positions and if you aren't the child of a firefighter, good luck landing the gig. Sure its a tragic event, just like every coal mine collapse - you do feel the same way about coal miners, right? I don't see how the firefighters are getting fvcked any worse by the private healthcare insurance industry than the rest of us? Who among us hasn't had a claim denied by somebody making an 8-figure bonus?
You have this special way of making everything in the world seem fucked beyond belief.

Congrats.

Well, that's because I think that things have been pretty much all downhill since 9/11, planet-wide, and that things are getting worse. I notice you didn't argue with what I said, which is unusual in and of itself.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Post Reply