I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

All other college sports!
Post Reply

What is the I-A GOTW?

Wisconsin @ Ohio State
3
27%
Auburn @ LSU
5
45%
Notre Dame @ Michigan
3
27%
 
Total votes: 11

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 34688
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by 89Hen »

Rather skinny slate.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 24739
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Historic Leduc Estate

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wisconsin's loss to Illinois takes some of the luster off that game.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24240
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by Ivytalk »

Auburn- LSU. Because SEC.
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by SuperHornet »

SEC whomps. The best conference in college football is the Big Sky. End of report....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by SuperHornet »

Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

The first one, at least, is a battle of 5-2 vs. 5-1. The only thing really in favor of the second is the presence of my former position coach at UTEP. The third at least pits a team with a decent record against a nominal Big Ten. (Admittedly, said school has no business in the Big Ten. They're only there to ensure a money-making championship game. Bogus reasoning in my book..)
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 24240
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by Ivytalk »

SuperHornet wrote:Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

The first one, at least, is a battle of 5-2 vs. 5-1. The only thing really in favor of the second is the presence of my former position coach at UTEP. The third at least pits a team with a decent record against a nominal Big Ten. (Admittedly, said school has no business in the Big Ten. They're only there to ensure a money-making championship game. Bogus reasoning in my book..)
Right on cue. :lol:

Jersey State will curb-stomp the Flying Falwells.
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 52578
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by AZGrizFan »

OK. Who saw the ending of the Texas Tech/Kansas game. I don’t believe I’ve EVER seen a game end like that.

Tie score, 34-34. KU attempts a 40 yard FG to win, with 12 seconds on the clock.

Tech BLOCKS the FG, recovers the ball and attempts to run it back, fumbling in the process.

KU recovers the fumble, gets the ball back with :02 left on the clock and kicks a 37 yard FG to win the game.

Unfucking real. Tech cannot buy a break this year.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by SuperHornet »

Ivytalk wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

The first one, at least, is a battle of 5-2 vs. 5-1. The only thing really in favor of the second is the presence of my former position coach at UTEP. The third at least pits a team with a decent record against a nominal Big Ten. (Admittedly, said school has no business in the Big Ten. They're only there to ensure a money-making championship game. Bogus reasoning in my book..)
Right on cue. :lol:

Jersey State will curb-stomp the Flying Falwells.
While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 35974
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:OK. Who saw the ending of the Texas Tech/Kansas game. I don’t believe I’ve EVER seen a game end like that.

Tie score, 34-34. KU attempts a 40 yard FG to win, with 12 seconds on the clock.

Tech BLOCKS the FG, recovers the ball and attempts to run it back, fumbling in the process.

KU recovers the fumble, gets the ball back with :02 left on the clock and kicks a 37 yard FG to win the game.

Unfucking real. Tech cannot buy a break this year.
Saw the highlights of that. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 34688
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....
Anyone losing to Rutgers is a curbstomping. Pretty sure there are some HS teams that could beat them.
Image

User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 15948
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....
Anyone losing to Rutgers is a curbstomping. Pretty sure there are some HS teams that could beat them.
Concord-De La Salle....
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

Post Reply