Political discussions
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by Winterborn »

93henfan wrote:DAYUM!!! :shock: :o Image :notworthy: :clap:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote:DAYUM!!! :shock: :o :lol: :notworthy: :clap:
This pretty much nailed who Hildamort is - "the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party."
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-threadt to increase corruption and inefficiency? Oh yea, I forgot, common c

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:

A bundle of stupid. Get the gov out of health care. Do you actually want more corruption and less health care for everyone except the black immigrant they use on the public service ads to get you to emotionally agree.

Oh yea, almost forgot, common core and the “news” are designed to educate you ignorant but emotionally agreeable. You can’t help it you got edumicated.
Serious question...In what specific ways has Medicare driven up the cost of healthcare or reduced services?
How about not paying costs. My wife works at a small rural hospital where the majority of patients are on Medicare. Medicare will only pay 99% of their costs which means they are slowly bleeding to death. They are currently looking at closing their inpatient wing, essentially becoming a bandaid station/outpatient clinic. If that happens the population, particularly the elderly, will have to leave town when they need certain services.

And it's not just happening here. It's happening at rural hospitals all over.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Winterborn wrote:
93henfan wrote:DAYUM!!! :shock: :o Image :notworthy: :clap:
:lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Tulsi Gabbard just moved up several notches in my book.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Hillary says that Gabbard is a Russian asset.

Man, she's like grampa Simpson when he was claiming Death was coming to get him.
Hey, she said Stein was a Russian asset in 2016 as well. Darn it, I purposely tried not to vote for a Russian asset - they're just everywhere apparently. :ohno:
Well, you do favor single payer, so you’re two peas in a pod.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:Tulsi Gabbard just moved up several notches in my little black book.
Accuracy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Tulsi Gabbard just moved up several notches in my little black book.
Accuracy.
And here I was thinking she just moved AZ's zipper down several notches.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gabbard is a far-right conservative and has a long record to back it up. If someone proved she had ties to Putin, I wouldn't be surprised (seems like a lot of cons have been in bed with the Russians).

Stein 2.0 can go f*ck herself.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:CID, is she qualified for a cabinet position?

She also might make an interesting VP candidate. Conks don’t seem to mind her as much.
She make my libertarian bits move on foreign policy

She’s attractive when she’s bashing establishment donks but she’s still a force of gummint statist

But yeah she’d do well as maybe a VP (since they are toothless and can’t fvk much up)

I can’t think of a department she’d be qualified to run... but she could make a decent ambassador or spec envoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:CID, is she qualified for a cabinet position?

She also might make an interesting VP candidate. Conks don’t seem to mind her as much.
She make my libertarian bits move on foreign policy

She’s attractive when she’s bashing establishment donks but she’s still a force of gummint statist

But yeah she’d do well as maybe a VP (since they are toothless and can’t fvk much up)

I can’t think of a department she’d be qualified to run... but she could make a decent ambassador or spec envoy

That one is easy, UN Ambassador.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote:Gabbard is a far-right conservative and has a long record to back it up. If someone proved she had ties to Putin, I wouldn't be surprised (seems like a lot of cons have been in bed with the Russians).

Really? :suspicious:

Not surprised that you believe this, based on your previous posting. Be pretty hard for anybody to be left of yourself.
It starting to make sense now why you give the middle of the road folks grief for being right wingers. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by Ibanez »

Trip, I figured you would love Putin. Contrary to your moaning, you really don’t like Democracy since it means people with opposing views have a say and you can’t implement what you think is proper. You’ve proven that.

Honestly, it’s a wonder why far left people like you don’t like an authoritative person like Putin.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:Gabbard is a far-right conservative and has a long record to back it up. If someone proved she had ties to Putin, I wouldn't be surprised (seems like a lot of cons have been in bed with the Russians).

:dunce:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:Trip, I figured you would love Putin. Contrary to your moaning, you really don’t like Democracy since it means people with opposing views have a say and you can’t implement what you think is proper. You’ve proven that.

Honestly, it’s a wonder why far left people like you don’t like an authoritative person like Putin.

They do - the ones with the correct thinking

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gabbard's conservatism has been out there a while, at least within liberal circles. People started noticing an overlap of her being promoted by the same bots which support Russian interests, she was being considered for cabinet positions by Trump, and the alt-right media, Fox, and RT constantly fawn over her.

It only became impossible to ignore now 'cause HRC drew national attention to it.

And her record is terrifying:

-Barr summary (not even Mueller Report) comes out and says it's time to move on.
-Resigns from the DNC.
-Defends WikiLeaks and Assange.
-Worked for anti-gay group which promotes conversion therapy.
-Wants to end sanctions against Bashar al-Assad, and was the only "Democrat" who voted against legislation condemning him for gassing people. Met him in 2017.
-Used Project Veritas as proof on national TV a few times now.
-Declines to join Democrats in condemning Bannon.
-Voted to block Syrian refugees from entering US.
-Consistently and almost without fail, misses votes important to the Democratic party.
-Comes from a conservative activist family and has close ties with Sheldon Adelson, including introducing legislation that he's pushed for.
-Rated poorly by almost every progressive and liberal website for her track record in Congress.

Whatever though, Gabbard is polling at 1%. No one is falling for her conservative garbage.

I'm sure she'll end up running as a third party candidate.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:Gabbard's conservatism has been out there a while, at least within liberal circles. People started noticing an overlap of her being promoted by the same bots which support Russian interests, she was being considered for cabinet positions by Trump, and the alt-right media, Fox, and RT constantly fawn over her.

It only became impossible to ignore now 'cause HRC drew national attention to it.

And her record is terrifying:

-Barr summary (not even Mueller Report) comes out and says it's time to move on.
-Resigns from the DNC.
-Defends WikiLeaks and Assange.
-Worked for anti-gay group which promotes conversion therapy.
-Wants to end sanctions against Bashar al-Assad, and was the only "Democrat" who voted against legislation condemning him for gassing people. Met him in 2017.
-Used Project Veritas as proof on national TV a few times now.
-Declines to join Democrats in condemning Bannon.
-Voted to block Syrian refugees from entering US.
-Consistently and almost without fail, misses votes important to the Democratic party.
-Comes from a conservative activist family and has close ties with Sheldon Adelson, including introducing legislation that he's pushed for.
-Rated poorly by almost every progressive and liberal website for her track record in Congress.

Whatever though, Gabbard is polling at 1%. No one is falling for her conservative garbage.

I'm sure she'll end up running as a third party candidate.
She resigned from the DNC in solidarity and support of Bernie.

She’s far from the only notable lefty who defends Wikileaks and Snowden.

She’s renounced some of her earlier positions and at least had the courage to talk to Assad and find out for herself.

Rather than monolithic support of everything “liberal” she is instead left on most issues with a conservative tilt on a few (sounds like any reasonable person and probably what this country needs more of at this point). Hardly far right. I’d say she is to the left of Hillary who you probably voted for.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

But Trip is right in his overall thoughts regarding the ideological spectrum. The Dems have been a center right party and both parties are clearly to the right of polling on most issues. Political outcomes follow cash rather than voter sentiment. The wealthy and large corporations are the constituency.

EG: you’d find a hell of a lot more support on environmental protection if there was money to be made and spent on campaigns there.

:nod:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

IMO, Tulsi is trying to appeal to both the moderate and progressive wing of the party, and has just managed to tick both of them off. She's just not very politically astute or sharp.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote:

Really? :suspicious:

Not surprised that you believe this, based on your previous posting. Be pretty hard for anybody to be left of yourself.
It starting to make sense now why you give the middle of the road folks grief for being right wingers. :coffee:
:nod: :nod: Us middle of the road folks are “dangerous crazy uncles” who are going to “destroy the country” in trip’s eyes. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Lol. The old Attorney General from California, Kamala Harris, can't name a single crime Guiliani has committed when asked, right after she claims he is guilty of multiple crimes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaavedra ... frame.html
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:But Trip is right in his overall thoughts regarding the ideological spectrum. The Dems have been a center right party and both parties are clearly to the right of polling on most issues. Political outcomes follow cash rather than voter sentiment. The wealthy and large corporations are the constituency.

EG: you’d find a hell of a lot more support on environmental protection if there was money to be made and spent on campaigns there.

Emphasis on "has been." The current pack of candidates is not center right.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:But Trip is right in his overall thoughts regarding the ideological spectrum. The Dems have been a center right party and both parties are clearly to the right of polling on most issues. Political outcomes follow cash rather than voter sentiment. The wealthy and large corporations are the constituency.

Harris, Booker, Butti, Biden, Yang are.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Weed legal in the Palouse?

You’re smoking it

Biden is the only one who comes close

I could possibly vote for Yang but I’m under no illusions that he is solidly left of center

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Weed legal in the Palouse?

You’re smoking it

Biden is the only one who comes close

I could possibly vote for Yang but I’m under no illusions that he is solidly left of center

Yes it is. No I'm not.

If you use the metric of how voters poll rather than how things are reported by the media or the candidates offered, 'Murica is to the left of where you think. Cripes, you're probably to the left of where you think. :lol: