SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Trump is rooting out corruption? He's a NY real estate developer, he is to corruption what Satan is to evil. Is he using his extensive experience in corruption to help root it out?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
That comment made me chuckle. Trump is the epitome of corruption. Just look at the company he keeps and his well documented business practices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you provide any backup to your claim of Trump's corruption or is that just your personal opinion?

I've admitted I felt Trump was your typical businessman in the fact he used his wealth to bury people via lawyers.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If TRUMPS DOJ doesn’t want to investigate it, that might tell you something.

But sure, let’s have a foreign country meddle in our elections. That’s a shitty defense.

Trump's DOJ. That's the issue. Who in Trump's DOJ refused to speak to the Ukrainians?

This is just like this whole debacle. Careerist officials believing the American public elected them.
I don’t believe that. It sounds like career officials realized this wasn’t normal.

But when was the DoJ asked to investigate Biden and when did they refuse? I’d be SHOCKED to learn that Barr and others wouldn’t do as Trump instructed. I find that hard to believe.

Btw - you still haven’t explained how requesting foreign interference in our elections is acceptable. Let the DoJ investigate Burisma. Let them deal with it. If the phone call had been just about pushing them on rooting out corruption- Burisma and Biden were never mentioned and aid was never brought up then the call would be a non-starter.

But that’s not what happened.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That comment made me chuckle. Trump is the epitome of corruption. Just look at the company he keeps and his well documented business practices.

Can you provide any backup to your claim of Trump's corruption or is that just your personal opinion?

I've admitted I felt Trump was your typical businessman in the fact he used his wealth to bury people via lawyers.

I’ll back up my claim when you prove that a POTUS requesting foreign interference in our elections isn’t a problem.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
I think you missed what I have previously said. Pretty obvious Trump is using the fact that Biden bragged about getting Shokin fired as his means for "rooting out corruption".

Quid Pro Joe should have kept his mouth shut.

Pretty obvious by the lack of interest in the Bidens, that this is one of those "for me, but not thee" arrangements the political class was supposed to get away with.

How is investigating that in the interest of the US with respect to our Ukraine foreign policy?

Not a single person here or anywhere has made a logical defense or explanation. I wonder why. Perhaps investigating a private citizen has no impact on US security or foreign policy. Perhaps investigating Biden will have no impact on our ability to help Ukraine protect itself.

And does the GOP honestly believe that because the aid was eventually released, Ukraine didn’t make the announcements, etc...that the requests weren’t wrong? I’m not keen on Castro’s analogies but he makes a good point - crimes that were attempted are still crimes regardless of the outcome.

CID has said it well and I’ll reiterate - Schiff screwed up by not getting Bolton. That should’ve started on Day 1 since they knew it’d be a fight.

Are you saying that Bolton can no longer be subpoenaed? Why not?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That comment made me chuckle. Trump is the epitome of corruption. Just look at the company he keeps and his well documented business practices.

Do you have an explanation for why somebody with nothing to hide has fought so hard to keep the truth from coming out?

Where there is smoke there is fire. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
There’s plenty of that to go around unfortunately

I actually sympathize with them (a little)

How do you really impeach a guy and maintain the political high ground when the Prez’s eventual defense is going to be “Yeah I did it. So what?”.... and nobody is going to switch sides over it

Think of it as a wash.... I think voters will ultimately break on his record. If he successfully touts it in 2020 ... the economy, jobs, a new NAFTA, China, etc - I think he’ll win the Rust Belt again

But the Dems are going to give him a huge assist if they don’t come off the “free sh1t for all” platform

The only people getting free shit are the war pigs - "free shit for all" is just letting some other snouts into the trough
Maybe you should do the math on that. Those "other snouts" are massively bigger.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:Ultimately this exercise is about one thing...
Everybody agreeing that a sitting president can coerce an ally to investigate an opponent for aid
once we've established it's okay we can move forward

Nobody can deny it happened
what we're establishing now is - it is okay to do forever more moving forward

:nod:
Yep. Just listened to more of yesterday’s testimony. Giuliani and his pals were actually fighting corruption investigations. There is zero doubt about what the administration did and their motivations. Zero.

If you think Hillary, Biden, and Snowden should be locked up but still support Trump at this point you are part of the problem. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Ultimately this exercise is about one thing...
Everybody agreeing that a sitting president can coerce an ally to investigate an opponent for aid
once we've established it's okay we can move forward

Nobody can deny it happened
what we're establishing now is - it is okay to do forever more moving forward

:nod:
Yep. Just listened to more of yesterday’s testimony. Giuliani and his pals were actually fighting corruption investigations. There is zero doubt about what the administration did and their motivations. Zero.

If you think Hillary, Biden, and Snowden should be locked up but still support Trump at this point you are part of the problem. :nod:
Can't we lock them all up and start with a fresh batch of sociopaths?

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I’m with ya brother.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Do you have an explanation for why somebody with nothing to hide has fought so hard to keep the truth from coming out?

Kellyanne explained this morning that their lawyer said the impeachment was unconstitutional so they aren't going to comply with requests.

Not sure how it's unconstitutional.

Trump is trying to run a country like it's a business and he's the CEO. He's used to having no oversight and it kills him that he can't just do whatever he wants.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

:lol: :lol: I'll send my worst against your worst.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Can't we lock them all up and start with a fresh batch of sociopaths?

:lol: :lol: I'll send my worst against your worst.
*wurst
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :lol: :lol: I'll send my worst against your worst.
*wurst
Exactly :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

So, which side won Day 1?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Decide for yourself:
phpBB [video]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
And hasn't Rudy been on record as saying the DOJ wasn't receptive, and thus why the back channel to him?

Also stated Biden sealed his fate and opened the door for Trump. Anticorruption investigation. Trump is rooting out corruption.
If TRUMPS DOJ doesn’t want to investigate it, that might tell you something.

But sure, let’s have a foreign country meddle in our elections. That’s a shitty defense.

The DoJ doesn’t have jurisdiction. Everybody please stop pissing up this rope. DoJ can’t really mess with it.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Let me explain it to you Corky since you’re a little slow on the uptake

Bolton wants to testify

He can’t do it freely because the WH will assert privilege, which for all intents and purposes makes anything he says in session “classified”.

So the House needs to issue a subpoena like yesterday so the WH can claim privilege. Then it can go to court where the assertion of privilege can be denied because deliberations over potential “high crimes and misdemeanors” is not privileged.

Then Bolton can testify about pretty much anything he wants to. But Schiff fvcks up every day he doesn’t issue a subpoena because only then does the thing start moving.

You understand now or do I need to get Reek to chart you a goddamn graph?

We aren't all professional bureaucrats. You live in a different world.

Maybe Schiff isn't in a hurry. Hell, he should be doing his best to keep Jordan and Nunes talking.
It doesn’t take a bureaucrat or even a terribly smart person to understand it.

You may be neither so thats why I was trying to help you out

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
There’s plenty of that to go around unfortunately

I actually sympathize with them (a little)

How do you really impeach a guy and maintain the political high ground when the Prez’s eventual defense is going to be “Yeah I did it. So what?”.... and nobody is going to switch sides over it

Think of it as a wash.... I think voters will ultimately break on his record. If he successfully touts it in 2020 ... the economy, jobs, a new NAFTA, China, etc - I think he’ll win the Rust Belt again

But the Dems are going to give him a huge assist if they don’t come off the “free sh1t for all” platform

The only people getting free shit are the war pigs - "free shit for all" is just letting some other snouts into the trough
BRAAAAAWK!

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: If TRUMPS DOJ doesn’t want to investigate it, that might tell you something.

The DoJ doesn’t have jurisdiction. Everybody please stop pissing up this rope. DoJ can’t really mess with it.

The DoJ can't investigate an American citizen?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:So, which side won Day 1?
Honestly, and I say this as someone who doesn't like Trump...neither. The Republicans made no ground and are just confusing the issue to confuse their voters. No bombshell from the witness that would blow the case wide open. Just a bunch of foundation information.

I'd say the networks won. I'm sure the ratings were YUGE! :shock:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Not necessarily a "bombshell" - but, there was a piece of new information that could turn out to be significant. There was a phone call overheard by one of Taylor's aide between Sondland and Trump re: the investigations. It was the day after the call between Trump and Zelensky.

The aide will be deposed about the phone call tomorrow.

Sondland's public hearing is next week.

Edit: right after I posted I saw this. Sounds like there'll be more corroboration
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

css75 wrote:Here is your so called whistle blower 33 yo Eric Cieramella(spelling?). He is a Democrat holdover from Obama, Trump should have canned all Obama appointees on day 1. Looks like he has lots of friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These photos are of Alexander Soros.

Don't think he's the whistleblower. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

I’ll back up my claim when you prove that a POTUS requesting foreign interference in our elections isn’t a problem.

https://www.congress.gov/treaty-documen ... ument-text

Joe Biden admitted a quid quo pro. He must be investigated.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Are you talking about the DOJ and FBI? 8-)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

https://www.congress.gov/treaty-documen ... ument-text

Joe Biden admitted a quid quo pro. He must be investigated.
That's from 20 years ago. I thought this was more recent.